The Championship 2019/2020

Anything sportlike
Zippy

Re: The Championship 2019/2020

Post by Zippy »

Devondevon wrote:
JW90 wrote:Scott Parker already my manager of the season.

Even if he finishes bottom.

Got them playing like Barcelona of ten years ago

Fulham had 84.5% possession against Milwall

The thing I noticed was Denis Odoi wasn't playing. I haven't seen a more appalling defender in the last 20 years or so in the premiership than him. Charges around the pitch like a pissed up donkey on roller skates

I wasn’t a Bamford fan but so far he’s been excellent this season. He looks a different player: stronger and better movement. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt due to him having two very bad injuries in quick succession. I don’t think he was ever truly fit last season.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

kancutlawns wrote:
Devondevon wrote:
Zippy wrote:Eddie Nketiah is absolutely quality. Leeds fully deserved the win tonight.

Must say I don't know anything about Eddie Nketiah.

I hope Leeds go up automatically

What do you think of Bamford?

He’s a cheat and a mediocre journeyman. Need to get promotion this season otherwise Phillips will probably be off and Bielsa will join him. This is their big chance.

I don’t think Grealish has left Phillips’ pocket from last season tbf.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Bamford will be ok .......as long as it does not get tough again. He hides when it does as Dyche Pulis pardew & Karanka found amongst others ........but he will NEVER be PL standard, Champo is his level....but only in teams playing well !!!
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

We need VAR in the Championship and we need it now.

Shocking display of officiating at the Baseball Ground yesterday. Three penalties given during the 1-1 draw between Derby and West Brom - one of which was missed. All three penalties decisions would have been laughed at by VAR official's. Albion manager Slaven Bilic was send off after receiving two yellow cards, but who can blame him after witnessing which at best could be called incompetence. Frustration got the better of him as his patience ran thin.

Without VAR there will always be the temptation for a referee to be 'got at' by a crooked club, remembering back to Albion's play-off defeat at Villa Park last May. Shocking stuff.
Dieu Le Roi.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Northern Troglodite wrote:Bamford will be ok .......as long as it does not get tough again. He hides when it does as Dyche Pulis pardew & Karanka found amongst others ........but he will NEVER be PL standard, Champo is his level....but only in teams playing well !!!

It’s definitely always been a mental thing with Bamford. There’s some right old crap playing in the premier league and I don’t think he’s any worse ability wise.
I personally don’t think he’s got the mentality to go to the top but happy to be proved wrong. Bielsa could yet make ale something of him.

Nketiah does look a talent though.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Two Crows wrote:

Shocking display of officiating at the Baseball Ground yesterday.

:D Live on ITV Central with Alan Parry and Jimmy Greaves commentating.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Fulham, Leeds and the Wigsters to go up.

Two out of three aint (looking) bad at all.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Northern Troglodite

Zippy wrote:
Northern Troglodite wrote:Bamford will be ok .......as long as it does not get tough again. He hides when it does as Dyche Pulis pardew & Karanka found amongst others ........but he will NEVER be PL standard, Champo is his level....but only in teams playing well !!!

It’s definitely always been a mental thing with Bamford. There’s some right old crap playing in the premier league and I don’t think he’s any worse ability wise.
I personally don’t think he’s got the mentality to go to the top but happy to be proved wrong. Bielsa could yet make ale something of him.

Nketiah does look a talent though.

Watched Mr B for a few years at Boro, agree he has ability.. but the heart & balls when its tough are his problem, if Lids rely on him as their main forward, its a gamble, he gets injured every year .....he might not if they are winning every week though :) , which sums the guy up

Reg

Post by Reg »

I think he’s the worst player I’ve ever seen play for Palace.

Worse even than Mick Hill.

And he’s in love with himself and acts like a tool.
Roy IN!!

Northern Troglodite

Reg wrote:

Exactly my point Reg , anyone who has had Bamford at their club see's it ....mind you some at Boro worship the fucker & ignore ....he could of stayed!!!!......but chose to leave

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

He has flaws but if Bielsa rates him considering some of the strikers he's managed in his career then that's good enough for me.

I'll probably change my tune when he misses a few sitters and we fuck up our automatic promotion hopes :D
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Reg

Post by Reg »

Northern Troglodite wrote:
Reg wrote:

Exactly my point Reg , anyone who has had Bamford at their club see's it ....mind you some at Boro worship the fucker & ignore ....he could of stayed!!!!......but chose to leave

He said some very contemptuous things about Palace while still on loan with us, and shortly after his loan spell ended, he played against us at Selhurst (I forget who he was playing for).

I was fully expecting the curse of the ex-player to strike, and for him to get a hat-trick.

He got a very hostile reception - unusual at Palace for an ex-player - and bottled it badly.

I remember him mis-controlling the ball and it going out for a throw-in to mass derision from the crowd, and he looked shattered.

I think he was genuinely surprised at the reaction - he had zero self-awareness.
Roy IN!!

Reg

Post by Reg »

JW90 wrote:
Two Crows wrote:

Shocking display of officiating at the Baseball Ground yesterday.

:D Live on ITV Central with Alan Parry and Jimmy Greaves commentating.

Greavsie is my hero, as a player and as a top, top bloke.

His letters page in Shoot! magazine was the stuff of legends.

Used to love his Midlands commentaries on TV. 8)
Roy IN!!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Come to St Andrews and get high, and imagine you are watching a football team. The Blues pioneering with the weed Co. :D

They should give some to the players in their half-time cuppa.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/ ... l-16839465
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Northern Troglodite

Better performance from Woodgates lot , if you attack more you may concede more , just a question of getting some players back & getting them balanced up , improvements slowly but surely hopefully