World Cup Second Round: France vs Argentina

kancutlawns

World Cup Second Round: France vs Argentina

Post by kancutlawns »

Argentina hasn’t been very good, France need to get the right format and have the wrong coach. Feeling distinctly underwhelmed about a tie which eight or twelve years ago would have been utterly mouthwatering.

subsub

Re: World Cup Second Round: France vs Argentina

Post by subsub »

kancutlawns wrote:Argentina hasn’t been very good, France need to get the right format and have the wrong coach. Feeling distinctly underwhelmed about a tie which eight or twelve years ago would have been utterly mouthwatering.

I don't know, Lawns-o, I have a feeling in my bones that this could be a cracker :D

I'd love Argentina to win but think that France will be too strong for them. Could be tight, though…
WOKE AND PROUD

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

You don’t want to play your best games qualifying so I wouldn’t read too much into it.
France look a far stronger team all over the pitch, aside from Messi. They should win and sincerely hope they do.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

They'll both be wanting to avoid Germany.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:Argentina hasn’t been very good, France need to get the right format and have the wrong coach. Feeling distinctly underwhelmed about a tie which eight or twelve years ago would have been utterly mouthwatering.

I don't know, Lawns-o, I have a feeling in my bones that this could be a cracker :D

I'd love Argentina to win but think that France will be too strong for them. Could be tight, though…

I'm cheering on the Argies as well, and hope the French cave in again.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Hate both nations equally .
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The fucking Argies will sink faster than the fucking Belgrano if the frogs get their shit together.

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

With Sub and Jonathan on this. Qualifying is about getting through, and the Argies did that. Hoping for a cracker.

Mon la Albiceleste and mon little Leo.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:With Sub and Jonathan on this. Qualifying is about getting through, and the Argies did that. Hoping for a cracker.

Agree with all that. My hopes are somewhat lifted. :)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote:With Sub and Jonathan on this. Qualifying is about getting through, and the Argies did that. Hoping for a cracker.

:D

WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I'll be at Bar One, then King William IV, then maybe The Celt if you need me. Not sure which order, but all pubs are within 5 mins of each other next to the river.

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

I want Argentina to win, for footballing reasons, but I can't fucking bear the TV director constantly cutting to Maradona in the crowd, enabling his delusion that it's all about him.
It's as if they've got a non football-fan to do it. "Oh, is that Maradona? I've heard of him. Now, next shot ... has anyone got cute kids in the crowd?"
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote:I'll be at Bar One, then King William IV, then maybe The Celt if you need me. Not sure which order, but all pubs are within 5 mins of each other next to the river.

Enjoy, Carc. :drinkers: Not been in them. Was expecting a mate round for the games, and even got a sausage casserole in the slow cooker and has just texted saying still fucked from last night and not coming. Which is not actually a bad thing. :)

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Carlos J wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I'll be at Bar One, then King William IV, then maybe The Celt if you need me. Not sure which order, but all pubs are within 5 mins of each other next to the river.

Enjoy, Carc. :drinkers: Not been in them. Was expecting a mate round for the games, and even got a sausage casserole in the slow cooker and has just texted saying still fucked from last night and not coming. Which is not actually a bad thing. :)

Get down the Fat Cat on Thorpe Rd. Good craic in there. Give my best to Lena if you see her ... a dumpy danish girl, but lovely. Enjoy the game! off out ... but pacing myself, it's going to be a long session. I don't want to let myself down (Again).

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Been there a few times, live nearer the other Fat Cat in West End Street. Bloke shot near there the other day. :shock: Enjoy and pacing is good, two games and possible extra time and penalties.