Trump - Part 6

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Hillman avenger

Re: Trump - Part 6

Postby Hillman avenger » Tue May 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Do you think the US electorate judged his policies re Iran?
That's extremely unlikely. They are famously disinterested in foreign policy, and that would have been three years ago as well.
I don't think any government is happy with Iran, but they felt the treaty at least created an uneasy peace.
I am serious when I say the biggest reason he wanted to change things was because Obama had made the deal. He is obsessed with erasing Obama's record.
Even if scrapping the treaty had been wise, announcing it without talking to allies is plain stupid. Then sending Pompeo to get them in line made it worse, not to mention humiliating him . Which seems to be what he does to all his key team members.
He is heading here for his own Iraq , which of course he did and didn't support.
Putin must love watching such crass behaviour.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Tue May 14, 2019 3:32 pm

I should think that those voters to whom Iranian or general foreign policy matter would be divided between parties pretty evenly. I'd tend to think that the average American these days would be a lot better informed than the average Brit.
In the case of the Obama deal though, it caused public uproar because it effectively gave into them and paid them not to develop nukes or supply terrorists with military grade weaponry. It was discussed a lot on tv stations and talk radio and lots of people were enraged about it, so yes in this case I think his promise to scrap it was a significant one in the minds of the electorate.
Same goes for climate change , the wall and restricting immigration from terrorist hot spots plus most of the stuff you complain about him doing.

You're hardly the only one, but it's been widely commented upon that this is the first Presdent who's been viciously attacked from certain quarters for doing exactly what he said he'd do before the election.

Well. He's done it, and lots of people think it's worked very well and that the only difficulties have been the political terrorism of opponents who've tried to block stuff like the wall through dodgy tactics and exerted influence on parts of the press and the top level of the FBI to add plausibility to ridiculous nonsense about Putin and stuff.

See, you probably don't know that the working part of the FBI are massively supportive of Donald Trump, and the people you quote and see quoted like Comey etc are politically appointed as Directors etc, but they're lawyers , not agents and they're more like a DA who doesn't personally prosecute than anything else. Their function is to liase with the Beltway and control budgets, not investigate crimes personally or go anywhere near the sharp end.
Of course you're either going to say you knew that or deny that it's true, but be honest with yourself and take that into you're reasoning.
No actual law enforcement officers think Trump is a criminal, but a lot of them think Killery is, and the NYPD for example wanted to arrest her but got their evidence taken on an injunction by Comey because he successfully contended they were Federal crimes. Of course he did nothing with them.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Tue May 14, 2019 3:34 pm

By the way please don't trawl the Internet for some deputy sheriff in Bunnyhop Idaho who says bad stuff about Trump. I'm sure you'll find one or two

Hillman avenger

Postby Hillman avenger » Tue May 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Royal24s wrote:I should think that those voters to whom Iranian or general foreign policy matter would be divided between parties pretty evenly. I'd tend to think that the average American these days would be a lot better informed than the average Brit.
In the case of the Obama deal though, it caused public uproar because it effectively gave into them and paid them not to develop nukes or supply terrorists with military grade weaponry. It was discussed a lot on tv stations and talk radio and lots of people were enraged about it, so yes in this case I think his promise to scrap it was a significant one in the minds of the electorate.
Same goes for climate change , the wall and restricting immigration from terrorist hot spots plus most of the stuff you complain about him doing.
In the echo chamber of Fox News.
None of the points you make are borne out in public opinion polls .

You're hardly the only one, but it's been widely commented upon that this is the first Presdent who's been viciously attacked from certain quarters for doing exactly what he said he'd do before the election.
"Widely commented on"...see above. And there's reams of stuff he said he would do , not done. Mind you, they were never possible anyway, like getting jobs back in the rust belt. Indeed, has made that worse.

