Cycling

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Cycling

Post by Carlos J »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:41 pm
Northern Troglodite wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:40 am
theleader82 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:07 pm Is there much difference between a gravel bike and a road bike? I realise the gravel bike will probably be a bit slower but are they still good to use on the road? I live a few miles from a reservoir which has a gravel type path around the outside.
Most decent level hybrids are fine on gravel paths etc , just get one with abt 28 -30 mm tyres
As per my Cannnondale hybrid has 30mm tyres. Had 3+ years on road and Norfolk Broads side and still great. Get yourself down to a dealer, Leader and try some out. Everyday use and some gravel fun, you'll get yourself something decent for a monkey. You're not going to do L'Étape du Tour or hardcore road riding so get down the shops and try a few. All good dealers will let you.
Thanks. There is a bike shop at the reservoir where I jog sometimes but some of there bikes are on the pricey side. Would be a good place to practice though. Decathlon have some good value ones. I like the value of a gravel bike as it gives you more options. Norfolk would be a nice area for cycling. I’d like to go the Peak District once I feel confident on the bike
No worries Leader. I'm sure they'll let you have a go and same as Decathlon would, you're paying decent coin so get someting you like and feel good with as it's a pretty pricey investment.

Norfolk Broads are lovely to cycle sround, and were plenty of pub stops, Always loved the Peak District from Nottingham living but much harder cycling.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Carlos J wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:33 am
theleader82 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:07 pm Is there much difference between a gravel bike and a road bike? I realise the gravel bike will probably be a bit slower but are they still good to use on the road? I live a few miles from a reservoir which has a gravel type path around the outside.
Most decent level hybrids are fine on gravel paths etc , just get one with abt 28 -30 mm tyres
As per my Cannnondale hybrid has 30mm tyres. Had 3+ years on road and Norfolk Broads side and still great. Get yourself down to a dealer, Leader and try some out. Everyday use and some gravel fun, you'll get yourself something decent for a monkey. You're not going to do L'Étape du Tour or hardcore road riding so get down the shops and try a few. All good dealers will let you.
Thanks. There is a bike shop at the reservoir where I jog sometimes but some of there bikes are on the pricey side. Would be a good place to practice though. Decathlon have some good value ones. I like the value of a gravel bike as it gives you more options. Norfolk would be a nice area for cycling. I’d like to go the Peak District once I feel confident on the bike
No worries Leader. I'm sure they'll let you have a go and same as Decathlon would, you're paying decent coin so get someting you like and feel good with as it's a pretty pricey investment.

Norfolk Broads are lovely to cycle sround, and were plenty of pub stops, Always loved the Peak District from Nottingham living but much harder cycling.
My aunt and cousin live kings Lynn side of Norfolk but my mum is from Norwich and has family in hellesdon. I have fond men’s memories of a school trip to sheringahm. Northants seems popular for cycling but I’m not a fan
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:43 am
Carlos J wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:33 am

My aunt and cousin live kings Lynn side of Norfolk but my mum is from Norwich and has family in hellesdon. I have fond men’s memories of a school trip to sheringahm. Northants seems popular for cycling but I’m not a fan
Ha. Don't know Kings Lynn and west Norfolk. but if you go visit them, in Hellesdon, bring your bike. And Sheringham and north Norfolk is great for cycling Norfolk is lovely, a couple of minutes and in countryside, maybe ten from central Partridgeland for me but Broads bewtiful to cycle around, pub lunch and carry on.

Get yoursef to a dealer, Leader, find a bike that suits you and get on cycling. Good ctclinging old friend.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ah, take it that was the one KP was on with Goff talking about.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

The Cuckoo will get totally anywhere......coinage bint
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Lee Westwood has lost a lot of weight.
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Northern Troglodite wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:13 am The Cuckoo will get totally anywhere......coinage bint
Squintella looking lithe in her tight gear. Adds nothing bar to the virgins wanking.

Darn shouldn't have started now, but think can manage another 50 mins, maybe.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

How did Steph Houghton, a womens professional footballer get handicapped worse than thirsty Kirsty, a womens professional drunkard and shagger? :drinkers: :dog1:

Thirsty must have used her detox days or some other chump for her earlier tests. :-k

No wonder Steph was 30 seconds ahead of her after a few minutes. :roll:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Faux-excitement at last few k as Froome easy on it. Kudos to Mel C and Steph Houghton though.

Have the comms, some chap and Romesh wank, never watched a cycling finish in chat to Froome? It was never going to be close. :roll: :roll:

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Trouble with E cycling is when you go downhill etc you don't have to judge anything like cornering etc , no danger of coming off at 60 -70 K on descents , scared the shit out of me on some alp descents , got to 80k was praying brakes kept going , stopped a few times :D
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I noticed most cyclists seem to wear sunglasses . Is this only necessary in summer? Is it just to stop debris/bugs going in your eyes? Sorry for the silly questions.
Man U and rangers

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:06 am I noticed most cyclists seem to wear sunglasses . Is this only necessary in summer? Is it just to stop debris/bugs going in your eyes? Sorry for the silly questions.
Dear leader. Yes it for that and for the light as different lens for different light, but don't worry about that. Plus, in pro cycling and any competitive cycling, it is also to hide the eyes. As the eyes tell all.

Please go to your dealer, a good one won't try to sell you some £60 shades.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The cycling fad is finally dying down.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

lambrini wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:08 pm The cycling fad is finally dying down.
The cycling fad maybe, Lambo, cycling never will. 8)