Hurricane Florence

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Hurricane Florence

Post by kancutlawns »

delboy1983 wrote:She's a big fucker by all accounts

The speed reduced yesterday. Not sure how strong it’s going to be. It is category 4?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

No
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Lots of countries get cyclones and typhoons. I’m not sure why the news focuses on the USA so much
Man U and rangers

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Cue TV reporters standing in front of wind-blown trees and lashing rain informing viewers 'the hurricane has arrived'. What is the FUCKING POINT!? Fuck me it's irritating. Year-in, year-out, the same fucking story. People boarding-up their homes, long traffic jams as people leave, empty shelves in the supermarket. It's not fucking news, it's weather. GEEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Ok, rant over. Annnnd, breathe.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:She's a big fucker by all accounts

The speed reduced yesterday. Not sure how strong it’s going to be. It is category 4?

Not as strong as Hurricane Bawbag then :P
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:It's not fucking news, it's weather

Eh? A hurricane that will potentially destroy thousands of homes and kill hundreds of people isn't newsworthy? What planet are you on?
WOKE AND PROUD

No longer the Bridesmaid

Planet Carc

caveman

Post by caveman »

Hillman avenger wrote:Guess who is going to N and S Carolina for a month October 24?

If it's you, I hope you will spend some time and money doing charity work and helping out the locals who have been impacted by this.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:Guess who is going to N and S Carolina for a month October 24?

Sigh. Is it Trump?
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote:
carcinogen wrote:It's not fucking news, it's weather

Eh? A hurricane that will potentially destroy thousands of homes and kill hundreds of people isn't newsworthy? What planet are you on?

Our media seems obsessed with American weather I'm sick of it. It's as newsworthy as Angelia Jolie adopting another kid from South East Asia. If that's your idea of news, good for you.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

carcinogen wrote:Our media seems obsessed with American weather I'm sick of it. It's as newsworthy as Angelia Jolie adopting another kid from South East Asia. If that's your idea of news, good for you.

Utter tosh.
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

subsub wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Our media seems obsessed with American weather I'm sick of it. It's as newsworthy as Angelia Jolie adopting another kid from South East Asia. If that's your idea of news, good for you.

Utter tosh.

You can't genuinely tell me the mainstream broadcast news actually informs the public of anything actually newsworthy. Come on now.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Subz has journalistic integrity MyCarc. Don't group him with piggins and cuntstiss

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

'The desired goal of modern journalism is objectivity, the detached and unprejudiced gathering and dissemination of news and information'.

All journalists at The Sun, Mail, BBC, Guardian etc. have to pass a test which confirms they meet these requirements on a regular basis. Therefore, all accusations of bias, agendas, propaganda are totally unfounded. Particularly those aimed at the BBC.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

theleader82 wrote:Lots of countries get cyclones and typhoons. I’m not sure why the news focuses on the USA so much

No one cares about poor brown people
A joyless arsehole.