GameDay™

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Erskine Might

Re: Game Day

Post by Erskine Might »

There's one bit that Clayton has actually improved - the pre-recorded news/profile packages that they do now are much more professional and polished than before. I'm not sure that all of them suit what ought to be a live broadcast, but at least the much-criticised Lee has done something right-ish.

Champagne and Roses

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Erskine Might wrote:And TS2 are today repeating great chunks of 'Game Day - LIVE'. That's going to confuse the TS2 listener, Vernon from Oswestry.

TS2 weekend breakfast show is light years better than Bingham’s feeble emission.
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

It is, but my portable DAB radio only picks it up as well as an ancient Norman Collier routine, or the average mobile pbone call to TS.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Can't string two words together this chap Sinclair.

Champagne and Roses

Turned on to hear Luke Aaron Moore standing outside Wembley saying “Not many people here yet three and a half hours before the game” and Jason Cunty saying “There are more than when I got here an hour ago”. I mean what idiot thought it would be a good idea to have them standing outside the place hours in advance and doing the show from there ?

James90125

Post by James90125 »

A subdued pre-match Saggs.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Turned on to hear Luke Aaron Moore standing outside Wembley saying “Not many people here yet three and a half hours before the game” and Jason Cunty saying “There are more than when I got here an hour ago”. I mean what idiot thought it would be a good idea to have them standing outside the place hours in advance and doing the show from there ?

Leonardo J. Claypole, at your servesque
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Sounds good to be fair.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Geoff on the Game Day phone in with one of the Bent boys (Darren). :smt023
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Yeah good to have Geoff on.

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Amazing what a difference a proper presenter can make

Very similar to when Dants is on

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Exactly. 'Visionary' bosses hate it, but all you need for a good programme are good honest professionals who know what they're doing. No box ticking, no 'personalities,' no provocations, just decent broadcasting, attuned to the moment and engaged with the audience. Take that, Luke Warm and Vague Mitch.

Champagne and Roses

Erskine Might wrote:Exactly. 'Visionary' bosses hate it, but all you need for a good programme are good honest professionals who know what they're doing. No box ticking, no 'personalities,' no provocations, just decent broadcasting, attuned to the moment and engaged with the audience. Take that, Luke Warm and Vague Mitch.
And what is galling is that TS have (or have had) those people and they've been side-lined. Dants most notably. Matt Smith another, ditched last year.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Unfortunately, the phone-in route has gone down the same line as the likes of Drive and the Sports Bar. Setting up the topics to get worked up about rather than just opening it up for somebody to ring in, put their point across and then the presenters debate the comments.

606 is now that show. "Everton fans, do you agree with x pundit about his view?" Why do we need his view before any calls? Let the callers set the show.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

JW90 wrote:Unfortunately, the phone-in route has gone down the same line as the likes of Drive and the Sports Bar.
I've said it before, I'm saying it now, and I'll say it in the future ...
Baker and Kelly made it look too easy, and everyone thought "football phone-ins; that's the way to fill a few hours", but you need good callers and a producer in tune with the presenters. There aren't enough good callers to go round and the producers seem strangely keen on tiresome bores with an alternative to the penalty shoot-out or mad shouty fuckers, right, almost incoherent with rage, right, whose little boys were in TEARS, right, yeah? It helps to get on air if you've got a really dodgy connection.
As Danny Baker said "it's not about the game, it's about US", meaning the fans, meaning people who actually go to games, and have a sense of proportion and an appreciation of the ridiculous nature of taking 22 men kicking a ball about as important.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99