Notre Dame

In-depth debate on all topical issues
paolo

Re: Notre Dame

Post by paolo »

875 French churches were vandalized in 2018.

The burning of Notre Dame, is exactly one month after the 15 March 2019 'Christchurch New Zealand mosque massacre'
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Jon Gout wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:So would I, to be honest, but it does, as I've said, baffle me that we're all allowed to speculate to our heart's content, as long as the speculation doesn't include certain (and often highly probable) causes.

It's obvious, isn't it? Certain speculations can fuel hostility towards others. Why incite people's already-existent anger towards others if there might be no reason to?

It is obvious, yes, - in that we are forced to avoid thinking certain thoughts, (which in turn most definitely must not be turned into words), despite the weight of evidence that leads to those thoughts.
I can think of a few adjectives to describe that process, can't you.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

On a positive note, it seems there are still craftsmen available to rebuild whatever is destroyed.
These guys helped restore York Minster.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/venableso ... 4113524614

One which took the biggest pounding must have been the magnificent St Martin's Cathedral in Ypres. Bombarded relentlessly - twice by the Germans.

Here it is today. There is hope

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Roy Twing wrote:It is obvious, yes, - in that we are forced to avoid thinking certain thoughts, (which in turn most definitely must not be turned into words), despite the weight of evidence that leads to those thoughts.
I can think of a few adjectives to describe that process, can't you.

Pointing to acts of vandalism on churches across France isn't evidence of the Notre Dame fire being an act of arson committed by an Islamic terrorist. It doesn't seem you understand what 'evidence' means. Those crimes won't be taken into account by the people investigating the cause of this fire. You'd make a terrible copper :lol:

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I think the Police also work with that other handy tool called suspicion before they often gather evidence.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

It's a good job they've got architects and the fire service investigating the cause too then, not just people suspecting "it's the Muzzers wot did it" before even stepping foot in the place.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Jon Gout wrote:It's a good job they've got architects and the fire service investigating the cause too then, not just people suspecting "it's the Muzzers wot did it" before even stepping foot in the place.

andy murray?

divide n conkers

mossad what did it

the jew pitching the slim against the crispy

who did the previous 875?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

birdie

Post by birdie »

At least it's got Brexit off the BBC news channel, they seem to be covering it to the exclusion of everything else.

Probably a good day to bury bad news.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Even RT not having the balls to link them :lol:

https://www.rt.com/news/456629-french-c ... s-attacks/

"Editor’s note: The initial version of this article contained information about vandalism in French churches. The author believed it necessary to include it to point out the troubles that have recently plagued the Catholic churches of France. The text stressed that vandalism had nothing to do with the fire at Notre Dame Cathedral. Upon review, we believe that although the article was factually correct, some readers may have found it insensitive. That was not what RT was aiming for. Like the rest of the world, we grieve for the partial loss of the architectural masterpiece that is Notre Dame."

birdie

Post by birdie »

It's interesting to compare the response of the French with regard to the appeal for funds to restore it (400 million euros donated in just a few hours) to the respons for funds to restore Winsor Castle after the blaze there, £30,000 after months, many people voicing their objection to public money being spent when their own belts where tightening, which prompted Her Maj to open Buck House to raise the funds.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

I'm pretty sure it would have made more than £30,000 if it hadn't happened over 25 years ago.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4rkb wrote:I think the Police also work with that other handy tool called suspicion before they often gather evidence.

Having perhaps more experience in police work than some here, I'd be dissapointed in any officer who didn't investigate the possibility that an incident was connected to a series of similar incidents. Obviously , as you say, evidence is the RESULT of an investigation rather than a requirement to start one.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

The French police should get alibis for every Muslim in Paris before even digging around in the ashes.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Jon Gout wrote:The French police should get alibis for every Muslim in Paris before even digging around in the ashes.

No they shouldn't.

What should be done is a real world realisation that some of them want the west destroyed and are unhealthy to have around in a secular democracy. No one other than you and those members of the hard left who share a will to destroy are implicating ALL muslims.

The good ones will be absolutely horrified at the thought of any house of God being vandalised attacked or anything else - as are proper Christians if a mosque is attacked.

But here's someone who gets the relationship between the hard left and radical Islam.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

edit
Last edited by Two Crows on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dieu Le Roi.