Re: Bird’s World Cup, Euros & WSL

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Re: Bird’s World Cup & Euros

Post by Carlos J »

Shedboy wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:15 pm
Carlos J wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:23 pm And why aren't Austria in red?
Wrong time of the month?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

Lots of kids in the crowd by the sounds of things CJ?

Yeah, when they get back to it average WSL attendance will still be 2K.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

It doesn't really add to the credibility of the women's game when you look at what Gabby and Alex Scott had on. I thought I'd tuned in a 90s throwback editions of The Clothes Show.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

I'm off to the Brentford Community Stadium tomorrow, for Germany v Denmark. Part of it is to see the new Brentford stadium, can't get tickets usually. Taking my 14 year old daughter, she's only been into football since last years Euros, every game she goes to she loves, mens, or female, international or club games every one is an experience for her. Whats not to love when the tickets are a tenner for me and a fiver for her???

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Enjoy, cc.
antdad wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:36 am Lots of kids in the crowd by the sounds of things CJ?

Yeah, when they get back to it average WSL attendance will still be 2K.
Yep, which is good, but screechy atmosphere.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Not the best footballing wise. But a hell of a lot better to look at than the blokes.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

The secret I found to watching the last WWC in 2019 was just watch the England games as at least you have the 'getting behind England' thing as an interest. It is a completely different sports to the men's game and shouldn't be compared with it, you're never going to get a PL City Vs Liverpool game when watching a women's game.

henrycrs

Re: Bird’s World Cup & Euros

Post by henrycrs »

They wouldn’t beat a mens semi pro team. However much it’s rammed down our throats, the fact is the standard is crap.

They fill stadiums with free/cheap tickets for kids.

antdad

Post by antdad »

I bet the French & Italian sides were disappointed to find the "New York" Stadium was in Rotherham.

How was it CC?

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

I go to a lot of Womens games with my daughter, as well as Men's games and at 13/14 even she knows they are totally different versions of football. The size, speed and skill of the man's game is vastly superior, but that doesn't make the Women's game unentertaining. There are major differences, the most noticeable the quality of Keepers, but I yet to see a 6ft 6in Female keeper. My daughter loves her football, be it the bear pit of a Premier game at the Bridge with all the BANTZ from the mainly hairy arsed crowd, or the more genteel family orientated Women's game.

We should approve of both and not knock the Women's game

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

WHEN is the trans world Cup EH?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

antdad wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:40 pm I bet the French & Italian sides were disappointed to find the "New York" Stadium was in Rotherham.

How was it CC?
Ant,
it was great evening, even if a 4-0 win for Germany that could have been more wasn't exactly the result we wanted.
We live in Brentford and had been unable to get tickets for the new stadium, so this was an ideal opportunity. The stadium obviously new, and compact with 17,000+ seats was excellent, we've been to Griffin Park a lot but you can see the energy the Brentford fans can generate at this stadium. Access and exit from the stadium can't be faulted but it is only 17,000.
The Danish fans were immense the nicest bunch of football fans I've ever met, the Germans a bit more dour and stuffy.

The main result my daughter loved it and want's to go to the quarter final at Brentford if we can get tickets.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Glad to hear it, went to the old Griffin Park loads as I had an old mate that was a supporter but that was when they were in the old div 2. The new stadium looks impressive, how things change.

The women's game is always going to get knocked as long as there is a constant clamour about reaching some sort of parity with the men's game. They are not and never likely to be equal but that doesn't mean it isn't a valid sport and worth watching but until they are treated seperately rather than equals comparisons and therefore criticism are always likely to follow.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

About parity I totally agree with you, and it should never happen, just the amount through the turnstiles for both versions of the game explains all.

I'm led to believe the best paid Chelsea Women's player, is on around £250,000 a year, which is no way close to the men's but not a bad salary to kick a ball around and be watched by 3/4,000 every week.

subsub

Post by subsub »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:40 pm I go to a lot of Womens games with my daughter, as well as Men's games and at 13/14 even she knows they are totally different versions of football. The size, speed and skill of the man's game is vastly superior, but that doesn't make the Women's game unentertaining. There are major differences, the most noticeable the quality of Keepers, but I yet to see a 6ft 6in Female keeper. My daughter loves her football, be it the bear pit of a Premier game at the Bridge with all the BANTZ from the mainly hairy arsed crowd, or the more genteel family orientated Women's game.

We should approve of both and not knock the Women's game
Excellent post, Mr C, I totally agree :)
WOKE AND PROUD