Post by delboy1983 »

She was a carer I believe !!!
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Re: State Broadcaster calls for Acid attacks on political opponents

Post by kancutlawns »

delboy1983 wrote:She was a carer I believe !!!

Why should that matter :?:

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

kancutlawns wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:Did all the people complaining about a badly judged joke get equally upset when Nigel Farage talked about "picking up a rifle" if he didn’t get his way on Brexit?

No cause that wasn't a joke

Jokes or what people call a joke is a matter of personal interpretation though, would you not agree?

Yeah I would actually Lawnsy. I wouldn't obfuscate in response to a question from you, so I must say that in a perfect world I would protect free speech absolutely , so even this wicked old cow would be entitled to spit her bile freely .

Thing is though that they've taken everyone else's free speech away so their own word censorship has got to apply to them as well.

They don't get to shout Jim Davison down then say much worse stuff themselves and call it humour - they banned comedy so either everyone gets to speak freely on stage or no one does .
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

birdie

Post by birdie »

Mental health nurse apparently.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

kancutlawns wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Ralph wrote:Did all the people complaining about a badly judged joke get equally upset when Nigel Farage talked about "picking up a rifle" if he didn’t get his way on Brexit?

And did he protest when female MPs were tweeted that they should be raped? Nige getting upset so he could make it all about him? Surely not.

There’s no such thing as negative publicity.

Tell that last bit to Michael Barrymore

What's he got to do with it? Completely different circumstances.

Nothing Lawnsy - it was a joke - in fact it's stolen from a one liner " they say there's no such thing as bad publicity, but try and tell that to Michael Barrymore "

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I think that freedom of speech on both sides has been taken way of the past few years, sadly Royals. People tweet or go onto social media to complain about anything they don't like, they are incapable of going to the ballot box so launch campaigns to get people sacked from their jobs, prosecuted and have their livelihoods damaged. You grew up in a generation where people had a tougher hide and could edgy comments, I remember the tail end of that generation of humour and just despair at things nowadays, I really do and I know you do too.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Royal24s wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

And did he protest when female MPs were tweeted that they should be raped? Nige getting upset so he could make it all about him? Surely not.

There’s no such thing as negative publicity.

Tell that last bit to Michael Barrymore

What's he got to do with it? Completely different circumstances.

Nothing Lawnsy - it was a joke - in fact it's stolen from a one liner " they say there's no such thing as bad publicity, but try and tell that to Michael Barrymore "

Fair enough. The Barrymore incident was quite an interesting one.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:

Doesn't seem to fit her personality .
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

kancutlawns wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:It's interesting how grown adults cannot grasp the difference between a broadcaster saying something and a person appearing on that broadcaster saying something.

It would be interesting to apply that "thinking" to Trump and Fox, wouldn't it?

It's a disgraceful thing to say and I imagine they will drop her.

They have already backed the stupid old sow, but I guess they might cave when they realise what another fuck up they have made.

Zummers, can you put on the BBC related stuff into a single thread please? It's shitting out D&D old friend.

No please don't do that. Half of human conversation already gets sucked into BREXIT part 200
or trump part 754 . We'll end up with three perpetual threads in which completely separate subjects are lumped together and lost.
Personally I think this thing of joining everything which touches on a subject which goes across various un connected news stories and subjects is harmful to people joining when they visit the site.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Hillman avenger wrote:It's interesting how grown adults cannot grasp the difference between a broadcaster saying something and a person appearing on that broadcaster saying something.

It would be interesting to apply that "thinking" to Trump and Fox, wouldn't it?

It's a disgraceful thing to say and I imagine they will drop her.

"Grown adults" do grasp it actually. Was that a rhetorical question or after all this time, are you actually seeking an answer?

Can you you not see that political opinion is extremely polarised these days and there are either a group of people (of which you are of) that absolutely trust the establishment be it political, military, judicial or in the media and the other side which discredits anything said by the mainstream press, academia, politics, etc? What about the rump that's somewhere in between of which I am one? I don't follow Trump, Farage, BJ who laugh in the face of the establishment and nor do I support the likes of Blair, Hillary, Macron, etc?
Last edited by kancutlawns on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

birdie

Post by birdie »

delboy1983 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

From what I've seen of her 'personality' is sadly lacking.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

birdie wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

From what I've seen of her 'personality' is sadly lacking.

Why? You're questioning her personality because you don't like a joke she made? Says far more about you than it does her.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Listening to the 5Dead 9.00 phone in. Left it on beyond the 10.00 news and the ghastly Emma Barnett was on. Actually decided to switch onto JOB as he is far better than that shit. I need a lie down.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Brand made a career out of being a minging whining obese ugly unfunny smoker

But I do support her freedom of speech

What I don’t like is the one rule for one, one rule for the other that the leftists trot out and enforce
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Jon Gout

Post by Jon Gout »

kancutlawns wrote:You grew up in a generation where people had a tougher hide and could edgy comments, I remember the tail end of that generation of humour and just despair at things nowadays, I really do and I know you do too.

Back in the old days you couldn't anonymously and relentlessly send rape and death threats directly into the pockets of politicians or anyone who you happened to disagree with, wannabe politicians couldn't instantly directly address millions of people with a threat to pick up a rifle if things didn't go their way, and people who were the butt of most of the jokes didn't have an outlet for their opinions on it so people thought it was all fine, those are other differences. Things people said and did never really mattered because those things couldn't be dragged up to be pored over a decade later. I don't know if it's anything to do with a "tougher hide". People weren't willingly exposed to those with opposing views to them all day long, they'd just chat to their families or people down the pub in person who were likely mostly in agreement about everything anyway. If Twitter had been about fifty years ago I think you probably would have found some very weak hides indeed.