Re: Knife crime

Post by Zambo »

At sentencing today the judge described the incident as “extremely serious”

- but said the teenager had a “realistic prospect of rehabilitation”. :lol:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:At sentencing today the judge described the incident as “extremely serious”

Translation: He's an habitual offender who's up to his neck in all of this kind of stuff but has an expensive entourage of solicitors, probation and social workers all fighting his corner. They managed to convince a typical do-gooding judge that he really can be rehabilitated.

I have literally seen this loads of times and the person I often quote on here as being arrested and bailed 42 times on the trot was 17 at the time. Only when he turned 18 did anything actually happen like him going to prison. Even then, it was more common to see him on the streets than not despite never stopping his crime spree.

An absolute joke.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

m4rkb wrote:
Zambo wrote:At sentencing today the judge described the incident as “extremely serious”

Translation: He's an habitual offender who's up to his neck in all of this kind of stuff but has an expensive entourage of solicitors, probation and social workers all fighting his corner. They managed to convince a typical do-gooding judge that he really can be rehabilitated.

I have literally seen this loads of times and the person I often quote on here as being arrested and bailed 42 times on the trot was 17 at the time. Only when he turned 18 did anything actually happen like him going to prison. Even then, it was more common to see him on the streets than not despite never stopping his crime spree.

An absolute joke.

Christ, paying the solicitors must be eating into his salary. Wonder what he does for a living.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Looking at that knife he's probably some kind of surgeon. They are usually on top money.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

His eyes have got rehabilitation written all over them.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... ng-2259437

The classic line
Judge Dhir said a probation officer had told her this morning that Gardner was a “quiet and young man”.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'm sure he will be fine and go on to be a upstanding citizen and make a huge contribution to his local community and society and general. All he needs is the chance and to be given the encouragement. Punishent isnt the right approach, it will not deter others.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Judge Dhir is a fucking idiot falling for that.
If I''d have been the judge I'd have set a legal precedent sentencing him to a year in solitary fed nothing but stale bread and gruel all day.

But I would let him have his phone with an hours credit per month. He could call his mates and tell them how absolutely unbearable it is and will never carry a knife again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Violent crimes up by 19%. I wonder why :smt017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46984559

paolo

Post by paolo »

knife crime = saddique khan

his legacy
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I don't much have sympathy for people in London and other cities getting stabbed if they've chosen to live a life of crime. Our cowardly politicians and police forces have allowed the situation to get worse though, that's who I have contempt for. They've allowed ghettoes to form and driven the British people out of the towns and cities they helped to build and develop.
Man U and rangers

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

It’s almost as if those deep cuts to the police budget in the name of 'austerity' were a mistake.

Theresa May was the Home Secretary who presided over those cuts. When she was warned by the Police Federation what would happen this was her response.

Good job she’s no longer in a position of responsibility after that total lapse in judgement.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Zambo wrote:Violent crimes up by 19%. I wonder why :smt017

The police seem clear who’s responsible. Obviously the police chiefs who are appointed by Theresa May won’t be so blunt.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Ralph wrote:

The police seem clear who’s responsible. Obviously the police chiefs who are appointed by Theresa May won’t be so blunt.

Of course it's the Government's fault, they decide the laws and pass them, and a bunch of poor bastards have to try and do their bit to enforce them, with an under strength team and very little deterrent and/or punishment even if the criminals are caught. My comment were alluding to the last bit of that.

Criminals will continue to commit crime if they think there is little chance of being caught, and even if they are, they know that they the law and pathetically lenient judges will ensure that their lack of freedom will only be temporary. That goes even for the serial offenders. Moreover, we now even got the Prisons minister talking shite like this.

"You bring somebody in for three or four weeks, they lose their house, their job, their family, their reputation".

You may as well give up. Who gives a fuck if someone loses their job or house. If they wanted to keep both then don't commit the crime. We've been trying the rehabilitation approach and looking at why people break the law for decades, and it don't work, otherwise we wouldn't be looking at crime figures like this.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Of course it's the Government's fault, they decide the laws and pass them, and a bunch of poor bastards have to try and do their bit to enforce them, with an under strength team and very little deterrent and/or punishment even if the criminals are caught. My comment were alluding to the last bit of that.

Criminals will continue to commit crime if they think there is little chance of being caught, and even if they are, they know that they the law and pathetically lenient judges will ensure that their lack of freedom will only be temporary. That goes even for the serial offenders. Moreover, we now even got the Prisons minister talking shite like this.

"You bring somebody in for three or four weeks, they lose their house, their job, their family, their reputation".

You may as well give up. Who gives a fuck if someone loses their job or house. If they wanted to keep both then don't commit the crime. We've been trying the rehabilitation approach and looking at why people break the law for decades, and it don't work, otherwise we wouldn't be looking at crime figures like this.

I think everyone can agrees with that whether you support harsh punishment or rehabilitation (or something in the middle).

What baffles me is how any politician pusuaded themselves that reducing the number of police on such a large scale would be consequence free. The police warned what would happen & got insulted for their trouble.

I’m not a cheerleader for the police but if you reduce their numbers its bound lead to a rise in crime as criminals realise they won’t get caught.