Pizza Express next high-street casualty

In-depth debate on all topical issues
User avatar
carcinogen
Registered user
Posts: 14197
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: East Coast

Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby carcinogen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:18 am

Good. Fucking shit. Worst Pizza I've ever had the misfortune to eat. The shithole back-streets of Naples serve better pizza than this over-priced bullshit outlet. I'm glad they are about to go bust. Although I do feel for those who are owed debts. 1billion is the current estimate. How can a shitcan pizza company get into debt by 1billion? Fucking ridiculous. I suppose my ire should be focused on the lenders that bankroll these fucking shitcuntfucks.
“Sport is the big giveaway. Wherever sport plays a big part in people's lives you can be sure they're bored witless and just waiting to break up the furniture.”

― J.G. Ballard, Kingdom Come

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 66901
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby kancutlawns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am

They've not gone into debt by £1bn have they? I read over the weekend that they need to pay back £650m debt in three years time. Not sure why you think because you didn't like the scrag ends of a pizza that a departing customer gave you when leaving a store justifies a business going bust.

Companies do going into significant debt with a wrong operating model and opening up more stores without looking at current consumer trends. It's poor management strategic control. Pizza Express are OK.

User avatar
carcinogen
Registered user
Posts: 14197
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby carcinogen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 am

kancutlawns wrote: Pizza Express are OK.


Well clearly they aren't because they've gone bust. Pizza Express is shit and any person who has dined in the establishment more than once is a thick fucking cunt with absolutely no taste.
“Sport is the big giveaway. Wherever sport plays a big part in people's lives you can be sure they're bored witless and just waiting to break up the furniture.”

― J.G. Ballard, Kingdom Come

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 66901
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby kancutlawns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:47 am

carcinogen wrote:
kancutlawns wrote: Pizza Express are OK.


Well clearly they aren't because they've gone bust. Pizza Express is shit and any person who has dined in the establishment more than once is a thick fucking cunt with absolutely no taste.

Utter crap. Why is someone who takes his family to Pizza Express for example because he/she likes the ambiances, price, customer care and quality of the food and drinking what you say? You don't like it fine, you clearly have no standard of personal hygiene, friends, family or basic intelligence.

User avatar
carcinogen
Registered user
Posts: 14197
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:01 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby carcinogen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 am

kancutlawns wrote: for example because he/she likes the ambiances


Pizza Express is a corporate shithole with all the ambience of a gas chamber. What the fuck are you talking about?
“Sport is the big giveaway. Wherever sport plays a big part in people's lives you can be sure they're bored witless and just waiting to break up the furniture.”

― J.G. Ballard, Kingdom Come

User avatar
AlcoholBrazil
Registered user
Posts: 20740
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 am

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 am

Except the Pizza Express in Israel , eh Carc.
We live in a faux democracy and are nothing but cattle for the EU .

User avatar
shabbado
Registered user
Posts: 21248
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:42 pm
Location: Riding roughshod over Monkeh's predictor games

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby shabbado » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 am

How in fucks name does a pizza restaurant acquire £1bn in debt?

Is it is parent company who owe £1bn and some wank journalist has made the story about Pizza Express?
A joyless arsehole

kancutlawns
Posts: 40000
Posts: 66901
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby kancutlawns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 am

carcinogen wrote:
kancutlawns wrote: for example because he/she likes the ambiances


Pizza Express is a corporate shithole with all the ambience of a gas chamber. What the fuck are you talking about?

You really don't have the input and are not in a positin where you can comment on corporate strategy. You previously said the food is shit.

If you want to make any sort of point, you need to speak with some sense of purpose, authority and at least have a few brain cells. And also be sober. You're just an angry little man with not coherent point to make.

User avatar
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid
Posts: 50502
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: oN TOP

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:39 am

shabbado wrote:How in fucks name does a pizza restaurant acquire £1bn in debt?

Is it is parent company who owe £1bn and some wank journalist has made the story about Pizza Express?

I'm sure it's all just a big misunderstanding
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 25579
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby Zambo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 am

Owned by Hony Capital. Disgusting over-priced shite. Good riddance.
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

User avatar
Zippy
Registered user
Posts: 5935
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:30 am
Location: Greenwich

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby Zippy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:06 am

Not been to a Pizza Express in years. It was a banker on Orange Wednesdays during the student days for dates. Cheap as. :D
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

User avatar
Holden Mcgroyne
Registered user
Posts: 8901
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:13 pm

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby Holden Mcgroyne » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:41 am

shabbado wrote:How in fucks name does a pizza restaurant acquire £1bn in debt?

Is it is parent company who owe £1bn and some wank journalist has made the story about Pizza Express?



It will be the owners who loaded the debt they used to buy the business back onto the business, as per the Glazers at United.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

User avatar
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid
Posts: 50502
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: oN TOP

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby The Ghost of Alex Higgins » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am

Look down any high street and stare into the eyes of satan
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

User avatar
Sid Pervcat
Registered user
Posts: 30801
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:43 am
Location: In With The In Crowd

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby Sid Pervcat » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:56 am

carcinogen wrote: The shithole back-streets of Naples serve better pizza than this over-priced bullshit outlet. .


Would that be the Naples where "modern" Pizza was invented?
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

User avatar
theleader82
Registered user
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Re: Pizza Express next high-street casualty

Postby theleader82 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Places like papa johns and dominos are thriving . People prefer to eat and drink in the comfort of their homes . Another reason pubs struggles as the drink driving limit is so strict . Pizza express also own patisserie Valerie which has struggled as people adapt more healthy lifestyles . Tesco finest pizzas are just as nice and cheaper
I like chocolate on my biscuit


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests