The Independent Group

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4rkb

Re: The Independent Group

Post by m4rkb »

Actually some proper gypos rocked up in Redditch. Horse drawn caravans as well. Hard to fake that old lifestyle and surprisingly I wasn't that bothered as it looks very traditional and impressive. Didn't create a shit tip either.

A mate of mine has to clear the land of rubbish after they are evicted round here and they leave that much filth it needs a JCB to shift it.

The difference perhaps between an ancient lifestyle and a bunch of modern day lowlifes.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

^ I might have to back track on that hasty comment. I just tied to find a picture of said horse drawn caravans and was met with a field full of what I'd call tinkers with a few horsey caravans around the ring road courtesy of the Redditch Advertiser or whatever cheap rag provides the news there. So in that case I shall have to revert to a fuck them all off type of policy. :D

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Dare I point out that they convey drugs all over the place because the cops are frightened to pull them over ...... Or is that racist profiling?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Half the coppers are on them as well .

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

They may be now , but that was always alleged and it was utter bollocks at the time.
I had one serving officer who started spiffing up in my flat after I took him to a Regimental reunion in about 1979. I smacked him and kicked him out instead of arresting him, and he alleged assault against me. Went nowhere in those days, but that was honestly the only case I personally came across of a serving officer using drugs.
I was aware of a few others, but they'd get chucked straight out.
Of course , there are cases of corruption involving drugs, but that's another thing

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Not at you, Royals. But the great old days of pious Plod in the 1970s. You're having a laugh, he's having a laugh.

Won't reply as off for a few days. Have a good Christmas. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Royal24s wrote:They may be now , but that was always alleged and it was utter bollocks at the time.
I had one serving officer who started spiffing up in my flat after I took him to a Regimental reunion in about 1979. I smacked him and kicked him out instead of arresting him, and he alleged assault against me. Went nowhere in those days, but that was honestly the only case I personally came across of a serving officer using drugs.
Of course , there are cases of corruption involving drugs, but that's another thing

Well they wouldn't be flaunting it in front of people like you who heavily disapproved but suffice it to say times have changed.

There was more than the odd rumour abounding that roadside drug tests, and even job related drug tests would turn up a few too many from the professional fields.

I'll shut up now before I say something I shouldn't. :wink:

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:Not at you, Royals. But the great old days of pious Plod in the 1970s. You're having a laugh, he's having a laugh.

Won't reply as off for a few days. Have a good Christmas. :)

Ah well lots of stuff went on but taking drugs wasn’t it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4rkb wrote:
Royal24s wrote:They may be now , but that was always alleged and it was utter bollocks at the time.

Well they wouldn't be flaunting it in front of people like you who heavily disapproved but suffice it to say times have changed.

There was more than the odd rumour abounding that roadside drug tests, and even job related drug tests would turn up a few too many from the professional fields.

I'll shut up now before I say something I shouldn't. :wink:

I can believe it. Many unsuitable people are recruited these days and the falling standards have been a matter of concern to myself and others. Actually it’s been addressed to some extent and it’s slowly improving but it’s certainly a long way from generally satisfactory