Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

In-depth debate on all topical issues
birdie

Re: Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

Post by birdie »

The Tick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:50 pm There isn't blind loyalty to greta, just bewilderment at the venom directed at her by the triggered mob who don't agree with her perspective.

The negative references to her physcial appearance and style of speech are indicative of the attempts to personalise the discourse rather than address the topic she wants to debate.
But she doesn't debate, does she? She shouts and stamps her little foot demanding that people do as she says.
I confess I may well have missed it, but if you could copy and paste some of the measures she's put forward to combat climate change I would be grateful.
Thanking you in advance.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:14 pm
The Tick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:50 pm There isn't blind loyalty to greta, just bewilderment at the venom directed at her by the triggered mob who don't agree with her perspective.

The negative references to her physcial appearance and style of speech are indicative of the attempts to personalise the discourse rather than address the topic she wants to debate.
But she doesn't debate, does she? She shouts and stamps her little foot demanding that people do as she says.
I confess I may well have missed it, but if you could copy and paste some of the measures she's put forward to combat climate change I would be grateful.
Thanking you in advance.

She's entitled to her view as any other individual, and the scientific investigations into climate change that have been conducted over the last few decades do back her up.

Counter arguments aren't a problem, it's the personal attacks that are the problem and rightly are scrutinised.

birdie

Post by birdie »

The Tick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Thanking you in advance.

She's entitled to her view as any other individual, and the scientific investigations into climate change that have been conducted over the last few decades do back her up.

Counter arguments aren't a problem, it's the personal attacks that are the problem and rightly are scrutinised.
That's the point, many don't believe it is her view, she's only reading a script written for her.
I'm not saying that the scientific evidence isn't there, and I know she's only parroting it, but I wanted you to copy and paste what measures/ideas she has put forward to combat climate change. She must have come up with ways of combating climate change, I just wanted you to post what she has said about how to change.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

What a hypocrite, as you never mention ANY personal issues with Boris EVEN his name, do you? And before you question the fact she's a child, she put herself in the public arena or her backers did, so has to accept the brickbats thrown her way.

Plus you keep going on about triggered and Gammon, it's just lazy posting to get a response.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

On the sunject of debate, has she ever been in a serious debate with knowlegeable scientists or been interviewd by a serious interviewer.
If yes, can you provide details, and are these available on-line?

birdie

Post by birdie »

VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:13 pm On the sunject of debate, has she ever been in a serious debate with knowlegeable scientists or been interviewd by a serious interviewer.
If yes, can you provide details, and are these available on-line?
I don't know whether any scientist has had the honour of being harangued by her, she did a soft interview with Marr the other week, I didn't take too much notice of it, but I do recall him asking her a question and she was completely flummoxed, he quickly went on to a stock question. I've seen him ask hardened politicians questions of the 'when did you stop beating your wife' variety, he let her off very easily, perhaps he was instructed by the BBC not to put questions about anything which might need a reply other than blah blah blah or how dare you.
If she has done a serious interview be in no doubt that the BBC would have been all over it, probably a special Panorama at peak time and mentions of it every half hour.
I've asked Mr Tick to put up anything she has said about how to tackle climate change, not just 'how dare you' and 'blah blah blah' but as yet he hasn't done so, but I appreciate my request might take a few minutes, after all, her solutions must be well documented.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:31 pm

What a hypocrite, as you never mention ANY personal issues with Boris EVEN his name, do you? And before you question the fact she's a child, she put herself in the public arena or her backers did, so has to accept the brickbats thrown her way.

Plus you keep going on about triggered and Gammon, it's just lazy posting to get a response.
Another incoherent mess of a post from you. Come back when you have someting intelligible and useful to say.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:06 pm
The Tick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:49 pm

Thanking you in advance.

That's the point, many don't believe it is her view, she's only reading a script written for her.
I'm not saying that the scientific evidence isn't there, and I know she's only parroting it, but I wanted you to copy and paste what measures/ideas she has put forward to combat climate change. She must have come up with ways of combating climate change, I just wanted you to post what she has said about how to change.

So one minute the alt right demonise her as a little brat with opinions above her station, the next minute they suspect she's controlled by others and just reading a script. They need to make their minds up.

