Knife crime

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: Knife crime

Post by Royal24s »

Well it mystifies me. It seems to be in certain areas too, but I still can't quite put my finger on it.
You know , I've sometimes thought there must be a common factor between people who do suicide attacks too, but again I can't think what it could be.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Royal24s wrote:Well it mystifies me. It seems to be in certain areas too, but I still can't quite put my finger on it.
You know , I've sometimes thought there must be a common factor between people who do suicide attacks too, but again I can't think what it could be.

You are not thinking hard enough.
You must try harder.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

If it wasn't for Trump occupying his attention, Kahn would be able to concentrate on knife crime in London.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Just been watching parts of a 'debate' about knife crime on the parliament channel (better than any mainstream option I could find over lunch).
The main 'contributors' were a group of assistant chief constables; superintendents in charge of something or other; violent crime officers, etc.
I watched around 40 minutes or so, and they proposed various radical ideas, such as 'understanding' this, and 'learning' from that, and all agreeing that 'prison isn't an answer'.
No suggestions of course as to what is the answer, nor was there any suggestion of any elephants in any rooms.
A sorry old state the public servants are in, mostly of their own making, but they couldn't come up with an answer to 2+2 anymore, for fear of upsetting other numbers.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:Just been watching parts of a 'debate' about knife crime on the parliament channel (better than any mainstream option I could find over lunch).
The main 'contributors' were a group of assistant chief constables; superintendents in charge of something or other; violent crime officers, etc.
I watched around 40 minutes or so, and they proposed various radical ideas, such as 'understanding' this, and 'learning' from that, and all agreeing that 'prison isn't an answer'.
No suggestions of course as to what is the answer, nor was there any suggestion of any elephants in any rooms.
A sorry old state the public servants are in, mostly of their own making, but they couldn't come up with an answer to 2+2 anymore, for fear of upsetting other numbers.

What do you think the answer is, Roy?
WOKE AND PROUD

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Just been watching parts of a 'debate' about knife crime on the parliament channel (better than any mainstream option I could find over lunch).

What I think has been mentioned on here repeatedly over 12 years or so, - to a reception of ridicule and vilification from your mindset.
No point in going down that slippery slope (unless a genuine debate, minus the usual ad hominem could be had, which I definitely doubt is possible on here).
Much more interested to know if anyone on your 'side', which seems much closer to the establishment position above, has any thoughts as to why your 'answers' have not yielded any tangible improvements over the years.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:

What I think has been mentioned on here repeatedly over 12 years or so, - to a reception of ridicule and vilification from your mindset.
No point in going down that slippery slope (unless a genuine debate, minus the usual ad hominem could be had, which I definitely doubt is possible on here).
Much more interested to know if anyone on your 'side', which seems much closer to the establishment position above, has any thoughts as to why your 'answers' have not yielded any tangible improvements over the years.

Why would it be a slippery slope? Just say what's on your mind.
I'm keen to know.
WOKE AND PROUD