Cycling

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
carcinogen

Re: Cycling

Post by carcinogen »

Can't wait for Le Tour.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/adam-y ... eam-ineos/

Adam Yates will be leaving Mitchelton-Scott after seven years at the Australian squad to join Team Ineos

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

mate was signing for 2021 Etape du tour fairly do able route not climb heavy .then the entry fee came up .....£225, sod it , did mine years ago cost around 40 quid ......like all these things ,getting greedy
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Northern Troglodite wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:06 pm mate was signing for 2021 Etape du tour fairly do able route not climb heavy .then the entry fee came up .....£225, sod it , did mine years ago cost around 40 quid ......like all these things ,getting greedy
Yep, but they'll have no shortage of takers.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Do what I did when I cycled from Narbonne to Biarritz, go a month later. All the writing is still on the road, it's wonderful.
In those days you could catch a ferry in Folkestone and then a train to Narbonne with a dedicated wagon for the bikes. Similar from Biarritz back to Kent. Do they still do anything like that?

Of course, it's handy if you live 30 miles from Folkestone :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:15 pm
Northern Troglodite wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:06 pm mate was signing for 2021 Etape du tour fairly do able route not climb heavy .then the entry fee came up .....£225, sod it , did mine years ago cost around 40 quid ......like all these things ,getting greedy
Yep, but they'll have no shortage of takers.

Sadly correct me owld mucka ....tis why they do it , it worth
A FORTUNE to them nowadays 10 k ar £225-.......is a QUARTER MILLION QUID ...just in entries !!!!
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Yep,
JimmyDee wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:23 pm Do what I did when I cycled from Narbonne to Biarritz, go a month later. All the writing is still on the road, it's wonderful.
In those days you could catch a ferry in Folkestone and then a train to Narbonne with a dedicated wagon for the bikes. Similar from Biarritz back to Kent. Do they still do anything like that?

Of course, it's handy if you live 30 miles from Folkestone :-)
Sounds good, but to NT as well, some like having all the support staff and other riders about so will pay. I probably would if half decent on hills.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?