Policeman killed

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: Policeman killed

Post by birdie »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Most of the violent crime in London is committee by Somali and Nigerian gangs. My uncle is in the police force. Is no wonder so many white British families have fled the capital.

You must have told us this a dozen times before.
No doubt it is awful to live in areas where this is happening, but there is no "white flight" going on.
There are people moving out of London ( although not as many coming in) and I suspect that has more to do with congestion, pollution, cost-of-living and house prices.

No 'white flight'?
So you undoubtedly can show that the white british population of London is numerically more or less the same or greater (subject to birthrate) as it has always been?

The population of London has grown about 600,000 since 2015.
No doubt there are people who have moved out. I would.
As to their ethnicity, I don't think there are such figures.
Let alone data as to why people have moved out.

Wow, 600,000 in under 5 years. I've lived in N London for many years and admit that my corner has changed greatly, indeed, I walk down the street and sometimes I have a little 'hooray' to myself, I've heard someone speak English, yes, I know that isn't PC, but I don't really care, 'm just saying that my bit of Barnet, as opposed to the Borough of Barnet, has changed so much, and yes, much of it IS due to non English people moving in, most of them seem to be Eastern European, mebbe Bliar's open door policy had something to do with it.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

birdie wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Most of the violent crime in London is committee by Somali and Nigerian gangs. My uncle is in the police force. Is no wonder so many white British families have fled the capital.

No doubt it is awful to live in areas where this is happening, but there is no "white flight" going on.
There are people moving out of London ( although not as many coming in) and I suspect that has more to do with congestion, pollution, cost-of-living and house prices.

No 'white flight'?
So you undoubtedly can show that the white british population of London is numerically more or less the same or greater (subject to birthrate) as it has always been?

Wow, 600,000 in under 5 years. I've lived in N London for many years and admit that my corner has changed greatly, indeed, I walk down the street and sometimes I have a little 'hooray' to myself, I've heard someone speak English, yes, I know that isn't PC, but I don't really care, 'm just saying that my bit of Barnet, as opposed to the Borough of Barnet, has changed so much, and yes, much of it IS due to non English people moving in, most of them seem to be Eastern European, mebbe Bliar's open door policy had something to do with it.

600,000 almost seems acceptable nowadays, such are the eye-watering numbers bandied around when it comes to migration.
Anyone remember the days (pre-blair) when the annual figures for the whole of the country (not just the capital) were in the region of 50K?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

Last time I went to London was last year in April and i was only there for a day conference/course at UCL- it was basically into Euston station and a quick stroll to the institute

Hardly ever go to London. It looks a frightening place with so many people. The place looks absolutely jam packed and it does seem to suffer from an epidemic of violent knife crimes, murders, robberies, car jackings...it seems lawless.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Roy Twing wrote:
birdie wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

No 'white flight'?

600,000 almost seems acceptable nowadays, such are the eye-watering numbers bandied around when it comes to migration.
Anyone remember the days (pre-blair) when the annual figures for the whole of the country (not just the capital) were in the region of 50K?

I seem to remember that when the EU was enlarged to include several Eastern European countries some of the other members put a limit on entry for several years, Bliar refused to do the same saying that he had information that only 13,000 would come in the first year, as with most other things that Bliar said that proved to be incorrect, 150,000 and more came from Poland alone in the first year, not counting all the Romanians and others.

shivah

Post by shivah »

Roy Twing wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
shivah wrote:

A fucking gyppo.

Vacuous cretin, can’t even spell “gyppo” correctly. Sod off back to the Gaunty thread you twat.

?
The best way to spell ‘gyppo’ is g-y-p-p-o, surely?

Gyppo is the expected spelling if you type it into Doctor Google.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

shivah wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
shivah wrote:

A fucking gyppo.

Vacuous cretin, can’t even spell “gyppo” correctly. Sod off back to the Gaunty thread you twat.

?
The best way to spell ‘gyppo’ is g-y-p-p-o, surely?

Gyppo is the expected spelling if you type it into Doctor Google.

I know, but in the spirit of this new friendly forum, I didn't like to highlight too many failings of another poster all at once
:wink:
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

birdie wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
birdie wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

No 'white flight'?

I seem to remember that when the EU was enlarged to include several Eastern European countries some of the other members put a limit on entry for several years, Bliar refused to do the same saying that he had information that only 13,000 would come in the first year, as with most other things that Bliar said that proved to be incorrect, 150,000 and more came from Poland alone in the first year, not counting all the Romanians and others.

