The Championship 2019/2020

Anything sportlike
kancutlawns

Re: The Championship 2019/2020

Post by kancutlawns »

Northern Troglodite wrote:
Zippy wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Zippy wrote:A good striker and we win that. It's easy to mock/dislike Bamford but he's struggling and shouldn't be shouldering it all alone.

If Leeds want to make a statement and behave like a big club, they'll go out and get either Che Adams or Jarod Bowen.

That said, the QPR goal was an absolute disgrace. Tinpot club too.

Leeds taking the piss with Hull for Bowen. £3m now and a further £15m should you get promoted. The asking £20m from Newcastle and Villa. You’re not getting him on the cheap plus he’s a Villa fan. Seeing how that plonker Dean Smith passed off the opportunity to get Maupay over the Summer, he’ll very possibly fuck up getting him too.

Hull won't get £20m for Bowen and they know it. He's out of contract in 18 months too and they won't get playoffs this season. The Leeds deal actually isn't a bad one for them really.

Its fleecing them as a deal when championship players are moving for 10 -12 M ish regardless of having 18 months to go , you Paid 8 -10 for Bamford so why should they be grateful for £3m ...what is the add on if NOT promoted?........zero?

Bad form to call clubs tinpot too !!!.....what makes a tinpot club out of curiosity?

We found on getting promoted that it was nigh on impossible to afford let alone persuade any players approaching the end of their contracts. Some were on six figure weekly salaries. Clubs in the Championship were asking north of twenty million for players like Phillips, Bowen and Lolley.

There was a risk attached to the likes of Shane Long and Charlie Austin with their injury records. So really then having to rely on getting it right with players from lesser leagues like Belgium hoping we get it right as we tried with Wesley. He has been atrocious for much of the season but is now injured.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote:
Zippy wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Zippy wrote:A good striker and we win that. It's easy to mock/dislike Bamford but he's struggling and shouldn't be shouldering it all alone.

If Leeds want to make a statement and behave like a big club, they'll go out and get either Che Adams or Jarod Bowen.

That said, the QPR goal was an absolute disgrace. Tinpot club too.

Leeds taking the piss with Hull for Bowen. £3m now and a further £15m should you get promoted. The asking £20m from Newcastle and Villa. You’re not getting him on the cheap plus he’s a Villa fan. Seeing how that plonker Dean Smith passed off the opportunity to get Maupay over the Summer, he’ll very possibly fuck up getting him too.

Hull won't get £20m for Bowen and they know it. He's out of contract in 18 months too and they won't get playoffs this season. The Leeds deal actually isn't a bad one for them really.

Its fleecing them as a deal when championship players are moving for 10 -12 M ish regardless of having 18 months to go , you Paid 8 -10 for Bamford so why should they be grateful for £3m ...what is the add on if NOT promoted?........zero?

Bad form to call clubs tinpot too !!!.....what makes a tinpot club out of curiosity?

If we don't go up, Bowen goes back and can be sold for £10-15m. £3m is merely the loan fee from now until May. TBH, it doesn't really matter anyway as he'll more than likely go to the Prem - just not for £20m. He's available for around £12m and I know that through a first hand source.

No real problem with QPR - was just cranky as I'm 6'3 and I could barely fit in their seat earlier! But an instant sign of tinpottery is goal music, for the record :D
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Why has Bielsa sticking with that overrated twat Bamford and not playing Nketiah instead who gave Leeds pace? It’ll be his downfall. Nketiah‘s back at Arsenal now.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kancutlawns wrote:Why has Bielsa sticking with that overrated twat Bamford and not playing Nketiah instead who gave Leeds pace? It’ll be his downfall. Nketiah‘s back at Arsenal now.

Nketiah didn't fit the system. He couldn't lead the line. Talented player but better as an impact sub.

I'm not Bamford's biggest fan but it's not all his fault - the club should have 1-2 more stiker options, especially considering Nketiah has left. Also, Bamford isn't really an out and out striker. I've said all season, if we had a ruthless finisher we'd be a few points clear at the top. We create the most chances in the league but are something like 17th for shots to conversion rate. Shockingly bad and identical to last season.

Ideally, I'd try and get two of Che Adams, Billy Sharp and Jarrod Bowen. Leeds need to freshen things up and make a statement. We left it far too late with Daniel James last year and I felt that cost us massively.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

Listen, I'm all in favour of throwing the odd game to keep things interesting and give the also-rans and their hoy-polloi supporters something to cling onto. But to deliberately lose at home to Stoke is taking credibility a little too far.

Still top of the tree mind. :drinkers:
Dieu Le Roi.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Whisper is Assambalonga to leeds .....with a loan fee up front & REAL money if promoted ............surely not Zippy?
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote:Whisper is Assambalonga to leeds .....with a loan fee up front & REAL money if promoted ............surely not Zippy?

That'd be classic Orta. He claims to be among the most connected men in football yet resorts to going back to Boro for players :lol:

Isn't Assambalonga a bit injury prone? As a goalscorer, he's a better finisher than Bamford and would get a hatful in this team if he stays fit.

Andre Gray also being linked.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

I'm watching Charlton v Fulham at the moment.
By God, it's so mind numbingly boring. I don't know if I can stand another 45 minutes of it.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

I see it ended 0-0, thereby vindicating my decision to watch today's recording of Politics Live instead.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

An absolutely insane signing for the Championship if this comes off.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zippy wrote:

An absolutely insane signing for the Championship if this comes off.

Good acquisition.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Zippy wrote:
Northern Troglodite wrote:Whisper is Assambalonga to leeds .....with a loan fee up front & REAL money if promoted ............surely not Zippy?

That'd be classic Orta. He claims to be among the most connected men in football yet resorts to going back to Boro for players :lol:

Isn't Assambalonga a bit injury prone? As a goalscorer, he's a better finisher than Bamford and would get a hatful in this team if he stays fit.

Andre Gray also being linked.

Eventually the newspapers catch up ........or nick stuff from forum's :D . For what its worth i think he will give leeds the direct option , he is better when he does not have to think about a finish ....but Leeds don't play direct !!!
He is on big wages & has to go ....but won't be sold so cheap as 3M. Can be a lazy sod , maybe he just needs a change ?
Seems strange how Leeds may end up with 2 that we had at Boro .......who never played well together really & failed to deliver ....we shall see, trouble at Boro was we never played to his strengths properly , averages 1 in 3 in a side that barely attacked under Pulis
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Hopefully gets us the goals we need.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

That table is looking very tight. Wigan at the weekend followed by Forest and Brentford. Massive 10 days.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Scott Hogan Villa (on loan at Stoke) to Blues for the rest of the season. Shone at Brentford, but hasn't really done much since. Desperate for a striker though so fingers crossed.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On