Weekend Sportsday

The place to discuss the TalkSPORT2 station
Champagne and Roses

Weekend Sportsday

Post by Champagne and Roses »

I quite like this, Adrian Clarke and Mark Webster. I am fully prepared to admit that this view may have been influenced by the fact the alternative on TS is the execrable Georgie Bingham who hates me and every other TS listener. I can see Webster would be easy to dislike but somehow I can’t bring myself to do it.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Weekend Sportsday

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Is Webbo still six times louder than all other presenters?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Champagne and Roses

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Is Webbo still six times louder than all other presenters?

Yes. They should put him on with Jim Shite, we’d all have to wear ear protectors.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Mark Webster's one of those characters who's never actually had a career as such. He's just sort of popped up here and there doing bits and pieces. He's done a bit of music presenting, a bit of stand-up comedy, a bit of voiceover work, a bit of game show stuff, a bit of this, that and the other. I doubt there's a job called 'Doing bits and pieces,' and that's why I think of him as not having a career as such. His TS2 gig is the nearest thing he's had to 'something'. It's still not much. But he shouts a lot and is a footie fan, so I can see why he's there. And as Champers notes, he's not Georgie Bingham, thank god.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Like Webster, is good , no bs bluster , prob TS2 's best ?
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Champagne and Roses

There’s not much original content of that type on TS2 these days, but everyone here complaining rightly about Bingham should just switch over and give him a try. I’d like to see those two on the main channel, they could easily replace Jim Shite, also Drive.

Northern Troglodite

Post by Northern Troglodite »

Champagne and Roses wrote:There’s not much original content of that type on TS2 these days, but everyone here complaining rightly about Bingham should just switch over and give him a try. I’d like to see those two on the main channel, they could easily replace Jim Shite, also Drive.

So we now on a saturday have Madeoffaeces & 2 OTHER HALF WITS , on the EFL show just spouting PL bluster......due to the fact the EFL does not exist on their radar .....typical of TS , they have a very very good show with Webbo & Clarke .....& they fuck about for the likes of Madeoffaeces to use his book of commentary puns to use .......shite..... when the alternative is the Bingham creature
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

Champagne and Roses

Is the Clarke and Webster show even on any more ? It was one of the best shows on the network so it makes sense if Clayton has canned it.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

They replaced it with frankie dettori, lord raheem and sporting couch reruns
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN