Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: The Winter 2019 General Election Thread

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
PG30 wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:Nige is playing a blinder.
No chance of a second,third fourth or fifth referendum !!

I’m not sure the brexit mps he has stood down think he is playing a blinder

In fact a lot of his own party members are calling him a traitor and a fraud and demanding their money back

He's cocked up big time but will assist getting Brexit through

And how do you think he's gonna do that if, as seem likely, we will either have another hung parliament or a remain coalition government?

Do you think the outcome would be any different if farage hadn't taken this action steve?

No, Roy.

Brexit (in the short term at least) is doomed. It will be cancelled next year. Of that, I am certain because Boris will not win an outright majority. And even if he does, his deal is pretty much as bad as May's. It certainly isn't Brexit. Farage should have stuck to his principles and fought the election nationwide. Although I suspect they'd have had little impact, the Brexit Party would have established itself as a serious long term political party.

And therefore be a force for the battles that lie ahead in the next decade or so. The establishment will do it's best to bury Brexit. But try as they might, this issue will re-appear in the future. The Brexit Party would have been the obvious channel for this.

However, by making a one sided pact with the Tories where he gets NOTHING BACK IN RETURN, I suspect many people (like me) regard this as a total sell out. After 25 years fighting against the EU, Farage has destroyed his credibility in one foul swoop.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote: it is now up to the tories to prove they really want brexit, and reciprocate.

Well, good luck with that, Roy.

Firstly, I have always thought Boris a lukewarm Brexiteer at best. He's far more interested in power than Brexit itself. he's used it very skillfully as a vehicle to get the top job. However, his Brexit credentials are questionable to put it mildly.

Secondly, we have seen the ERG & the likes of JRM completely cave in by supporting Boris's awful deal. True colours have finally shone through with this rabble. Power before all else. So it's not as if Boris is going to have them on his back 24/7 ensuring a Brexit that you & I would like.

Thirdly, with the Tory Party set to lose all it's Scottish seats, I cannot see how they can possibly form a majority government. With or without Farage/Brexit party.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote: What better way to hold Boris Johnson’s feet to the fire than standing down candidates for nothing in return.

A couple of weeks ago Nigel Farage had a list of demands. The Tories publicly told him to sod off and he did what they wanted anyway.

No wonder Brexit Party members are scratching their heads.

A rare moment on here, Ralph.

I completely agree with you

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote: it is now up to the tories to prove they really want brexit, and reciprocate.

Firstly, I have always thought Boris a lukewarm Brexiteer at best. He's far more interested in power than Brexit itself. he's used it very skillfully as a vehicle to get the top job. However, his Brexit credentials are questionable to put it mildly.

Secondly, we have seen the ERG & the likes of JRM completely cave in by supporting Boris's awful deal. True colours have finally shone through with this rabble. Power before all else. So it's not as if Boris is going to have them on his back 24/7 ensuring a Brexit that you & I would like.

Thirdly, with the Tory Party set to lose all it's Scottish seats, I cannot see how they can possibly form a majority government. With or without Farage/Brexit party.

Spoke to a politically engaged Tory up north and was surprised at his take. Brexit is obviously one of the top issues however there’s quite a few others building up with the Scottish government (effectiveness, scandal, cronyism) so they may not make the gains that some expect. Whilst the SNP will increase the number of their seats in this election, they suspect the split of the vote will be along the usual 45% for pro-independence parties and 55% for Unionist parties. The number of seats changing hands will probably rest on the turnout in some key constituencies.

One thing for certain is Labour are really struggling and not on the way back any time soon.
There's no poem, just prose.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:

I have little time for any of the mainstream parties and agree that they are more interested in power than principle.
But - I don't see how Farage's gesture is in any way some sort of error of judgement - he is doing what he can to offset the 'remain coalition' - the remainers want to push the idea that he's doing it for a peerage or somesuch, because it suits their agenda, but I think he just accepts that one outcome that is far far worse that the withdrawal agreement is a remain coalition government, and this gesture is all he can do.
I just don't see what else he could have done.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Lou Grant

Post by Lou Grant »

Boris is pro EU - he articulated all the benefits of membership quite clearly on his recent trip to Northern Ireland. He doubtless dug out the pro remain article he wrote for the Telegraph to refresh his memory.

His switch to leave was only for personal reasons - more chance of getting in power and because he'd fallen out with pig boy.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

One for Steve and the gang

A joyless arsehole.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Spoke to a politically engaged Tory up north and was surprised at his take. Brexit is obviously one of the top issues however there’s quite a few others building up with the Scottish government (effectiveness, scandal, cronyism) so they may not make the gains that some expect. Whilst the SNP will increase the number of their seats in this election, they suspect the split of the vote will be along the usual 45% for pro-independence parties and 55% for Unionist parties. The number of seats changing hands will probably rest on the turnout in some key constituencies.

One thing for certain is Labour are really struggling and not on the way back any time soon.

You liar.
A joyless arsehole.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Seems like there have been talks going on between the tories & Brexit party, - let's see how the picture looks after 4pm today:

https://news.sky.com/story/general-elec ... e-11860686
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote:Seems like there have been talks going on between the tories & Brexit party, - let's see how the picture looks after 4pm today:

Whatever talks may be happening, how can Farage trust Johnson?

I know I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Seems like there have been talks going on between the tories & Brexit party, - let's see how the picture looks after 4pm today:

Whatever talks may be happening, how can Farage trust Johnson?

I know I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.

I'd apply that lack of trust to 99% of mainstream politicians.
I think if johnson reneged on any agreement, farage has a loud enough voice to make it known widely, and it would undoubtedly be detrimental to the tories' electoral hopes, and after all, that's all that johnson cares about.
E & OE

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Why does Farage continue to get so much media attention?

He's a cunt and irrelevant
A joyless arsehole.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

shabbado wrote:Why does Farage continue to get so much media attention?

It’s interesting, his brexit party are going to win no seats

I could form a party that also wins no seats

I’m also a cunt

Where’s my media attention

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

PG30 wrote:

It’s interesting, his brexit party are going to win no seats

I could form a party that also wins no seats

I’m also a cunt

Where’s my media attention

Can I be the first to pay you £100, so I can’t stand at the Election for your party?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

subsub

Post by subsub »

There's a great thread on Twitter about Farage and how he's set up The Brexit Party as a company, not a political party, so he is not accountable to the normal political party rules when it comes to donations and funding etc

Such a slippery cunt.
WOKE AND PROUD