Notre Dame

In-depth debate on all topical issues
beingsoblase

Re: Notre Dame

Post by beingsoblase »

So how did those Muslim arsonist terrorists manage to build that massive scaffolding?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

"IT SHALL BE RESTORED" 8)

As long as one stone from the original construction remains it will always be Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris. What's lost is lost, so let's move on and build upon the injury a magnificent restoration that can only add to the rich history of this beautiful Church.
Dieu Le Roi.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Jon Gout wrote:It's a good job they've got architects and the fire service investigating the cause too then, not just people suspecting "it's the Muzzers wot did it" before even stepping foot in the place.

So you're ok with being told what you can think and what you can't - fair enough, - I will simply beg to differ.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4rkb wrote:
Jon Gout wrote:The French police should get alibis for every Muslim in Paris before even digging around in the ashes.

No they shouldn't.

What should be done is a real world realisation that some of them want the west destroyed and are unhealthy to have around in a secular democracy. No one other than you and those members of the hard left who share a will to destroy are implicating ALL muslims.

The good ones will be absolutely horrified at the thought of any house of God being vandalised attacked or anything else - as are proper Christians if a mosque is attacked.

But here's someone who gets the relationship between the hard left and radical Islam.

I don't think anything you said about the recent arsons suggests that you'd be trying to pin it on anyone, getting alibis from people or otherwise excluding any possibility.
Conversely , it is most peculiar to start defending people before anyone has accused them of anything. That would seem to me much more of an indication of a closed mind.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

beingsoblase wrote:So how did those Muslim arsonist terrorists manage to build that massive scaffolding?

Obviously, an Islamist scheme to convert the place into a Mosque, they were slowing turning the towers into minarets. No one said anything because they are too scared to criticise Muslims.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Church catches fire, it is a Muslim problem.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Royal24s wrote: Conversely , it is most peculiar to start defending people before anyone has accused them of anything. That would seem to me much more of an indication of a closed mind.

Several people accused them in this thread and suggested links between this and other crimes.

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

Roy Twing wrote:So you're ok with being told what you can think and what you can't - fair enough, - I will simply beg to differ.

I'm okay with thinking what I'm told to think in a case where the only available alternative is to believe my own paranoid hate-filled fantasies, yes.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Obviously slack work by the authorities and Paris fire service.
One man had the answer: on Twitter : "So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!"
The fact that “A Canadair projects about 6 tonnes of water at high speed to the ground" never occurred to him.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Jon Gout wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:So you're ok with being told what you can think and what you can't - fair enough, - I will simply beg to differ.

I'm okay with thinking what I'm told to think in a case where the only available alternative is to believe my own paranoid hate-filled fantasies, yes.

To be fair when I saw the story I immediately blamed those people who stand in the middle of doorways when you try to get off a train ... cunts.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Jon Gout wrote:

There we go - knew you'd get there in the end.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I assume Parliament will now push ahead with the refurbishment of the Palace of Westminster before that burns down as well. Est. cost £4bn.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Money well spent. All it needs are some better people to fill it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Vespa wrote:I assume Parliament will now push ahead with the refurbishment of the Palace of Westminster before that burns down as well. Est. cost £4bn.

I think they've tainted that place so much in recent times that they should sell it for development and relocate in a new building with new members.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Vespa wrote:
beingsoblase wrote:So how did those Muslim arsonist terrorists manage to build that massive scaffolding?

Obviously, an Islamist scheme to convert the place into a Mosque, they were slowing turning the towers into minarets. No one said anything because they are too scared to criticise Muslims.

No one has suggested that it's Moslems. The FACT that there have been arsons in French Churches was quite reasonably brought into the conversation .

The most inflammatory talk I'm hearing here is from those who feel they have some strange duty to protect Moslems, who I think can speak for themselves without the unsolicited representation of Islington trendies.

Personally I'd have other suspects in mind than Islamic terrorists, but I'm not inclined to believe that it was an accident , particularly in light of the way in which the cause has been avoided.
In general , they'd make an initial statement about what appeared to have caused the fire such as stored paint or timber catching, but if there's no obvious cause then we must consider other possibilities.