London Bridge stabbings

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: London Bridge stabbings

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:What do you think is the best way to deal with convicted terrorists Hillman?
Of course keep them separate until there is no threat. Not the same as people here are saying.

Do you think the public should be protected from the likes of he who murdered three people yesterday?

Of course. But most of the terror attacks we have been from people with no previous. Your answer?

Do you think it's worth the risk to allow them back into society?

When you know they are not a threat. That takes judgement . Our system is way too under-resourced to do that

If so, what do you think the criteria should be for doing so?
I think that's something for professional assessment.

I don't know enough about the circumstances here but neither do you.
And of course m4krb isn't bothered about evidence of any sort. Just another chance to wheel out the "leftie establishment" bollocks
Go back over the threads and pick up those where a previous offender has re-offended. Whatever the offence,
Then look at the stuff on here about "throwing away the key".
Then remember that the UK has more people locked up per capita than anywhere in Western Europe
Look at the overload in the prison service and the chronic overcrowding.
Ask yourself about the wisdom of making all that worse.
Not a moral argument, a practical one.
Over 100 people a day are released from our prisons and the great majority do not re-offend.

That may be because we sadly have more cases of serious crime than most EU countries (although I believe that Sweden has now overtaken us in the 'sexual assault' category (I wonder why).
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

paolo

Post by paolo »

Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

paolo wrote:

Why does it not surprise me in the slightest that paolo watches these ludicrous conspiracy-theory YouTube channels? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

paolo

Post by paolo »

subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:

Why does it not surprise me in the slightest that paolo watches these ludicrous conspiracy-theory YouTube channels? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You missed my earlier post, subbles

The clue is in Dave :-)

As an aside, what did our hero dispose of on the bridge?
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:

You missed my earlier post, subbles

The clue is in Dave :-)

As an aside, what did our hero dispose of on the bridge?

:lol:

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. In no way was it his weekend supply of gak
A joyless arsehole.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Roy Twing wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Zambo wrote:What do you think is the best way to deal with convicted terrorists Hillman?
Of course keep them separate until there is no threat. Not the same as people here are saying.

Do you think the public should be protected from the likes of he who murdered three people yesterday?

Of course. But most of the terror attacks we have been from people with no previous. Your answer?

When you know they are not a threat. That takes judgement . Our system is way too under-resourced to do that

And of course m4krb isn't bothered about evidence of any sort. Just another chance to wheel out the "leftie establishment" bollocks
Go back over the threads and pick up those where a previous offender has re-offended. Whatever the offence,
Then remember that the UK has more people locked up per capita than anywhere in Western Europe
Over 100 people a day are released from our prisons and the great majority do not re-offend.

That may be because we sadly have more cases of serious crime than most EU countries (although I believe that Sweden has now overtaken us in the 'sexual assault' category (I wonder why).

Ireland, France, Italy and Belgium all have higher rates of serious crime.
But high as ours is, surely that demonstrates that locking people up isn't deterring crime.
BTW the one country with a larger prison population, the US , also has a higher serious crime rate than us.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:

The big problem is that people who make these decisions think like you. That is to say you seem quite happy to put the public's life at risk so we can make it more cushy for criminal scum with less crowded prisons.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote: Ireland, France, Italy and Belgium all have higher rates of serious crime.
What is your source for this?
By 'serious crime' I specifically meant 'violent crime' by the way.
Hillman avenger wrote: But high as ours is, surely that demonstrates that locking people up isn't deterring crime.

Yes, - I have to accept that you are absolutely faultless with your logic this time.
We should close down all prisons (maybe spend a few £billion to spruce them up and turn them into accommodation for the ever increasing numbers of homeless migrants) and should in future give all rapists, drug dealers and violent thugs a slap on the wrist and tell them play nice in future.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

The big problem is that people who make these decisions think like you. That is to say you seem quite happy to put the public's life at risk so we can make it more cushy for criminal scum with less crowded prisons.

You don't get away with that.
Nobody is arguing that we should not have prisons.
I am pointing out that the vast majority of early release causes no problem. But the prospect of early release has a big effect on prisoner conduct . Take that away , in overcrowded and under-resourced prisons and watch the effect.
The prison where in fact, people are intensively radicalised.
It would be lunatic.
There is an inescapable lack of logic in doing some thing that doesn't work, twice as much.
And finally that the great majority of terrorist we have had, have not been in prison anyway.
And, of course, Johnson can't help jumping on a passing bandwagon. utterly predictable. So question: if you thought this, why has this not been implemented since 2010?
In fact automatic release of terrorists has not been the case since 2008. Not that Johnson knows or cares. Who was in power then?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It takes just one to end a life or lives like this person did. The safety of the public is number one, and where there is a risk there should be no release. Anyone who is found guilty of murder should never get out. The chance of reoffending is then zero.

Hillman avenger

That is unsustainable.
As far as this incident is concerned, try listening before judging.
In particular the history of this government being told, in 2016, that its cuts in prison service spending, rehab services and the depletion and dumbing-down of probation would lead to something like this. You turn prison into an intense school for terrorism.
But of course that twat Gove was Justice Secretary and ignored most of it.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

What am I supposed to listen to other than someone was let out of prison and they killed people. Sustainability comes before that? They need to ensure there is enough prison space to accommodate murderers end of. Spending millions on rehab on the other hand is wasting millions.

paolo

Post by paolo »

the video showing the filth holding the knife and throwing away his cocaine has been removed due to 'hate speech'

most queer
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

paolo

Post by paolo »

Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Supporting Texas

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:It takes just one to end a life or lives like this person did. The safety of the public is number one, and where there is a risk there should be no release. Anyone who is found guilty of murder should never get out. The chance of reoffending is then zero.

Yes and it's worth mentioning that this man would not have been released except for the intervention of the EU Court in the matter of release dates.
It's also worth noting that both the deceased were there that day in the furtherance of yet more liberal policies toward convicts.

We could accept your idea of physically preventing potential killers from roaming the streets, or we could go down the Hillman / BBC route of providing them with more youth clubs and roller skates. Most people in the world at large would see the plain common sense answer to that dilemma, but I expect there will be a lot of supporters of the other solution here.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".