The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

Post by Royal24s »

subsub wrote:
Royal24s wrote:I will say - because it's pertinent to this thread - the Christian view is that it's your choice but you really should accept the right of others to have different views and beliefs.
Now, referring to this and every other subject I mentioned, I'm all for tolerance , but what the left demand is acceptance, which is a different thing

Thank you, Brother Royals.
Just so I'm clear, then:
- the Christian view about homosexuality is that you really should accept the right of others to have different views and beliefs.
Wow, that's really big of them! :lol:
No wonder so many Christians are homophobic.

You really shouldn't try to make every topic about homosexuality or attacking people's religion. You're getting back to name calling and there's not much point in answering you if you're just going to do that instead of engaging.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

subsub

Post by subsub »

Royal24s wrote:
subsub wrote:
Royal24s wrote:I will say - because it's pertinent to this thread - the Christian view is that it's your choice but you really should accept the right of others to have different views and beliefs.
Now, referring to this and every other subject I mentioned, I'm all for tolerance , but what the left demand is acceptance, which is a different thing

Thank you, Brother Royals.
Just so I'm clear, then:
- the Christian view about homosexuality is that you really should accept the right of others to have different views and beliefs.
Wow, that's really big of them! :lol:
No wonder so many Christians are homophobic.

You really shouldn't try to make every topic about homosexuality or attacking people's religion. You're getting back to name calling and there's not much point in answering you if you're just going to do that instead of engaging.

Keen to avoid thread drift here, but it's hardly a shock revelation to say that some (quite a few, in fact) Christians are homophobic.
But let's get back on topic.
WOKE AND PROUD

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Thank fuck those medieval DUP wankers are out of the picture. That's all I am thankful for. Being held under the gun by Arlene fucking Foster. This woman's wet dream is to descend the world back to the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. She'd fucking love that. Honestly, how can any sane person be AGAINST a woman's 'right to choose'? It's utterly fucking ridiculous. You should know my position by now regarding abortion, I don't think a man has the right to give any opinion on it because a man can never carry a child. Obviously, I've fucked-up my own argument. But Arlene Foster pisses me off something rotten. Something had to give, even if it was me undermining my original point. Thank fuck the DUP are irrelevant. Who votes for these wankers? Bas, you're in Norn' Ireland, fill me in. Who are these fuckwits exactly? I am guessing uneducated brainwashed religious wankers with a terrible case of self-loathing.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

David Starkey is a national treasure! Brilliant interview.
Momentum and the Labour Party are modern day witch burners and Puritans, and we must never forget the foundations of our democracy and freedom. We should also remember that the European Union is not Europe; the former is growing superstate, not a continent.
Describing Boris' landslide win as Churchillian is a bit bold, though. Although I agree that progressive Conservatism has failed significantly (for example, the 26–30 railcard policy will never persuade me vote Tory), I don't see the problem with gays and lesbians marrying in church.

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I see that Labour are wheeling in champion bacon sarnie eater Milliband to review Labour's failure at the GE.

'Labour Together, which describes itself as a network of activists from all traditions, is setting up a commission to "map out a route back to power". :lol:

I could save them the trouble.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50888060
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

A route that will be set in Ed's Stone.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/eu_referen ... cial?pg=20

Sees Mumsnet were not pro-Boris, Digispy was similar.
Enough salt to grit the whole road network if we get snow.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.