Greta has made her own suggestions to both corporations and individual/domestic waste producers on how to cut environmental damage. Ranging from reduced manufacturing and utility pf non reusable plastics to using alternatives to fossil fuelling personal transport.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:26 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm It’s strange how people don’t have a crack at Sir David Attenborough with the same sort of vigour as they do with the young Greta. Not sure why that should be?
Now I might be wrong here, but Dave has 75 years experience as a broadcaster, natural historian and environmentalist, has scores of awards in various areas and is well respected worldwide. He puts his views across in a reasonable orderly manner and can answer questions on a whole range of topics.

Thunberg is a scripted PR puppet teenage militant activists, who jumps up and down using foul language, stirring up soap dodgers into a frenzy to cause as much disruption as possible, and is unable to answer most of the questions put to her.
A well thought-out post that doesn’t quite work. As Greta is re-iterating what Sir David has been saying. But more importantly, Sir David endorses Greta.

So the question still stands, why are people so eager to crack a lot the young Greta, but won’t say a word against Sir David?

Maybe there’s more going on here than meets the eye? It’s certainly one to ponder.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

birdie

Post by birdie »

JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:22 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:46 pm It’s strange how people don’t have a crack at Sir David Attenborough with the same sort of vigour as they do with the young Greta. Not sure why that should be?
Now I might be wrong here, but Dave has 75 years experience as a broadcaster, natural historian and environmentalist, has scores of awards in various areas and is well respected worldwide. He puts his views across in a reasonable orderly manner and can answer questions on a whole range of topics.

Thunberg is a scripted PR puppet teenage militant activists, who jumps up and down using foul language, stirring up soap dodgers into a frenzy to cause as much disruption as possible, and is unable to answer most of the questions put to her.
A well thought-out post that doesn’t quite work. As Greta is re-iterating what Sir David has been saying. But more importantly, Sir David endorses Greta.

So the question still stands, why are people so eager to crack a lot the young Greta, but won’t say a word against Sir David?

Maybe there’s more going on here than meets the eye? It’s certainly one to ponder.
Perhaps because Sir David says things in a calm measured manner, treating people like adults and hoping that they will take note, Greta, on the other hand, rants and raves, screeches and demands and treats adults like toddlers, you WILL do this and you WILL do that and you WILL do as I demand because I know better than you.
That is why she gets criticism and isn't, as many would like us to think, universally adored.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

birdie wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:40 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:22 am

Perhaps because Sir David says things in a calm measured manner, treating people like adults and hoping that they will take note, Greta, on the other hand, rants and raves, screeches and demands and treats adults like toddlers, you WILL do this and you WILL do that and you WILL do as I demand because I know better than you.
That is why she gets criticism and isn't, as many would like us to think, universally adored.
You could be right, but then no one has really, honestly taken much notice of what Sir David has been saying over the years in regards to climate change.

I also don’t think people universally adored Greta as you claim. It’s just that a lot of people think the criticism of her is unjust.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Personal attacks on Thunberg are completely unwarranted.

She has Asperger's syndrome, OCD and selective mutism, she should be commended for overcoming her difficulties and being able to stand in front of people and talk!!

birdie

Post by birdie »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:16 pm Personal attacks on Thunberg are completely unwarranted.

She has Asperger's syndrome, OCD and selective mutism, she should be commended for overcoming her difficulties and being able to stand in front of people and talk!!
None of which means that everyone should regard her as some kind of climate change saint, everyone is entitled to their opinion about her, some regard that as being unallowable, as, it seems, in some quarters being critical of saint Greta is a heinous crime.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

birdie wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:48 pm
Sid Pervcat wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:16 pm Personal attacks on Thunberg are completely unwarranted.

None of which means that everyone should regard her as some kind of climate change saint, everyone is entitled to their opinion about her, some regard that as being unallowable, as, it seems, in some quarters being critical of saint Greta is a heinous crime.

I didn't suggest anything saintly about her.
I'm merely stating that personal attacks against her are out of order.
By all means disagree with her.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Rugby players are the worst offenders.
Roy IN!!