The Tick

Re: Climate & Other Protesters Discussion

Post by The Tick »

birdie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am
The Tick wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:54 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 pm
The Tick wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:54 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:31 pm
The Tick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:50 pm There isn't blind loyalty to greta, just bewilderment at the venom directed at her by the triggered mob who don't agree with her perspective.

The negative references to her physcial appearance and style of speech are indicative of the attempts to personalise the discourse rather than address the topic she wants to debate.
What a hypocrite, as you never mention ANY personal issues with Boris EVEN his name, do you? And before you question the fact she's a child, she put herself in the public arena or her backers did, so has to accept the brickbats thrown her way.

Plus you keep going on about triggered and Gammon, it's just lazy posting to get a response.
Another incoherent mess of a post from you. Come back when you have someting intelligible and useful to say.
If you can't understand it, or more importantly you don't want to it's your issue not mine, plus you failed to add gammon or triggered.

So you were just too lazy or incapable of posting something sensible, and want to pass the buck to others. Come back when you want to actually debate rather than engage in some primal scream therapy.

Climate change, as affected by human activity, is real. And abusing those who highlight this shows a real lack of argument on the part of those hurling the anuse.
OK, so how do you explain the end of the Ice Age? Not much human activity then, not that many humans then, and certainly no pollution from cars or aeroplanes.

Human action over the last century or sochas dramatically affected the course of climate change, and caused other environmental damage such as the proliferation of plastics within the world's various ecosystems. All of which has had damaging effects on human and other organic life on the planet.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Thankfully all of us reading this trope will be long-gone when the human-race finally fucks itself up. I take comfort in that, when I'm in the care-home watching repeats of Tipping-Point with Ben Sheppard.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:47 pm Thankfully all of us reading this trope will be long-gone when the human-race finally fucks itself up. I take comfort in that, when I'm in the care-home watching repeats of Tipping-Point with Ben Sheppard.
Hopefully, by the time you're in a care home, that particular load of shite wont be available, even on repeats. :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

birdie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:39 pm
carcinogen wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:47 pm Thankfully all of us reading this trope will be long-gone when the human-race finally fucks itself up. I take comfort in that, when I'm in the care-home watching repeats of Tipping-Point with Ben Sheppard.
Hopefully, by the time you're in a care home, that particular load of shite wont be available, even on repeats. :lol:
But we will still be reading bollocks from the tick.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Here is one of those stories you read that really gets you annoyed. It makes you think these protesters are going about their cause in completely the wrong way.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... child.html

Male NHS worker urges Insulate Britain mob to move from Vauxhall roads so he can 'get home to my child'

Comes as hundreds of eco-activists forced Lambeth Bridge, London to shut during a march on Saturday

But upon closer scrutiny this story doesn’t quite add up.

First of all I should say that I think these protesters are going about things all the wrong way. (or maybe they’re doing it the correct way depending on your point of view).

However that aside, I’d love to know where this particular worker works and lives. As looking at the accompanying video, he’s headed straight into Central London and the Congestion Zone. Isn’t this chap the sort of person the protesters are trying to get to use their car less?

Also, if he worked in the nearby surely he would’ve known about the horrendous traffic situation and taken evasive actions to avoid that area? Why is this guy heading straight towards Lambeth Bridge?

This all just seems like another opportunity for this particular news outfit to whip up their readership into a frenzy. Which doesn’t help the cause on either side. Also LBC aren’t blameless in this either.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:44 am
The Tick wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:54 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:35 pm
The Tick wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:54 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:31 pm
The Tick wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:50 pm There isn't blind loyalty to greta, just bewilderment at the venom directed at her by the triggered mob who don't agree with her perspective.

The negative references to her physcial appearance and style of speech are indicative of the attempts to personalise the discourse rather than address the topic she wants to debate.
What a hypocrite, as you never mention ANY personal issues with Boris EVEN his name, do you? And before you question the fact she's a child, she put herself in the public arena or her backers did, so has to accept the brickbats thrown her way.

Plus you keep going on about triggered and Gammon, it's just lazy posting to get a response.
Another incoherent mess of a post from you. Come back when you have someting intelligible and useful to say.
If you can't understand it, or more importantly you don't want to it's your issue not mine, plus you failed to add gammon or triggered.

So you were just too lazy or incapable of posting something sensible, and want to pass the buck to others. Come back when you want to actually debate rather than engage in some primal scream therapy.

Climate change, as affected by human activity, is real. And abusing those who highlight this shows a real lack of argument on the part of those hurling the anuse.
OK, so how do you explain the end of the Ice Age? Not much human activity then, not that many humans then, and certainly no pollution from cars or aeroplanes.
How do you explain the fastest rise in temperature in history?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Man U and rangers

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:59 pm
Fucking hell, that guy Kurten is one of the most stupid twats Twitter has ever seen, and that's saying something :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

David is accounting for the freezing ice melting into the sea. Something known about for 30 years.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

subsub wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Fucking hell, that guy Kurten is one of the most stupid twats Twitter has ever seen, and that's saying something :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Whose more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022