Brexit - Part 13 (Unlucky for Some)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Petingo

Re: Brexit - Part 13 (Unlucky for Some)

Postby Petingo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:46 pm

m4rkb wrote:
Petingo wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Zambo wrote:The Brexit v Remain debate deserves a one minute time out to agree with this bloke. Surely both sides can.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-row.html

Don't think there's any doubt about it. Entire country is utterly sick of it

From the very outset it was a total cluster fucker by Cameron and co

Never should such a generation defining event have been a simple yes / no question.

....er.....ol’ Pet might be a minority of one but I just love it :)

I will miss all this drama when it ends.

If it ever does :(

Me too. I've listened to it wall to wall.

The difference is, if you're a leaver like me, you hear all the best arguments to leave and why it isn't actually a cliff edge.
- I'm presuming there is not one person in Britain named Cliff Edge or he'd be making a fortune out of this :D

The leavers on the other hand hear nothing but doom and gloom. IMO

Neither side now listens to the other, although I'd say us remainers have heard your 'crashing out' arguments ad nauseam.

Some posters think there are only three reasons to vote leave. :rolleyes:

Indeed, Mark.

And you ain’t heard owt more replete with “doom and gloom” than Yellowhammer itself.

That is a Tory government report....not the work of the usual #ProjectFear suspects.

:roll:

I have said before that supporting Brexit is one thing.....supporting No Deal Brexit is a whole nother Brexit.

And whilst you might complain about hearing our “crashing out argument ad nauseam” it is sommat you jolly well need to hear because I for one have too much at stake to let proponents of what I call a Kamikaze Brexit play chicken with the health, financial wellbeing and future prospects of my wife and two daughters.

I suspect you must have some reservations in light of Yellowhammer your own self, even if you refuse to acknowledge them on a public forum.

One would neither be intelligent nor sane happen one read Yellowhammer without at least a scintilla of trepidation....especially if one has family members to consider.

On the positive side, after three years I have at last heard of one good benefit of Brexit.

Duty Free booze will make a comeback.....hooray, I will be able to fill my suitcase down t’ Algarve :drinkers:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

AlcoholBrazil

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:27 am

paolo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:2028 Remoaners shrugging their shoulders when the SAS goes under the command of the EU Forces .

Grow up

Do you still deny that merkel wants a european army?

Of course he does.
Just like that raving loon Guy Verhofstadt wants to abolish nations and remove the 28 commissioners and replace it with a smaller
"parliament" to rule over it's member states. This is the what they have planned for us.
Then they will come for control of our banks and tax systems. It's control by increments.
Verhofstaadt even has the same worrying mannerisms as Hitler, floppy hair , manic arm waving and angry gestures while orating.
And this is the type of person that Remoaners want to give our children's futures to.

https://hungarytoday.hu/guy-verhofstadt ... n-hungary/
Just walked down to the petrol station and bought a pack of tungsten-tipped screws ...never gonna use them...............never gonna use them !

Hillman avenger

Postby Hillman avenger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:40 am

Thank you for pointing out the resemblance to Johnson.
We could have vetoed any army.
BTW would suggest not linking to Hungarian government propaganda. In the same league as RT
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Vespa

Postby Vespa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 am

Hillman avenger wrote:Thank you for pointing out the resemblance to Johnson.
BTW would suggest not linking to Hungarian government propaganda. In the same league as RT

If Corbyn suggested we exited NATO people who lose their minds. Some in Europe suggest an EU version of NATO people the same people lose their minds.

#BrexitLogic.

Roy Twing

Postby Roy Twing » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:33 am

The reality would be that the EU would go ahead with its army anyway even if the UK opted out.
It would then only need the 'right' UK government at some future date to opt in.
The only way this would never happen is if the UK is fully outside that insidious organisation.
Despite what the establishment try to propagate, - we brexiters most definitely do know what we voted for
And for posterity, - could the usual suspects explain what exactly is 'racist' about my avatar?
Ta.

kancutlawns

Postby kancutlawns » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 am

Roy Twing wrote:

The reality would be that the EU would go ahead with its army anyway even if the UK opted out.
It would then only need the 'right' UK government at some future date to opt in.
The only way this would never happen is if the UK is fully outside that insidious organisation.

What’s wrong with a EU army? It could help share resources, intelligence, fight cybercrime, etc. It could work out well, German technology, French diplomacy and our work shy, whingeing bolshiness.

Zambo

Postby Zambo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 am

kancutlawns wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

What’s wrong with a EU army? It could help share resources, intelligence, fight cybercrime, etc. It could work out well, German technology, French diplomacy and our work shy, whingeing bolshiness.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... ster-37817

Anyway, I just don't fancy wearing a Stahlhelm :D
Don't believe everything you think, and rise above principle and do what's right

Ralph

Postby Ralph » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 am

Zambo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... ster-37817

Anyway, I just don't fancy wearing a Stahlhelm :D

"British officials have rejected the idea of an EU army"

I don’t know if he’s been following the news for the last 3 years but what we think no longer matters. When we leave we don’t keep our veto.

Vespa

Postby Vespa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:08 am

It's so easy to scare old white men.

PG30

Postby PG30 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:02 am

Vespa wrote:It's so easy to scare old white men.

I think it’s scientifically proven to do with brain atrophy, reduction in testosterone, helplessness and being faced with their own mortality

Otherwise known as the gammoning

Petingo

Postby Petingo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:10 am

kancutlawns wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

AlcoholBrazil

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:30 pm

So Hungary is a dictatorship and an EU member . How did Orban achieve that ?
Just walked down to the petrol station and bought a pack of tungsten-tipped screws ...never gonna use them...............never gonna use them !

AlcoholBrazil

Postby AlcoholBrazil » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:32 pm

The same white men that fought in every war since stones were picked up, and invented virtually everything you enjoy.
But for white men , you'd still be living in a cave eating berries.

lambrini

Postby lambrini » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Oh! England, my Lionheart
I'm in your garden, fading fast in your arms
–Kate Bush

All political tactics, per se, use ready-made ethical (or unethical) precepts, and thus occupy a low rung on the ladder of human consciousness and existence.
–Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The hysteria surrounding Brexit is astonishing. Deal or no deal on 31 October, people are preparing for the worst. Infantile opinions occur on both sides; the country is so divided that friendships have been lost and family members no longer speak to one another. It's depressing.

POTY and TOTY Winner 2009

PG30

Postby PG30 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:15 pm

AlcoholBrazil wrote:

The same white men that fought in every war since stones were picked up, and invented virtually everything you enjoy.
But for white men , you'd still be living in a cave eating berries.

He said old