In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
m4rkb wrote:It'll pan out like this.

We'll be back in the second the reigns of No 10 change to someone other than a Brexit supporter.

All that money for just nodding through the next thing the EU dictates will be too much to resist. Plus the EU owes a few thank-yous to certain supporters.

I suspect some dirt will be dug up on Boris & he will have to resign.

The Establishment won't give up this easily. They will do everything they can to derail Brexit or ensure we just end up with BRINO

Absolutely no chance Steve. You did predict a hung parliament and this didn't happen so why would Johnson who has bullshitted his way through the last few months, has the media and the hard right in his pocket and won by a landslide suddenly have some kind of scandal force him out? :?

Lawnsy, I think Boris only cares about Boris.

Brexit was his vehicle to get into No: 10.

If the Establishment twist his arm, he will happily accommodate them if it means he remains PM.

I agree with that. Just cannot understand how he won with an 80 odd majority.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Gorgeous George Galloway came in 6th place in West Brom East , with a massive 489 votes. Back to Sputnik.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Gorgeous George Galloway came in 6th place in West Brom East , with a massive 489 votes. Back to Sputnik.

I watched him speak months ago in perversely a neighbouring constituency, that’s a pretty shite return on his deposit.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I can.

Labour has been found out as not representing their core voters since a long time ago. Their MPs have dominated them for years and achieved next to nothing the Tories haven't when given the chance. Add to that a raft of ridiculous crap such as complete open door immigration, plus immediate access to benefits and housing, denial of Brexit and one look at the Front bench and they opted for Boris in droves.

It was a small 'c' socially conservative vote not a ringing endorsement for rampant capitalism which would still be better than what Corbyn had in store.

Listeners to non remain echo chambers whew this a long time ago because all those northern voices phoned into stations to say so.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:I can.

Labour has been found out as not representing their core voters since a long time ago. Their MPs have dominated them for years and achieved next to nothing the Tories haven't when given the chance. Add to that a raft of ridiculous crap such as complete open door immigration, plus immediate access to benefits and housing, denial of Brexit and one look at the Front bench and they opted for Boris in droves.

It was a small 'c' socially conservative vote not a ringing endorsement for rampant capitalism which would still be better than what Corbyn had in store.

Listeners to non remain echo chambers whew this a long time ago because all those northern voices phoned into stations to say so.

Turkeys voting for Christmas. There are a lot of incredibly stupid people out there. Many more than I thought which is quite alarming for the future of this country.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Vespa wrote:Going to be interesting to see what Johnson and Cummings will do with this majority. He doesn't need the ERG anymore and has a free hand.

I'd say his biggest problem (other than Brexit) is Scotland, Vespa
I agree it'll be a toe to toe knockdown fight.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
subsub wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:Image

Corbyn is a total liability, that's true. Glad he's off.
But it is mystifying that so many working-class people have voted for Boris Johnson, a former member of the Bullingdon Club no less, and one of the most privileged individuals who ever lived.

Tune into LBC now, Sub

O'Brien is asking the very same question

Nah, can't be doing with that.

The reality for me is that it makes very little difference to my life who's in power - Tory or Labour, it really doesn't make that much difference.
It won't really affect how much money is coming in, or anything major like that.

But it will be very interesting to see how the next few years pan out.
Let's assume Brexit happens, then Boris will spend a few years sorting that out, then that is off the table completely, and thankfully we will get back to talking about education, health, defence etc and the things that matter.

Really?
I thought this election was all about stopping brexit and the financial disaster that would certainly follow?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

kancutlawns wrote:

Turkeys voting for Christmas. There are a lot of incredibly stupid people out there. Many more than I thought which is quite alarming for the future of this country.

No cannot call anyone stupid for rejecting that rabble of 70's Marxists who would do more damage to the country than ten brexits

As the saying goes. They can't all be wrong.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Corbyn is a useless twat who was unfit for purpose. But he’l be gone and Momentum too hopefully. Lots of idiots who couldn’t see this and some were traditional Labour voters. They voted to saddle their constituencies for the next few years at least with a government for the few who don’t give a fuck about them so your blustering DM level comments have no basis in fact.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:

Always the good loser Lawns, loads of stupid people somehow got this all wrong.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Loser? You don’t even know which was I voted del so cut that shit out now. You really need to absorb what people write here.

subsub

Post by subsub »

We'll be back in the second the reigns of No 10 change to someone other than a Brexit supporter

Do you really think so, m4rk?
I think once we're out, we're out.
WOKE AND PROUD

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

subsub wrote:

We'll be back in the second the reigns of No 10 change to someone other than a Brexit supporter

Do you really think so, m4rk?
I think once we're out, we're out.

Well lets put it like this. One of the reasons why I voted to leave is because it looks likely to become a bigger and bigger gravy train with some big financial pats on the back for its advocates. When they eventually introduce EU wide taxation they will fill their boots properly.

The politicians we have already are hard enough to hold to account here but I see that not being achievable at all the more and more federal it gets.

The smaller things are the more accountable they are IMO

If in the future the EU did something you seriously objected to, do you think you would have any type of voice they would listen to because I don't.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Corbyn is a total liability, that's true. Glad he's off.
But it is mystifying that so many working-class people have voted for Boris Johnson, a former member of the Bullingdon Club no less, and one of the most privileged individuals who ever lived.

It's more mystifying that 10.3m people wanted Corbyn as PM
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

birdie wrote:So, how many of you stayed up to watch the result?

I'm afraid I gave up at 5.45 and went to bed :? :?
I did, but only because I was sitting in A&E with someone.