Well. He's done it, and lots of people think it's worked very well and that the only difficulties have been the political terrorism of opponents who've tried to block stuff like the wall through dodgy tactics and exerted influence on parts of the press and the top level of the FBI to add plausibility to ridiculous nonsense about Putin and stuff.
Like shutting down government, you mean?

See, you probably don't know that the working part of the FBI are massively supportive of Donald Trump,
And tell us how you know that. And how it squares with Trump's pathetic complaints about the agents in Mueller's team being against him. That's Mueller, the Republican.
and the people you quote and see quoted like Comey etc are politically appointed as Directors etc, but they're lawyers , not agents and they're more like a DA who doesn't personally prosecute than anything else. Their function is to liase with the Beltway and control budgets, not investigate crimes personally or go anywhere near the sharp end.
Of course you're either going to say you knew that or deny that it's true, but be honest with yourself and take that into you're reasoning.
No actual law enforcement officers think Trump is a criminal,
Have a look at what's happening now in SNY.
but a lot of them think Killery is, and the NYPD for example wanted to arrest her but got their evidence taken on an injunction by Comey because he successfully contended they were Federal crimes. Of course he did nothing with them.

Another example of your double-speak. You tell us how dumbed-down the population is, but are quite happy to allege that those same people are happy with Trump. Doesn't work.

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Tue May 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes it does .
You can't ignore the majority vote even if you think people are stupid.
You ignored the stuff I took the trouble to write and just trotted out an entirely unrelated slogan you've used before anyway.
That's very like the interview with Nigel Farage you thought the BBC won by trying to talk about something else and ignoring the issue.
It doesn't work any more mate.

Hillman avenger

Postby Hillman avenger » Tue May 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Royal24s wrote:Yes it does .
You can't ignore the majority vote even if you think people are stupid.
You ignored the stuff I took the trouble to write and just trotted out an entirely unrelated slogan you've used before anyway.
That's very like the interview with Nigel Farage you thought the BBC won by trying to talk about something else and ignoring the issue.
It doesn't work any more mate.

What doesn't work any more is avoiding the question and trying to claim "fake news" about everything. Nor can you have any integrity when you bore us at length about how stupid people are, and yet when it suits tell us about the wisdom of their collective choice.
Especially for only the second President in 100 years to be elected with a minority of the popular vote.

Saints11

Postby Saints11 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Royals v Hillman could be a PPV event
Talksport sweepstake Grand National Winner 2011!

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Nah, there wouldn't be rules and it'd be over too soon

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Postby Steve Hunt » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am

Saints11 wrote:Royals v Hillman could be a PPV event

I'm not entirely convinced it would attract a large enough audience to make it viable, Saints

If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

SICK OF talkSPORT FAWNING ALL OVER ARSENAL

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Wed May 15, 2019 10:10 am

How depressing yet probably accurate.
You make the point very effectively that there's really no point arguing any more.

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Wed May 15, 2019 10:13 am

L

Royal24s

Postby Royal24s » Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm

I'd more or less decided to give this place a miss due to negative vibes and constant bitching, but I couldn't resist logging on to comment when I heard the excellent news that the President has pardoned Lord Black.
It's very encouraging to see him finally using his powers as Chief Executive in a most Statemanlike way.
Maybe we'll see him now go on to turn the full power of the law on those democrats and corrupt journalists who've constantly tried to undermine the Union and the democratic process. Having endured a dishonest witch hunt by Mueller and his backers, perhaps it's time for a Special Prosecutor to be appointed to look at them, the Clinton e-mail crimes they covered up and Obama's unlawful spying on political campaigns.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Postby Carlos J » Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 am

Steve Hunt wrote:
Saints11 wrote:Royals v Hillman could be a PPV event

I'm not entirely convinced it would attract a large enough audience to make it viable, Saints

It's quite prescient, though innocent Jimmy Jordan good wrestling coach: :roll: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/us/p ... state.html

The open court on Jimmy ain't good: :Hangman: https://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-state-tea ... 17520.html
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?