Knife crime

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Knife crime

Post by Zambo »

Just another unbelievable decision by these morons. When they get found out they say, lessons have been learned, and then immediately stumble on to the next major balls up
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

It seems pretty obvious to me that to break the endless cycle of reoffending and “culture” the sentences for knife crime need to be upped to 10 years and mean 10 years, at the moment even if they get 5 years they’ll only do 2 1/2 and get straight back into their community with tales of how easy it was, if you upped it to 10 and enforced it by the time they’d got out their circle of mates would hopefully have moved on in their lives and they’d just be the forgotten waster rather than the “hero” they probabaly seem now.
Brilliantly Honest

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

m4rkb wrote:This guy has escaped jail for trying to break into a drivers car holding this knife.
Good decision from the CJS. After all, it looks totally harmless and we all carry a knife like that around with us don't we.
Another example of the wrong people in charge.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/south ... oids-jail/

Remember this cunt? The original judge decided a suspended sentence was an effective punishment and an adequate deterrent to stop him doing it in future. Thankfully this was overturned on appeal and he's now got a huge three and a half years.
If he'd have got the car door open I'm sure it would have been attempted murder at the very least.

The most worrying part is having people in the justice system this fucking soft. Whoever it was should be sacked and never work in it again but the sad news is these are exactly the kind of limp wristed people they are looking for to preside over our safety. People with compassion who can see the crime from the point of view of the criminal.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Except that in the case you mention it is in the news because the suspended sentence was changed to 3.5 years in prison.
As a result of an appeal which the CPS, or even any of us, can make against a too lenient sentence.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Hillman avenger

It's a regular occurrence here that people moan about court sentences.
Which usually leads to the preposterous claim that our judiciary is a hotbed of left-wing support.
When sentencing judges consider, and are required to consider, reports from probation and the police, and the likelihood of the offence being repeated in future. The public is nor privy to this, nor to the content of evidence in the trial.
Having considered that, the judge has to sentence within guidelines ( which I believe come from the Attorney-General, who has to work within the boundaries set when the law was first passed or later reformed).
And after that, the CPS and/or any member of the public, can request a review by the Court of Appeal.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's not a regular occurence. 137 in twelve months, which is a minute number of sentences which are unduly lenient. Mind you, what I think is unduly lenient, you will probably disagree.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

No time for Johnno, but he's correct here.

The police have a fair point about cuts to their organisation, but ffs, they need to sort their priorities out.

There appears to be a whole wad of people getting their knickers all tangled up because of what someone says on Social Media. Another example was the overreaction to the moron in the crowd at the Southampton v Cardiff match. To make aeroplane signs towards the Cardiff fans was below the belt bad taste, but the police arrested him. What the fuck will be the charge be to that one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... crime.html

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote:No time for Johnno, but he's correct here.

The police have a fair point about cuts to their organisation, but ffs, they need to sort their priorities out.

There appears to be a whole wad of people getting their knickers all tangled up because of what someone says on Social Media. Another example was the overreaction to the moron in the crowd at the Southampton v Cardiff match. To make aeroplane signs towards the Cardiff fans was below the belt bad taste, but the police arrested him. What the fuck will be the charge be to that one.

Every time I read an arrested for twitter post story 'haven't they got anything better to do'?

Hillman avenger

Vespa wrote:
Zambo wrote:No time for Johnno, but he's correct here.

Every time I read an arrested for twitter post story 'haven't they got anything better to do'?

"Arrested for twitter post" stories are pretty rare. The incident at Southampton is different altogether.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The incident at Southamton was a farce. Ban them from games, but arresting someone for moving their arms around like an aeroplane, irrespective of the extremely tragic case they were taking the piss out of, is complete madness.

The Birmingham Zulus wouldn't even get away with singing shit on the Villa during these fragile and pathtic times. As for the 6.57 crew, they wouldn't even make the platform.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:The incident at Southamton was a farce. Ban them from games, but arresting someone for moving their arms around like an aeroplane, irrespective of the extremely tragic case they were taking the piss out of, is complete madness.

The Birmingham Zulus wouldn't even get away with singing shit on the Villa during these fragile and pathtic times. As for the 6.57 crew, they wouldn't even make the platform.

I'm sure I've demanded that be treated as a hate crime in the past on here.

The whole crowd sings it and there's no excuse for not arresting and chucking the lot of them in the clink as we've got way more than enough cells.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Knife crime seems to be more prevalent in ethnically diverse areas . I’m not sure why that is . Young men pretending to be gangstas. Lol
Man U and rangers

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I'm less than impressed with the Mayor of Londons recent announcements. The one he's trumpeting at the moment is a plan to tag people leaving jail after they've been convicted of knife crime.

I'm not sure how monitoring the people you've already caught is going to stop people getting stabbed in the first place.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Knife crime going up, punishments coming down. I wonder if there is a connection. :smt017

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... fence.html