Gilette.....the best an ad man can get?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Gilette.....the best an ad man can get?

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:Stealth banned apparently but then again not, perhaps.

Not is correct.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Man U and rangers

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Gillette... respects wamen. Fuck men.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

unfortunately the women in favour of this ad don't shave either.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:unfortunately the women in favour of this ad don't shave either.

Yeah. It doesn't make sense.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Certainly a lot of sensitive snowcucks getting their knickers in a twist over an advert in this thread.

Tind

Post by Tind »

I'm a woman and I don't like the advert. It's incredibly patronising towards men. I've not seen it on the telly other than when it's been criticised. Everyone should stop buying their products.

Peace and Love

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Just seen a video on YouTube that seems to indicate that a scene showing a black rapper slapping the arses of some booty girls was removed from the ad early doors with YouTube's connivance, why oh why might they have done that?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Here you go
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Tind wrote:I'm a woman and I don't like the advert. It's incredibly patronising towards men. I've not seen it on the telly other than when it's been criticised. Everyone should stop buying their products.

Peace and Love

I'm a man and I love it. I love how it riles up thickos/those who are extremely sensitive and triggered by their own lack of logic. It's brilliant seeing what the reaction has been, especially when it's come from those who often tell others to grow up, get thicker skin and get over things. Bravo to Gillette. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

(I haven't bought one of their products in at least 15 years.)

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Jon Gout wrote:
Tind wrote:I'm a woman and I don't like the advert. It's incredibly patronising towards men. I've not seen it on the telly other than when it's been criticised. Everyone should stop buying their products.

Peace and Love

I'm a man and I love it. I love how it riles up thickos/those who are extremely sensitive and triggered by their own lack of logic. It's brilliant seeing what the reaction has been, especially when it's come from those who often tell others to grow up, get thicker skin and get over things. Bravo to Gillette. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

(I haven't bought one of their products in at least 15 years.)

What exactly do you mean by give them a taste of their own medicine? Perhaps they could make another advert calling out the use of third world child labour, and animal testing, two things that Gillettes parent company, proctor and gamble are involved in.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Ah, the classic Daily Mail-style "But what about, but what about...?" What about anything? It's like when Iceland banned palm oil in their own products. Right wing thick people whinging on: "But what about the non-Iceland products you stock that contain palm oil? What about those? You hypocritical bastards, why ban one thing and not another?!" Yes, what about those? You have to start somewhere, so why not with the thing that is easiest and wouldn't result in a large and sudden detrimental impact on their business? Running such a big business is a balance between profits and ethics. Something is better than nothing, and something always comes before everything. Who knows what Gillette will do next. It'll no doubt be something, since they know their next move will be under even more scrutiny than usual. Perhaps it will be a ban on animal testing, who knows. It seems completely pointless to criticise them for trying to do one good thing just because they do several bad things though. That's like saying a man shouldn't donate £20 to a kid's charity just because he shagged his mate's wife. The kids who would benefit from that donation don't care, and I don't see why they should.

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Jon Gout wrote:Ah, the classic Daily Mail-style "But what about, but what about...?" What about anything? It's like when Iceland banned palm oil in their own products. Right wing thick people whinging on: "But what about the non-Iceland products you stock that contain palm oil? What about those? You hypocritical bastards, why ban one thing and not another?!" Yes, what about those? You have to start somewhere, so why not with the thing that is easiest and wouldn't result in a large and sudden detrimental impact on their business? Running such a big business is a balance between profits and ethics. Something is better than nothing, and something always comes before everything. Who knows what Gillette will do next. It'll no doubt be something, since they know their next move will be under even more scrutiny than usual. Perhaps it will be a ban on animal testing, who knows. It seems completely pointless to criticise them for trying to do one good thing just because they do several bad things though. That's like saying a man shouldn't donate £20 to a kid's charity just because he shagged his mate's wife. The kids who would benefit from that donation don't care, and I don't see why they should.

1. I'm certainly not right wing,
2. Iceland made an effort to sort something out, fair play to them.
3. Gillette are a fucking razor company, if they want to lecture people on morality they need to be squeeky clean.

It's almost like a really fat bloke starting a diet website, you shouldn't critisise him he's winding up the posters on the gaunt thread......

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

The advert was a response to the message the company has been promoting for decades though, isn't it? They're showing they're going against what they might have appeared to be going for before. It wouldn't make any sense for them to make an advert addressing every moral problem that exists. Getting worked up over it when you believe it isn't about you is like seeing an advert aimed at drivers about the dangers of drinking and driving and saying "Well I'm a driver and I don't drink and drive, wah wah wah!"

Their aim was to get people talking about them, and it worked. I don't even remember the last time I'd said the brand name before this. Probably in the early 00s.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Gillette have done a Ratners as far as I can see. There is no shortage of alternatives. But I'm a scruffy git who shaves every 3 days.
Good job stubble is in fashion. But a blade lasts me 6 months , not the 2 weeks they recommed a change.
As for electric toothbrush heads, that's another story.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.