Absolutely correct. I remember those lies only too well, along with the similarly outrageous wmd lies.
Some might try to ignore the outright lies perpetuated at the time (ironically, they're mostly the same bunch who continually try to make such a big deal ad nauseum about an alleged lie about a bus), and instead try to pretend that the mass immigration that the lies produced are an entirely good thing, but again, they are perpetuating lies and half-truths provided by the establishment.
E & OE

birdie

Post by birdie »

Roy Twing wrote:
birdie wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
birdie wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

No 'white flight'?

Absolutely correct. I remember those lies only too well, along with the similarly outrageous wmd lies.
Some might try to ignore the outright lies perpetuated at the time (ironically, they're mostly the same bunch who continually try to make such a big deal ad nauseum about an alleged lie about a bus), and instead try to pretend that the mass immigration that the lies produced are an entirely good thing, but again, they are perpetuating lies and half-truths provided by the establishment.

Then came the big, they're undercutting the English workman' controversy, of course they were undercutting, they didn't have the overheads, like a mortgage and kids, I recall the manageress of the local Hospice shop telling me that she had to complain to the council about a house opposite to hers which was rented out, the landlord apparently thought he was renting it out to the couple who viewed when in reality it turned out to be 12 blokes who bought in bunkbeds and divided the through lounge into another bedroom, they worked in bars and didn't come home until about 2 in the morning and then spent another hour or more standing around the car talking loudly, presumably the place was so full of beds there wasn't room for a more than two or three at a time elsewhere, this carried on for months, the council couldn't do anything, the landlord eventually had to take legal action which took ages, but never mind, immigration is good for us.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

birdie wrote:
Then came the big, they're undercutting the English workman' controversy, of course they were undercutting, they didn't have the overheads, like a mortgage and kids, I recall the manageress of the local Hospice shop telling me that she had to complain to the council about a house opposite to hers which was rented out, the landlord apparently thought he was renting it out to the couple who viewed when in reality it turned out to be 12 blokes who bought in bunkbeds and divided the through lounge into another bedroom, they worked in bars and didn't come home until about 2 in the morning and then spent another hour or more standing around the car talking loudly, presumably the place was so full of beds there wasn't room for a more than two or three at a time elsewhere, this carried on for months, the council couldn't do anything, the landlord eventually had to take legal action which took ages, but never mind, immigration is good for us.

It is fantastic for big business which can increase profits from low wages; great for government because it increases the number of consumers who spend money and pay (some) taxes, and it's similarly good for rogue (usually foreign) landlords who buy up properties to enable the low waged workers to live 12 to a house and undercut others.

But we have somewhat deviated from the thread topic.
E & OE

birdie

Post by birdie »

Roy Twing wrote:
birdie wrote:

It is fantastic for big business which can increase profits from low wages; great for government because it increases the number of consumers who spend money and pay (some) taxes, and it's similarly good for rogue (usually foreign) landlords who buy up properties to enable the low waged workers to live 12 to a house and undercut others.

Sorry, I apologise for that, but just one last word if I may, the landlord in this case wasn't a rogue landlord and the house was a well maintained 3 bedroomed semi in a decent road, he really thought he was renting to a couple but was taken in, as were we all by Bliar.

Soz, as they say in the best newspapers, this correspondence is now at an end. :lol:

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

birdie wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
birdie wrote:

Sorry, I apologise for that, but just one last word if I may, the landlord in this case wasn't a rogue landlord and the house was a well maintained 3 bedroomed semi in a decent road, he really thought he was renting to a couple but was taken in, as were we all by Bliar.

Soz, as they say in the best newspapers, this correspondence is now at an end. :lol:

We're all guilty of deviating in this thread it seems, but it occurred to me that we seemed to be deviating from a deviation :rolleyes:

I did note that your landlord seemed to be a victim rather than one of those I was referring to - there's plenty of eastern europeans for all landlord types though, it seems.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I asked a plod mate I know today whether he thought there was a lot more violence out there than a decade ago.

HE said he couldn't possibly know but would google to see what the BBC had to say about it which would certainly provide the correct answer.

Actually I made that bit up about the Googling it. In his opinion it's gone through the roof. The powers that be rely on politicised reports , or the lack of them, to convince people who aren't savvy enough to see the bleedin obvious

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Of course
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:Of course

+1

For once you are right. Violence on the street has skyrocketed.

You have obviously been on a few bus rides in the most affected places and conducted a survey to come to the same conclusion.

:dart:

Devondevon

Post by Devondevon »

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Of course

+1

For once you are right. Violence on the street has skyrocketed.

You have obviously been on a few bus rides in the most affected places and conducted a survey to come to the same conclusion.

:dart:

:lol: