GameDay™

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Champagne and Roses

Re: Game Day

Post by Champagne and Roses »

Basualdo wrote:Just pics!! Please!!
You want a picture of me saying “He sucked on Nat’s fun bags” to an Albanian playing a piano accordion ?
Blocked by Andy Jacobs since 2011
You might even spot me having a bit of veal

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

No, but at a pinch, yes.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Champagne and Roses

Basualdo wrote:No, but at a pinch, yes.
DM me (not a euphemism).

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

But will the Albanian have taken it as statement or a request (i.e. like "play Freebird!")?
Proud Gammon

The Doctor Is In

Boxing Day IS Game Day - 9 LIVE Commentaries and Cricket!

Post by The Doctor Is In »

Fill yer boots as Gameday goes LARGE!!!! (insert your own Greg Wallace gif)

Nine football commentaries will be broadcast by talkSPORT this Boxing Day – with multiple streams available via the station’s app.
The station will cover games kicking-off at 12.30pm, 3pm, 5.30pm and 8pm, plus the live game the following day – and the New Year’s Day fixtures.
The coverage will be led by talkSPORT’s football team, including Reshmin Chowdhury, Stuart Pearce, Adrian Durham, Sam Matterface and Trevor Sinclair forming part of a three-year rights package.

All six 3pm games will be played simultaneously on the talkSPORT app, where they will have a choice of matches.
Tottenham will host Brighton in the 12.30pm kick off, hosted by Reshmin Chowdhury, Manchester United will be at home to Newcastle at 5.30pm and Liverpool travel to Leicester for the 8pm game.

The six 3pm games are Bournemouth v Arsenal, Aston Villa v Norwich, Chelsea v Southampton, Crystal Palace v West Ham, Everton v Burnley and Sheffield United v Watford. Wolves v Manchester City will air at 7.45pm on December 27.

talkSPORT 2 will also be broadcasting cricket coverage live from Centurion, as England take on South Africa in the first Test Match at SuperSport Park. Mark Nicholas will be joined by Darren Gough, Matt Prior, Steve Harmison and Gareth Batty with live coverage from the opening match of the series.
Head of talkSPORT Lee Clayton said: “We know Saturday is GameDay and now Boxing Day on talkSPORT is too. In an unprecedented day of sport for the network, the fans’ favourites will be there for all the post-Christmas action from The Premier League to South Africa.”

Wireless CEO Scott Taunton said: “With all the Boxing Day fixtures and the opening Test Match of England Cricket’s South Africa tour, this could be the greatest ever day of live sporting action across the talkSPORT network. The GameDay campaign has already drawn in record audiences and is cementing talkSPORT as the go-to destination for live football along with 24/7 chat, breaking news and analysis.”
Peace and Love

James90125

Re: Boxing Day IS Game Day - 9 LIVE Commentaries and Cricket!

Post by James90125 »

"The GameDay Campaign" :x

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

Wireless CEO Scott Taunton said: “With all the Boxing Day fixtures and the opening Test Match of England Cricket’s South Africa tour, this could be the greatest ever day of live sporting action across the talkSPORT network. The GameDay campaign has already drawn in record audiences and is cementing talkSPORT as the go-to destination for live football along with 24/7 chat, breaking news and analysis.”

Go to destination yeah right

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kentred1 wrote:Wireless CEO Scott Taunton said: “With all the Boxing Day fixtures and the opening Test Match of England Cricket’s South Africa tour, this could be the greatest ever day of live sporting action across the talkSPORT network. The GameDay campaign has already drawn in record audiences and is cementing talkSPORT as the go-to destination for live football along with 24/7 chat, breaking news and analysis.”

Go to destination yeah right

Doesnt he mean 'dialysis'?
Proud Gammon

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

What about the Liverpool fans? They've already done that, bad luck scousers, but hey listen to Game Day. Note as they state it 'GameDay'.

Note as others have said, Sunday afternoon and Monday are premuim Premier League so they have a lot of shite, which leads to a preview 'Game Day Drive', the execrable 'Game Day Warm Up', 'Game Day Breakfast' and all the other shite around it.

Game Day is really shit. Worse than new coke. :arrow:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Champagne and Roses

Oh yah, I'm going to listen to nine commentaries on Boxing Day, not like I've got anything else to do. Reminds me of that Peter Cook reply when he was invited to a dinner party by David Frost. "Checking my diary I find I'm watching television that evening".

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Champagne and Roses wrote:Oh yah, I'm going to listen to nine commentaries on Boxing Day, not like I've got anything else to do. Reminds me of that Peter Cook reply when he was invited to a dinner party by David Frost. "Checking my diary I find I'm watching television that evening".

Boxing Day. A traditional drinking day for much of their demographic.
They could play 24 hour loop of The History of Gays in Musical Theatre and no fucker would notice.
Proud Gammon

Champagne and Roses

Basualdo wrote:
Champagne and Roses wrote:Oh yah, I'm going to listen to nine commentaries on Boxing Day, not like I've got anything else to do. Reminds me of that Peter Cook reply when he was invited to a dinner party by David Frost. "Checking my diary I find I'm watching television that evening".

Boxing Day. A traditional drinking day for much of their demographic.
They could play 24 hour loop of The History of Gays in Musical Theatre and no fucker would notice.
Don’t give Clayton ideas about Gay Day. It’s an identity politics topic Jim Shite hasn’t covered - gay footballers and managers, for example [EDIT].

Interesting they say What A Game Day has drawn record audiences (at the high end presumably). I think we need to entertain the possibility that Clayton’s changes have been a success which would be inexplicable to me - but let’s wait for the actual numbers.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Basualdo wrote:
kentred1 wrote:Wireless CEO Scott Taunton said: “With all the Boxing Day fixtures and the opening Test Match of England Cricket’s South Africa tour, this could be the greatest ever day of live sporting action across the talkSPORT network. The GameDay campaign has already drawn in record audiences and is cementing talkSPORT as the go-to destination for live football along with 24/7 chat, breaking news and analysis.”
Doesnt he mean 'dialysis'?
Don't they mean Witless CEO?
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JW90

Post by JW90 »

TalkSport is the go to destination for live football- on one day of the week. What are their listening figures like for the Football League games throughout the week?

9 games in one day is marvellous but with six of those on at the same time, I doubt casual listeners will be tuning in to most of the 3pm games.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

Of course the highest profile game of the weekend this week - MUFC v LFC - is on a Sunday, and TS would normally be hyping it up like mad. But this season they can't because it's not on 'Game Day'. So they've actually been scrupulously avoiding many mentions of a match that they would normally be waffling on about every day leading up to the game itself. A blessed relief, in a way, but Clayton's providing a text book demonstration of how to mess up a radio station.