2020 FIFA World Club Cup

Anything sportlike
kevin04

Re: 2020 FIFA World Club Cup

Post by kevin04 »

I love Alco's love for the WCC.

I noticed a few results on livescore, but forgot to keep an eye on what's going on. I think Bayern play this week?

Is this on anywhere, Alco? I player or so?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

BBC are showing the matches. IF not TV, bring up the BBC site. Bayern play Egyptians Al Ahly at 6 p.m today . The first Mexican team to reach the final which is nice because they were always drawn against the Europeans in previous semi-finals. Final on Thursday.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

VAR is stinking. If this is to be used, it needs to be less cluttery, delayed and over-used.

I watched the final, Alco. Tigres did well at points, but didn't really threaten.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

You're getting mauled by the Tigres

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Palmeiras shame Sao Paulo, Brazil and South America, no goals , missing four pens and finishing fourth.
After this performance this tournament will never go back to a one-off game (as Alan Brazil and Andy Jacobs would prefer)
with South Americans losing five semi-finals in 11 years.
In fact FIFA intend on expanding it.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Two Crows

Post by Two Crows »

AlcoholBrazil wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:09 am Palmeiras shame Sao Paulo, Brazil and South America, no goals , missing four pens and finishing fourth.
After this performance this tournament will never go back to a one-off game (as Alan Brazil and Andy Jacobs would prefer)
with South Americans losing five semi-finals in 11 years.
In fact FIFA intend on expanding it.
South American leagues have been hit hard by moneybags Europe. I'm aware the very top South American players have always made their way to the top European clubs, but even more so in the last twenty years or so. Even an above average Brazilian can now earn a move to a European club. Some eastern European clubs have at least 4 or 5 South Americans in their squads these days, unheard of twenty years ago.

With all due respect I guess it leaves the talent back home pretty low. The Boca's, Santos, River Plate's of today are probably on a par with the Mexicans and North African's clubs these days. Recent results in the World Club Cup would certainly indicate this.
Dieu Le Roi.