Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Zippy

Re: Owen Jones kicked in the head

Post by Zippy »

Jones is actually quite a tragic figure. He defied the Corbyn cult, calling for the Absolute Boy to step down a few years back. Labour then over-performed in 2017, so ever since, he's tried to get back in favour but deep down knows all his efforts are in vein. He is permanently excluded from their inner circle and deep down knows this.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

subsub

Post by subsub »

Devondevon wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:" i will only believe they were attacked if there are convictions in the court of law."
Do you apply that principle to all reports of violence?

I have deep mistrust of the likes of Nawaz and Jones.

For instance, Maajid Nawaz was apparently called a" paki" and assaulted outside a theatre in Soho back in February.

Any news yet?

The type of area Soho is.. It probably has CCTV everywhere

CCTV footage of attack?

CCTV footage of perpetrators?

Nothings been released

Any developments?

I just have deep mistrust of these people

Sorry, Bobby, you fucked up big time on this one, too: :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... owen-jones

Trio admit taking part in attack on Guardian columnist Owen Jones
Three men may face custodial sentences after incident in north London in August

Three men have admitted being involved in a late-night assault on Guardian journalist Owen Jones outside a pub in Islington, north London.

At a short plea hearing on Wednesday afternoon at Snaresbrook crown court, James Healy, 39, from Portsmouth, Liam Tracey, 34, from Camden, London; and Charlie Ambrose, 29, from Brighton, all pleaded guilty to affray.

Healy admitted a further charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He denies the attack was motivated by homophobia and will now face a trial of issue in front of a judge to decide whether that was the case.

The three men face the possibility of custodial sentences following the attack on the journalist and political activist in the summer.

Jones, 35, said he had been celebrating his birthday with friends when he was attacked at about 2am outside the Lexington public house in Islington, north London, on 17 August.

At the time of the incident, Jones has said he believes he was targeted because of his anti-fascist politics and warned that divisive rhetoric is emboldening some on the far right to become violent.

The writer and activist said he was leaving a bar near King’s Cross at around 2am when a group of men “charged out of the pub with military precision” and hit him from behind while he was saying goodbye to friends.

“They kicked me in the back, I was knocked down, then they kicked me in the head and back,” Jones said at the time. Some of his friends were also hurt. “Three of them were punched, my partner was punched … They were only trying to defend me.”

At a previous hearing at Highbury magistrates court, prosecutors said Jones had been subject to a group attack and that this meant it would be calling for a sentence of the highest end of the range for the offences, which was one and a half years.

The defendants have previously argued they didn’t know who Owen Jones was. Their lawyer said that statements previously given by the three had said they were “acting in self defence and defending one another”.
WOKE AND PROUD

paolo

Post by paolo »

justive for little owen
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

paolo wrote:Chappelle has me in stitches every time

Genius

I'd not heard of him until recently when he was mentioned in relation to the various examples of 'woke-ness' - in this case, the difference between snowflake movie critics and audiences on rotton tomatoes.
Must admit he is genuinely funny.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Devondevon wrote:
VeritasVincit wrote:" i will only believe they were attacked if there are convictions in the court of law."

For instance, Maajid Nawaz was apparently called a" paki" and assaulted outside a theatre in Soho back in February.

Any news yet?

CCTV footage of attack?

Nothings been released

Any developments?

Three men have admitted being involved in a late-night assault on Guardian journalist Owen Jones outside a pub in Islington, north London.

At a short plea hearing on Wednesday afternoon at Snaresbrook crown court, James Healy, 39, from Portsmouth, Liam Tracey, 34, from Camden, London; and Charlie Ambrose, 29, from Brighton, all pleaded guilty to affray.

Healy admitted a further charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He denies the attack was motivated by homophobia and will now face a trial of issue in front of a judge to decide whether that was the case.

The three men face the possibility of custodial sentences following the attack on the journalist and political activist in the summer.

Jones, 35, said he had been celebrating his birthday with friends when he was attacked at about 2am outside the Lexington public house in Islington, north London, on 17 August.

At the time of the incident, Jones has said he believes he was targeted because of his anti-fascist politics and warned that divisive rhetoric is emboldening some on the far right to become violent.

The writer and activist said he was leaving a bar near King’s Cross at around 2am when a group of men “charged out of the pub with military precision” and hit him from behind while he was saying goodbye to friends.

“They kicked me in the back, I was knocked down, then they kicked me in the head and back,” Jones said at the time. Some of his friends were also hurt. “Three of them were punched, my partner was punched … They were only trying to defend me.”

At a previous hearing at Highbury magistrates court, prosecutors said Jones had been subject to a group attack and that this meant it would be calling for a sentence of the highest end of the range for the offences, which was one and a half years.

The defendants have previously argued they didn’t know who Owen Jones was. Their lawyer said that statements previously given by the three had said they were “acting in self defence and defending one another”.

The issue here was, unless I'm mistaken, that Owen blamed the far right for the alleged attack - has this been proven yet?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Devondevon wrote:

Any news yet?

CCTV footage of attack?

Nothings been released

Any developments?

The issue here was, unless I'm mistaken, that Owen blamed the far right for the alleged attack - has this been proven yet?

Can you remember who the posters were that refused to accept that he's even been attacked?
I can remember DD, but who were the others?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Devondevon wrote:

Any news yet?

CCTV footage of attack?

Nothings been released

Any developments?

This is an ongoing court trial. The three defendants conducted the attack with military precision. It will be interesting to see what their motivation was.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The first few pages of the thread will give an indication, vv.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

kancutlawns wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Devondevon wrote:

Any news yet?

CCTV footage of attack?

Nothings been released

Any developments?

This is an ongoing court trial. The three defendants conducted the attack with military precision. It will be interesting to see what their motivation was.

Indeed.
E & OE

paolo

Post by paolo »

Roy Twing wrote:
paolo wrote:Chappelle has me in stitches every time

Genius

I'd not heard of him until recently when he was mentioned in relation to the various examples of 'woke-ness' - in this case, the difference between snowflake movie critics and audiences on rotton tomatoes.
Must admit he is genuinely funny.

juicy smolly yay......he's french
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:The issue here was, unless I'm mistaken, that Owen blamed the far right for the alleged attack - has this been proven yet?

The issue was whether he was even attacked in the first place.
He was.
WOKE AND PROUD

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:The issue here was, unless I'm mistaken, that Owen blamed the far right for the alleged attack - has this been proven yet?

The issue was whether he was even attacked in the first place.
He was.

Not for me it wasn't - nor for the OP it would seem (which usually defines the 'issue' on a thread I'd have thought).
The issue is clearly that a far left activist has made a damning claim against what he describes as "far right activists" - the question is whether he had evidence to support this claim, or if he was cynically using an 'incident' to promote his far left agenda.

By the way, what is your interpretation of racism?
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:By the way, what is your interpretation of racism?

:lol: :lol:

WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

For me this is all about Jones using his admittedly skilful ability as a wordsmith to totally distort the actual events which happened.

He probably was attacked but nowhere near the level he has claimed. Even a slight push is technically an assault.

The chances are those accused will be convicted as attackers as that is the current crybaby climate we live in.

Anyone from years gone by would have probably just brushed it off, but again in the current climate the emphasis is on exaggeration and victimhood.

There is still no CCTV evidence because it will probably show nothing more than handbags at ten paces but with our leftwing compliant courts will probably be spun into another far right incident while they ignore and refuse to prosecute left wing incidents where much more 'violence' is on display. The reason:? left wing violence is justified according to the left - of which we can now include the courts.