Talksport Commentary

Talksport - the main station discussion place
carcinogen

Re: Talksport Commentary

Post by carcinogen »

“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Erskine Might

Post by Erskine Might »

delboy1983 wrote:
kentred1 wrote:Does Matterface ever listen to himself?

"That right foot could crack a safe"

He has a file of such gems primed ready to deploy for his two listeners that haven't turned off.

He never learns. He starts off with about three minutes or so of awful pre-rehearsed remarks, usually full of puns and really laboured 'topical' allusions, and then, when he's used up that material, every single time, you can practically hear the shiver of panic as he thinks, 'Christ, what do I say NOW?' If he didn't have Pearce or someone as a sidekick for 'bantz,' he'd really be lost.

James90125

Post by James90125 »

United shooting from left to right, Chelsea shooting from right to left. The sun's in the sky. Frankie Lampard is wearing a lovely leather boot. I can smell chips.

LittleShop

Post by LittleShop »

kentred1 wrote:Does Matterface ever listen to himself?

"That right foot could crack a safe"

I will never forget driving back home on a cold winter night from St James Park listening to TS commentary and this pearler ‘Soyuncu’s luscious locks fall backwards over his head’

WTF

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

James90125 wrote:United shooting from left to right, Chelsea shooting from right to left. The sun's in the sky. Frankie Lampard is wearing a lovely leather boot. I can smell chips.

"INXS were number one when Solksjaer signed for Man Utd. And he really needs a result tonight!"
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Sometimes you think Biggles with his commentary catches you out where you don't think there's going to be a goal but then there is a goal. Don't know whether he's been doing it now and then for ages or not. Sometimes though think it brings some style to his commentary so not complaining.

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

Champagne and Roses wrote:
kentred1 wrote:Another live match ruined by Sam "Alan Partridge" Matterface

This guy is just plain dreadful
Leaving all opinions about him aside - a simple FACT is that he doesn't commentate on the game, he doesn't tell you what's happening on the pitch often enough for you to follow the game. Same in his last "commentary". This is such a basic error that surely even Clayton must fix it. At the point when that is fixed we can address whether his drivelling "banter" with his co-host is adequate. Personally as a start (if I couldn't fire him immediately) I'd make him do the games on his own - given him no-one to talk to - then he might concentrate more.

As long as he gives the odds every couple of minutes he can say what he likes as far as the bosses at the station are concerned
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Let's see Biggles again see if he can catch us out.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

ccreds wrote:Let's see Biggles again see if he can catch us out.
"Shaw shanked it, but there was no redemption", or some fucking thing. Shoot me, I'm in hell!
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

JimmyDee wrote:
ccreds wrote:Let's see Biggles again see if he can catch us out.
"Shaw shanked it, but there was no redemption", or some fucking thing. Shoot me, I'm in hell!

:lol:

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Stuart Pearce enlightening us all in the first half by knowing who plays for Liverpool.

"If Rooney ploid for Livpool, hoid be parssin to Marnay, to Sallargh".

Cheers, Stu.