Mr. Dominic Cummings

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: Mr. Dominic Cummings

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:18 am Of course it was wrong but the elephant in the room is why itook the Mirror 52 days to let public in on this exclusive.
This happened on 31/03 four days into lockdown.
Neighbours spoke to the press and assume they were paid for this dynamite story.
Was part of that deal to keep quiet until the story was released.
The delay to print reeks of politics ,not caring for the public's feelings whatsoever.
Cummings first excuse was he went there for so his parents could help with child care. It was then pointed out that the government has banned grandparents from visiting there grandchildren and it may upset them to find government advisors are exempt.

His story is now they were in a separate house. The government also banned people from visiting their second homes.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Jonathan wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 am
delboy1983 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:18 am Of course it was wrong but the elephant in the room is why itook the Mirror 52 days to let public in on this exclusive.
Neighbours spoke to the press and assume they were paid for this dynamite story.
The delay to print reeks of politics ,not caring for the public's feelings whatsoever.
Defending the indefensible as ever Del because it suits your politics. Pathetic
No he's bang to rights.
Attacking the media for delaying the story by 52 days.He was not charged so it could not have been a police investigation holding it up.
Media held it back for a rainy day only 4 days into lockdown.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Vespa wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 am
Cummings first excuse was he went there for so his parents could help with child care. It was then pointed out that the government has banned grandparents from visiting there grandchildren and it may upset them to find government advisors are exempt.

His story is now they were in a separate house. The government also banned people from visiting their second homes.
Guilty ,no excuses
The delay on the story is politically motivated and is my bone of contention.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:32 am

Guilty ,no excuses
Pippa Crerar didn't have it for 52 days they've uncovered it.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Vespa wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 am

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.
The neighbours were aware of it at the time went to sleep for 52 days and then got in touch with the Press
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

delboy1983 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:47 am

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.
The neighbours were aware of it at the time went to sleep for 52 days and then got in touch with the Press
Nope. Neighbour alerted the press in April when Dom was cavorting around the country while having COVID symptoms.

Down Street have done their best to quash this
A joyless arsehole.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

shabbado wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:52 am

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.
Nope. Neighbour alerted the press in April when Dom was cavorting around the country while having COVID symptoms.

My thoughts are that they sat on it until Lockdown was beginning a phased toning down and it was politically expedient to delay this story.
Breaking it at the beginning of the lockdown could have meant the public not complying and the Mirror/Guardian would be blamed
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.
What date did the neighbours tell the press? I just don't see what the press get from reporting this late?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:08 am
shabbado wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:52 am

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.

My thoughts are that they sat on it until Lockdown was beginning a phased toning down and it was politically expedient to delay this story.
Breaking it at the beginning of the lockdown could have meant the public not complying and the Mirror/Guardian would be blamed
Blamed for Cummings breaking the rules?

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Vespa wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:27 am

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.
What date did the neighbours tell the press? I just don't see what the press get from reporting this late?
Around 5th April.
Had they reported such a high ranking individual days into the lockdown they feared an adverse two fingers up from the British public in which they would be complicit.
Better to wait until lockdown is lessened for maximum political effect
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Boris stans are defending Cummings regardless.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:39 am
Vespa wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:27 am

Guilty ,no excuses
That's bollocks.
Around 5th April.
Had they reported such a high ranking individual days into the lockdown they feared an adverse two fingers up from the British public in which they would be complicit.
Better to wait until lockdown is lessened for maximum political effect
Reading the story that's then the neighbour said they saw him, not when the press found out.

To be honest I'm not convinced by your theory that the press held onto this story because they worried that reporting it at the time would cause the public to tell the government to screw the lockdown. If you wanted to maximum political effect would you do it then?

It's more reasonable to believe that the press was working the story trying to get as much detail as possible for example the police visit, etc
Last edited by Vespa on Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:54 am Boris stans are defending Cummings regardless.
You know what makes me laugh when Neil Ferguson resigned because he was banging his girlfriend a few miles away people like Matt Hancock we're quoted as saying they were "gobsmacked" that Ferguson was so irresponsible. Cummings and his wife drive 250 miles with the virus and Gove is tweeting he was just looking after his child. Aparantly it is okay because his parent's estate is so large he could live in one of there spare houses.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Neighbours do not hold onto that information The press had this story early April ,should have broke it but someone on high held it back thinking his time will come.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:54 am Boris stans are defending Cummings regardless.
You know what makes me laugh when Neil Ferguson resigned because he was banging his girlfriend a few miles away people like Matt Hancock we're quoted as saying they were "gobsmacked" that Ferguson was so irresponsible. Cummings and his wife drive 250 miles with the virus and Gove is tweeting he was just looking after his child. Aparantly it is okay because his parent's estate is so large he could live in one of there spare houses.
Exactly. Both Ferguson and Cummings were wrong. Would Matt Hancock say the same if Cummings's child wasn't involved? This is the problem: children equals heart-strings.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter