Andy Murray

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Re: Andy Murray

Post by carcinogen »

antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:I just can't grasp how someone with a sports injury that bad,, can play a match like that, which I believe was over four hours. He's either on morphine, or exaggerating the problem.

Come off it Z, he's certainly on a bag load of painkillers but he'll be allowed a R1 entry to Wimbledon for a final tearful ta ta.

Will Cliff be there to sing? Christ. I might just kill myself now. Sue Barker must be wetting herself.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

antdad wrote:
Zambo wrote:I just can't grasp how someone with a sports injury that bad,, can play a match like that, which I believe was over four hours. He's either on morphine, or exaggerating the problem.

Come off it Z, he's certainly on a bag load of painkillers but he'll be allowed a R1 entry to Wimbledon for a final tearful ta ta.

Just trying to put a perspective on it. I have an achilles problem at the minute. Nothing serious just a bout of tendonitis. Now I could dose myself up to the eyeballs with painkillers, but I wouldn't last five minutes on a tennis court due to the pain. When you think of what he is putting his hip through for over four hours, the weight on it when he makes ground shots for one, I don't think he's in all that much pain to be honest.

If he is taking an amount of painkillers to shut the pain out, then he is doing a lot of damage to his body by blotting it out. Would be interested to hear what his surgeon had to say about that
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

I think the feeling is he will be a shadow of his previous self with the hip problems hehas and it won't get any better only worse.
A last throw of the dice on another hip operation but it's a long shot methinks.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

I don't think we have any idea of just how much pain top athletes have to endure.
If they are fit enough to play, then we just presume they are 100% fit.
Remember Gary Lineker stating that from his mid-20s, he was rarely fully fit. Always playing with an injury, however minor.
Tennis players are used to having to play long matches, week in, week out.
You have to admire them. They must have a high pain freshold.
I saw Pat Cash at the Lord's test match. He looked like an old man. He sat down on a bench to eat some lunch and it was an effort to get back on his feet.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

SeanNW8 wrote:I don't think we have any idea of just how much pain top athletes have to endure.
If they are fit enough to play, then we just presume they are 100% fit.
Remember Gary Lineker stating that from his mid-20s, he was rarely fully fit. Always playing with an injury, however minor.
Tennis players are used to having to play long matches, week in, week out.
You have to admire them. They must have a high pain freshold.
I saw Pat Cash at the Lord's test match. He looked like an old man. He sat down on a bench to eat some lunch and it was an effort to get back on his feet.

It's prpbably worse in this generation of players if anything but we probably won't know until the next ten or twenty years after the current crop retire. They are high performing athletes, looks at all the severe injuries which only say about two or three decades ago players would never have recovered from like multiple fractures and CL ligament ruptures. Sports science and surgical techniques do wonders as do the hig competencies of physios but the amount of pain, treatment, surgery and rehab players have to go through as well as the so called lesser injuries and niggles is pretty mind blowing.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote:
SeanNW8 wrote:I don't think we have any idea of just how much pain top athletes have to endure.

No one forced this miserable cunt to knock a little furry ball around. You expect me to have sympathy for him? Do me a favour. Tennis represents everything that is wrong with this country; White, middle-class, bullshit. The Gentlemen's club. Vaguely misogynistic, definately racist. Wimbledon may as well fly a swastika on centre court as far as I am concerned. Horrible.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

So a few notches above you in personality development then?

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

carcinogen wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

No one forced this miserable cunt to knock a little furry ball around. You expect me to have sympathy for him? Do me a favour. Tennis represents everything that is wrong with this country; White, middle-class, bullshit. The Gentlemen's club. Vaguely misogynistic, definately racist. Wimbledon may as well fly a swastika on centre court as far as I am concerned. Horrible.

Wasns't asking for sympathy from anyone, just stating an opinion that the modern sportsman often competes suffering from a variety of injuries.

Get back to us if you have any luck in the ballot for Wimbledon tickets will you???

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

SeanNW8 wrote:just stating an opinion that the modern sportsman often competes suffering from a variety of injuries.
?

Yes, and I opined that I couldn't give a flying fuck. No one forced these people to decide not to get a job for a living and run around hitting a ball for a lot of money.

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

Fair enough, if it angers you to such an extent......

I'm a great admierer of his achievements. Physically and mentally, he's up there with our finest sportsmen in the modern era.
Hope he can compete competively in Wimbledon this summer. Be a fitting send off for him in my view.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

SeanNW8 wrote:Fair enough, if it angers you to such an extent......

I'm a great admierer of his achievements. Physically and mentally, he's up there with our finest sportsmen in the modern era.
Hope he can compete competively in Wimbledon this summer. Be a fitting send off for him in my view.

No. I respect that view mate. I just think he's a miserable git whose mother molly-coddled him. I have more respect for bus-drivers and litter-pickers; nurses and teachers. I don't rate men who decide to become tennis-players. I rate men who earn an honest-living. We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the man is a cunt.

The End

Post by The End »

carcinogen wrote:

No. I respect that view mate. I just think he's a miserable git whose mother molly-coddled him. I have more respect for bus-drivers and litter-pickers; nurses and teachers. I don't rate men who decide to become tennis-players. I rate men who earn an honest-living. We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the man is a cunt.

If there is anyone on the forum somehow with more free time on their hands than wor Carc, can they spend half a day going through just a year of his posts and make a list of everyone he hates?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

SeanNW8

Post by SeanNW8 »

carcinogen wrote:

Are there any modern sportsmen you admire??
Clearly, it's obscene how much money he makes when compared to a nurse who works 60hr weeks consistently.
But you get inequality, it's inevitable in our society.
Do you rant at Tom Hanks how is lavishly paid for talking into a camera?
Or members of the Spice Girls who get paid a fortune for singing very badly.

Such injustices could drive anyone mad. Maybe I'm just too accepting of how life can be unfair for the majority.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Sean, I've had £25 on him to win Wimbledon..

:wink:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

In summary, Andy Murray is a whining fucking cunt.