Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Reg

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Reg »

Zambo wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:52 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:29 am I asked becasue i'd seen a mention of Fergie and it was often said the he intimidated refs. Wouldn't this have been rubbish?
Would officials really be worried about what ha said. they had the aiuthorities on their side.
There are strong and weak refs just as there are in any group of people. I think that some may well have been influenced and wanted to keep him sweet as often as possible without making it glaringly obvious.
And then there's Mark Clattenburg...
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Referee gives a penalty as Villa goalkeeper Martinez apparently bundles St Maximin off the ball in the area and gives him a yellow card. VAR overturns the penalty as the Newcastle player was offside. Can the yellow card be overturned on appeal?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A yellow card cannot be challenged in normal circumstances. Moreover, Martinez didn't know it was offside. However, it will be interesting to see if Villa try to appeal based on the fact that if the offside was given, then play would have stopped before the challenge was made. As for VAR itself it cannot rescind a yellow card, but it can award one. Reports say that the card should have been red another debating point.

Interesting to see what happens.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Nice one.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Watched the Man City vs Southampton match on MOTD earlier and was quite incredulous with the useless fat fuck John Moss overturning his own decision to award a penalty to Southampton and send Walker off after a lunge in the area on Armstrong. I’ve not watched it many times over or listened to the media’s take on it largely because of the obvious bias and them downplaying Moss’s volte face. What possible grounds did he have to disallow the penalty as it looked fairly clear cut end for good measure, Walker ended up lying on top of Armstrong.

Oh and City are a bunch of cheapskate cunts relying on Wowcher chasing excursion wankers to populate their edifice of a Premier League ground.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reg

Post by Reg »

The twat at Anfield today was even worse than Moss.

A homer of the old school, with VAR nowhere to be seen.
Roy IN!!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:29 am Watched the Man City vs Southampton match on MOTD earlier and was quite incredulous with the useless fat fuck John Moss overturning his own decision to award a penalty to Southampton and send Walker off after a lunge in the area on Armstrong. I’ve not watched it many times over or listened to the media’s take on it largely because of the obvious bias and them downplaying Moss’s volte face. What possible grounds did he have to disallow the penalty as it looked fairly clear cut end for good measure, Walker ended up lying on top of Armstrong.

Oh and City are a bunch of cheapskate cunts relying on Wowcher chasing excursion wankers to populate their edifice of a Premier League ground.
Moss is useless and unfit, he is nearly always behind play.

Observations on last nights MOD

Blatant penalties should have been awarded to Palace, Norwich and Leeds.

City v Saints

Deffo pen, Walker lunged across Armstrong and was nowhere near the ball and Armstrong was last man, so he got it right then got it wrong. Fuck knows why.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Andy Madley was as bad a case of a homer ref as I have seen for a long time in the Liverpool v Palace game.

How he is reffing at Premier League level is a mystery.
Roy IN!!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Reg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:19 am Andy Madley was as bad a case of a homer ref as I have seen for a long time in the Liverpool v Palace game.

His body language was weird when Liverpool scored, he seemed rather excited.

gheko

Post by gheko »

Zambo wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm
Reg wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:19 am Andy Madley was as bad a case of a homer ref as I have seen for a long time in the Liverpool v Palace game.

He got an erection?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

gheko wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:53 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:10 pm

He got an erection?
He signaled the goals with a good deal of flambouyancy. :D

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Homers at Anfield, well bugger me sideways. :rolleyes:

Looks like the supply of asthmatic inhalers is back to normal.
There's no poem, just prose.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

How the hell did VAR miss Vestergaard having his arm pulled and dragged by Maupay for the Brighton penalty?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

JW90 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:46 pm How the hell did VAR miss Vestergaard having his arm pulled and dragged by Maupay for the Brighton penalty?
That's the sort of incident which results in claims that refs (and those running VAR) are bent. I have always said that although most of the refs are of a poor standard, they are honest, but this sort of omission makes you wonder.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Lack of consistency again. Leicester goal disallowed last week when a header from a corner goes in because an offside player is impacting the keeper. Villa goal today allowed to stand.