Jeremy kyle

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
User avatar
theleader82
Registered user
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Jeremy kyle

Postby theleader82 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am

The show has been pulled off air after a show participant killed himself after filming. Is it time it was pulled off for good? It exploits the working classes for cheap entertainment . It does show the real uk though which a lot of middle class bbc productions ignore
I like chocolate on my biscuit

VeritasVincit
Registered user
Posts: 1578
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:40 am

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby VeritasVincit » Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 pm

The judge in 2007 had it right; "a human form of bear-baiting."

User avatar
beingsoblase
Registered user
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:03 am

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby beingsoblase » Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 pm

If the Jeremy Kyle show is pulled off air for good, it will simply be replaced by another identical show fronted by someone else.
After all wasn't Kyle a replacement for the Trisha show, and carried on with the same shit?
Winter is here.
The north remembers. Wun too nyn

User avatar
subsub
Registered user
Posts: 20146
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:02 am
Location: Herts

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby subsub » Tue May 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Makes me wonder the kind of checks they do beforehand.
This chap who killed himself must have been mentally unstable – surprised it hasn't happened before now, if I'm honest.

Horrible programme, anyway.
At least Jerry Springer had an air of panto about it – our version is just venomous.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

User avatar
Carlos J
Forum Admin
Posts: 31393
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:32 am
Location: Searching for Celia.

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby Carlos J » Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 pm

beingsoblase wrote:If the Jeremy Kyle show is pulled off air for good, it will simply be replaced by another identical show fronted by someone else.
After all wasn't Kyle a replacement for the Trisha show, and carried on with the same shit?

Dear old Trisha, filmed at Epic Studios in Norwich.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

User avatar
AlcoholBrazil
Registered user
Posts: 21672
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 am

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 pm

theleader82 wrote: It exploits the working classes for cheap entertainment .


I thought that was the purpose of The Conservative Party.
Just walked down to the petrol station and bought a pack of tungsten-tipped screws ...never gonna use them...............never gonna use them !

User avatar
Hillman avenger
Registered user
Posts: 12453
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: north and south

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby Hillman avenger » Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

What I don't understand is the lie detector.
I am guessing that this guy claimed he had been faithful and the detector said he lied.
What doesn't seem to be clear to people is that although they maybe make dramatic TV, lie detectors are not 100% or even close to it, reliable.
That's why most legal systems exclude their use.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

User avatar
delboy1983
Registered user
Posts: 36028
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby delboy1983 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Ghastly programme and presenter.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 26959
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby Zambo » Tue May 14, 2019 5:41 pm

A rude and condescending bully. Surprised that none of his guests have stabbed him by now.
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

JW90
Registered user
Posts: 6147
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby JW90 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Cannot stand the show or it's bully boy presenter. I remember seeing a clip where a guest said he'd be nothing without his security guard- absolutely spot on.

The DNA Testing on national television is a disgrace. These are human beings and their lives could be changed forever and it is treated like a competition with "suspense" and "intrigue".

Time to bin it to history.

User avatar
ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Royal Deeside
Contact:

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby ToRmAtO » Tue May 14, 2019 6:16 pm

I have never seen or ever wanted to watch this show.

However, if every time anyone appeared in a bad light on a TV show and then topped themselves allegedly because of it and then the TV show had to be cancelled because of it, there would be next to nothing left on the telly to watch.

Some people want this TV show cancelled because it's possibly crap, and nothing more. It is no different to any TV reporter asking any person in public live to the nation why they lied etc.

User avatar
Royal24s
Registered user
Posts: 7878
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 am

Jeremy Kyle

Postby Royal24s » Tue May 14, 2019 6:41 pm

I shan't say much , cause I'm sure everyone will have strong views without any button pressing, but what do you think ?
Personally I think it's a disgusting show presented by a disgusting individual to make money out of the misfortunes of unfortunate people. I've always thought that and I for one will be glad to see the back of it !
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

User avatar
Zambo
Registered user
Posts: 26959
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:18 am

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby Zambo » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm

ToRmAtO wrote:I have never seen or ever wanted to watch this show.

However, if every time anyone appeared in a bad light on a TV show and then topped themselves allegedly because of it and then the TV show had to be cancelled because of it, there would be next to nothing left on the telly to watch.

Some people want this TV show cancelled because it's possibly crap, and nothing more. It is no different to any TV reporter asking any person in public live to the nation why they lied etc.

We are not just talking about people being shown in a bad light. We are talking about people being wound up, baited, and ranted at by Kyle. Moreover, being encouraged to confront, to rant at others on the show to the point of phsical violence, when that a big fat bouncer pops up at the last minute to separate them, all in the name of good tv.

It needs binning before there is any more suicides, but why do we always have to wait for a tragedy before action is taken.
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

User avatar
m4rkb
Registered user
Posts: 20695
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 pm
Location: Ape City

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby m4rkb » Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Zambo wrote:
ToRmAtO wrote:I have never seen or ever wanted to watch this show.

However, if every time anyone appeared in a bad light on a TV show and then topped themselves allegedly because of it and then the TV show had to be cancelled because of it, there would be next to nothing left on the telly to watch.

Some people want this TV show cancelled because it's possibly crap, and nothing more. It is no different to any TV reporter asking any person in public live to the nation why they lied etc.

We are not just talking about people being shown in a bad light. We are talking about people being wound up, baited, and ranted at by Kyle. Moreover, being encouraged to confront, to rant at others on the show to the point of phsical violence, when that a big fat bouncer pops up at the last minute to separate them, all in the name of good tv.

It needs binning before there is any more suicides, but why do we always have to wait for a tragedy before action is taken.


Couldn't agree more.

The big piss off for me is Kyle acting the great hard man winding people up as you say but totally relying on those burly bouncers to stop someone smashing him in the face.

Quite frankly the show should be pulled and the last episode should see Jezza getting beaten to a pulp crying for help while everyone just stands and watches.

User avatar
black_guardian
Registered user
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:30 pm

Re: Jeremy kyle

Postby black_guardian » Tue May 14, 2019 7:09 pm

This should be a watershed moment for reality TV.

We've been saturated for the last 20 years with this as an entertainment category and only now are people realising there is a human cost.

ITV is getting a reputation as a contestant killer..Kyle plus Love Island suicides. Strictly has broken up more marriages than Ashley Maddison...

TV execs need to wake up and think of something different.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests