SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

mikebv

Re: SF2: CROATIA V ENGLAND

Post by mikebv »

Fair play, similar to the Scousers this year in the CL..

A great side of the draw covered a lot of issues until a much better team eventually beat them.. (as did Belgium)..

But 'one dimensional' football delivered a fantastic overall result and 'ver ladz' actually looked like it meant a lot to them..

Still a long way from being in the 'top four' in the World, but progress..

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

The End wrote:
Eaststand wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
theleader82 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
theleader82 wrote:All those tacky England car flags going in the bin tomorrow lol

Hope you join them. Your analyses are utter shite tbf.

I don't think so. Shite players like Alli, sterling and lindgard aren't good enough to win the. World Cup

You don’t know what you’re talking about either.

hes does though, we're out and croatia are in the final.

You can say whatever you want, but the result is fact. And lindgrad and ali WE'RENT good enough.

Who the fuck is lindgrad?

durrr.............I'll pick up on typos!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me feel smart.
Build Back More Betterer

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Couldn't get to watch match tonight.. Looking at this fred, never mind Talksport Gold, Talkforum Gold is where it's at.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

subsub wrote:
Eaststand wrote:This kid from essex who pretends to support Liverpool reckons beating panama is an achievement.

Really? I was in my teens when we lost in 1990. You said this was the first semi with England in your lifetime. Go figure :rolleyes:
But anyway, East-o, please quit while you're way behind. You've made yourself look a total bellend during this tournament - don't make it any worse for yourself.

Easto wears his heart on his sleeve and types what he's feeling. He thinks fast and doesn't censor his thoughts. I enjoy his output immensely. Yours, not so much.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

It’s just silly to say we are shit as we clearly aren’t. A bizarre comment when we have reached a WC semi. Sure we lack a few quality players and what will be shit is if we don’t build on this. But some like to always be on a downer. You can’t change their personality.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
subsub wrote:
Eaststand wrote:This kid from essex who pretends to support Liverpool reckons beating panama is an achievement.

Really? I was in my teens when we lost in 1990. You said this was the first semi with England in your lifetime. Go figure :rolleyes:
But anyway, East-o, please quit while you're way behind. You've made yourself look a total bellend during this tournament - don't make it any worse for yourself.

Easto wears his heart on his sleeve and types what he's feeling. He thinks fast and doesn't censor his thoughts. I enjoy his output immensely. Yours, not so much.

thanks bro.

Ill have calmed down in an hour or so.
Build Back More Betterer

The End

Post by The End »

Eaststand wrote:See, sub and endos reactions are why England are shit at everything.

the "oh we did really well, not winning is great" attitude can fuck right off.

We SHOULD win things, and we should be fucking horrified when we throw it away with abject performances.

I've not said anything like that.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

you should be angry with that performance then.

we had it in our hands and threw it away.
Build Back More Betterer

The End

Post by The End »

Eaststand wrote: durrr.............I'll pick up on typos!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me feel smart.

No. Its to highlight you need to calm down and stop talking shit you'll regret in the morning.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

pugsly wrote:
subsub wrote:
pugsly wrote:
subsub wrote:
pugsly wrote:First top 5- 10 side they played and lost.

Croatia are ranked 18; Columbia are ranked 13.

Fair play Sub, but that makes even worse.

Hardly. Both teams are very good - and both games could have gone either way.

No they are not VERY good, at best Decent , very good teams win things

Not really. The Dutch sides of 1974, 1978 and 1998 were very good. They won nothing. The French sides of 1982 and 1986 were very good, they won nothing. The Braxil side of 1982 was very good, they won nothing. The Argentina side of 1998 was very good, they won nothing. You could say the Belgium side of 2018 was good, they won nothing. It’s really all relative and as you go further on the tournament, the margins get smaller and the prize gets more elusuve.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Eaststand wrote:See, sub and endos reactions are why England are shit at everything.

the "oh we did really well, not winning is great" attitude can fuck right off.

We SHOULD win things, and we should be fucking horrified when we throw it away with abject performances.

We are shit at everything :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give it up mate, you are acting like a big kid again.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

The team was left wanting marginally in allareas; up front, through the middle and at the back but it's those small margins which make the difference.

In all the matches, the side has started well but then faded. Kane has to score that chance really and after Lingard stroked the ball past the right hand post, not much more was created.

I'm not anti Henderson or Dier but they are functional journeymen in their positions, albeit at a high level. Further forward, Deli and Lingard are more dependent on others creating for them than they are creating for others (Deli more than Lingard).

In defence, they didn't attack the ball - Percic ducked in almost on the 6 yard line and in slo-mo, as Roy Keen said, John Stones stood still for the split that it took Mandzukic the time to slip in behind and score. If not suffering from physical fatigue, they were switching off mentally as the minutes ticked by. Imagine Chiellini and his Juve boys defending that lead?

But once behind, the lack of a real creator in midfield meant they were relying on the likes of Rashford etc to spark one way or the other which, at that level, they can't do, not yet certainly.

As the ITV pundits said, by the end, the Croats were beginning to do those 4-5 pass moves in the middle third where my head was spinning from in front of the TV, let alone the England midfielders.

Southgate was great at the end and so were the fans.

Onwards and upwards for the 2020 Euros. If they reach the semi-final and final, football will truly be coming home with the matches being held at Wembley.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Eaststand wrote:
subsub wrote:

I know, that why you support liverpool. because they were winning while you were at school.

Please. Plastic fans have no opinion on football. You chase the glory, thats your thing, but opinions towards real fans, no thanks.

Oh dear, nice try.
You know you've fucked up massively on England so you've gone into deflection mode and now it's all about which club we support and where we're from.
Well, that won't work tonight, I'm afraid. England have narrowly lost a World Cup semi-final and the first thing you do is launch into an embarrassing diatribe about the England manager. Really? You should scroll back and take a look at what you've posted about England - I'm sure it will make for entertaining reading.
The one thing you should also take from this is not to act like a dog with a bone when you've been royally cunted, as has happened several times during this tournament.
WOKE AND PROUD

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eaststand wrote:you should be angry with that performance then.

Why should anyone be angry with that performance?

The End

Post by The End »

Eaststand wrote:you should be angry with that performance then.

Why should I be angry with a young and inexperienced side narrowly losing 2-1 after extra time to a far more experienced and streetwise side featuring three of the best midfielders in world football?