Cricket World Cup

Anything sportlike
Jonathan

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by Jonathan »

Carlos J wrote:
Lou Grant wrote:Why the fuck should the Indian fans be supporting England? If I travel from England to watch a world cup in India would you expect me to support India? I have an Indian friend who has travelled here to be at The Oval today, obviously he will be supporting India both in this match and in the tournament.

Bit of a wasted journey, should have gone to Old Trafford instead

Oops :mrgreen:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol:

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

kancutlawns wrote:Can we get back on topic instead of you foisting your support for the women’s World Cup onto us?

How can I support something I've not watched? I made one post laughing at all the people getting worked up over an event no one is forcing them to watch, that is all. I have literally no opinion on the event itself.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Carlos J wrote:In response to Lou's post about lack of posts about the World Cup. Don't have Sky, have listened to a few games and only watched highlights of a few games late on C4. Shame for kids who like cricket and the free to air debate has been all over meeja. Yeah, they can watch the next day, but probably wont bother knowing the result.

The ECB don't think kids (& women :roll: ) have the attention span to watch T20 cricket - hence the Hundred coming to terrestrial TV next year. So it's hardly a surprise they are more interested in money than in getting this 50 over tournament onto mainstream TV.

Btw, all the matches can be watched live for free on various betting sites ... Bet365, Betfair etc. No need to fund the Murdoch empire.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Probably the kiss of death, but Pooran batting at the moment for the Windies against the Bangles is a joy to watch with the bat.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Carlos J wrote:Bit of a wasted journey, should have gone to Old Trafford instead

Yeah, was thinking of the previous days game which was at the oval.

So what we learnt from Old Trafford on Sunday is that Kohli at the wheel => Ole at the wheel.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Lou Grant wrote:Probably the kiss of death, but Pooran batting at the moment for the Windies against the Bangles is a joy to watch with the bat.

Skied one to a boundary fielder shortly after. :(

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Lou Grant wrote:
Carlos J wrote:In response to Lou's post about lack of posts about the World Cup. Don't have Sky, have listened to a few games and only watched highlights of a few games late on C4. Shame for kids who like cricket and the free to air debate has been all over meeja. Yeah, they can watch the next day, but probably wont bother knowing the result.

The ECB don't think kids (& women :roll: ) have the attention span to watch T20 cricket - hence the Hundred coming to terrestrial TV next year. So it's hardly a surprise they are more interested in money than in getting this 50 over tournament onto mainstream TV.

Btw, all the matches can be watched live for free on various betting sites ... Bet365, Betfair etc. No need to fund the Murdoch empire.

The format was built around the BBC wanting games finished by 9pm and it not taking up more than 2 and a half hours from start to finish.Remember that next time you hear Agnew bleating on and whining like the bitter old sod he is.
There's no poem, just prose.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lou Grant wrote:

You're suggesting that kids and women who want to watch free cricket should do that through the betting sites which do sod in curbing the gambling addiction that's led to several instances of gambling debt and subsequent suicides?

Better to pay Sky instead of giving money to those unscrupulous turds.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

No - I'm saying the ECB don't appear to think kids will watch 50 over cricket anyway.

The information about watching the games for free was for Carlos.

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Nice cameo from 'nicest man in cricket' Jason Holder, but the Windies have fallen away a bit at the end of their innings. Still expect them to win.

Got to love the energy of the Bangles supporters.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Lou Grant wrote:No - I'm saying the ECB don't appear to think kids will watch 50 over cricket anyway.

The information about watching the games for free was for Carlos.

Cheers for that, Lou. Do you need an account to watch? Got a VCBet account.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Yeah, you need an account with money in. But you can just lob a tenner in and take it out after the tournament. Not sure if Vic do live pictures. I use Bet365 and use the magnifier tool in Windows to get full screen on my laptop. Better quality image than on illegal streams and without the added virus Russian roulette.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Cheers.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Bangles have just dismantled the Windies bowling. Fair play, didn't see that coming. Crowd in raptures.