Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Zambo wrote:VAR is a good idea in principle, and it was obvious we would have teething problems, but what has happened with inconsistency and diabolical decisions has been nothing short of a disgrace. Let's not forget these people behind the screen are watching it time and time again, and then in slow motion, and still get it wrong. I think they should be left with offsides, and let anything which would result in a direct free kick or a dismissal, should be decided by the match referee. It's lucky really that they are on such good salaries, else I'm sure some would have walked this season. I can't see any enjoyment for match officials these days.

Not much fun for us fans either. With clueless fuckers at Heathrow wrecking games up and down the country, week after week. Teething problems my arse. Next season will be no better....

Leaving aside my opinion of the perversion that is Rugby Union...

Do you object to the use of technology in that so-called sport?

If the use of technology in Rugby was as bad as the PL this season, then yes i'd object.

What's the difference, in your opinion?

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, at Selhurst Park, VAR decision, a straight red. For me that was correct and i have no problem with that. A few weeks later at Stamford Bridge, Giovani Lo Celso nearly breaks Azpilicueta leg and VAR didn't even deem the incident worthy of a yellow card.Next week, the week after that, and the week after that, football fans will have to put up with these joke officials making joke decisions.
Yes, Rugby at times do get things wrong, but not to the point where it's wrecking the fans enjoyment week after week.

I get all the stuff about the problems with football VAR, but what do the rugby perverts actually do to make theirs better? Or is it just that they are allowed to do more or less anything, so there are fewer rules to curb their bestial tendencies?

Sorry, i don't know. It's works in Rugby, i doubt it will ever work in football. Do you think VAR will be significantly better, in lets say two seasons time ?
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Zambo wrote:VAR is a good idea in principle, and it was obvious we would have teething problems, but what has happened with inconsistency and diabolical decisions has been nothing short of a disgrace. Let's not forget these people behind the screen are watching it time and time again, and then in slow motion, and still get it wrong. I think they should be left with offsides, and let anything which would result in a direct free kick or a dismissal, should be decided by the match referee. It's lucky really that they are on such good salaries, else I'm sure some would have walked this season. I can't see any enjoyment for match officials these days.

Not much fun for us fans either. With clueless fuckers at Heathrow wrecking games up and down the country, week after week. Teething problems my arse. Next season will be no better....

Leaving aside my opinion of the perversion that is Rugby Union...

Do you object to the use of technology in that so-called sport?

If the use of technology in Rugby was as bad as the PL this season, then yes i'd object.

What's the difference, in your opinion?

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, at Selhurst Park, VAR decision, a straight red. For me that was correct and i have no problem with that. A few weeks later at Stamford Bridge, Giovani Lo Celso nearly breaks Azpilicueta leg and VAR didn't even deem the incident worthy of a yellow card.Next week, the week after that, and the week after that, football fans will have to put up with these joke officials making joke decisions.
Yes, Rugby at times do get things wrong, but not to the point where it's wrecking the fans enjoyment week after week.

I get all the stuff about the problems with football VAR, but what do the rugby perverts actually do to make theirs better? Or is it just that they are allowed to do more or less anything, so there are fewer rules to curb their bestial tendencies?

Sorry, i don't know. It's works in Rugby, i doubt it will ever work in football. Do you think VAR will be significantly better, in lets say two seasons time ?

Yes, I do think it will be better.
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Not with the likes of David Coote sat at Heathrow with his white stick next to the TV monitor.
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:Not with the likes of David Coote sat at Heathrow with his white stick next to the TV monitor.

Reported for disable-ist language.
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:Not with the likes of David Coote sat at Heathrow with his white stick next to the TV monitor.

Seriously Reg, this time next season we'll still be talking about the same VAR problems.
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:

Seriously Reg, this time next season we'll still be talking about the same VAR problems.

I am divided on the issue.

On the one hand, I am a traditionalist, and am anti-anything that changes the game.

On the other hand, last year I said to my mates at Palace that VAR would be a massive advantage to us.

Not an unfair advantage, but we would start getting our just desserts.

If you support a big club, you really can’t appreciate what it’s like to get shafted season after season with key decisions going against you all the time.

This year is the first time ever in the top division that I have no complaints about decisons costing us points.

And we have had goals disallowed by VAR by the way.
Roy IN!!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VAR won't work unless there are competent people behind the screen, and that isn't going to happen. That is unless they pull in decent sex refs, like Hackett who use to manage the PGMOL a lot better than the clown Riley.

The match referee must have the final say after looking at the pitch monitor and being alerted by VAR. VAR should only be involved in making decisions that are technical.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Reg

Post by Reg »

Zambo wrote:VAR won't work unless there are competent people behind the screen, and that isn't going to happen. That is unless they pull in decent sex refs, like Hackett who use to manage the PGMOL a lot better than the clown Riley.

The match referee must have the final say after looking at the pitch monitor and being alerted by VAR. VAR should only be involved in making decisions that are technical.

:shock:
Roy IN!!

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:

On the one hand, I am a traditionalist, and am anti-anything that changes the game.

On the other hand, last year I said to my mates at Palace that VAR would be a massive advantage to us.

If you support a big club, you really can’t appreciate what it’s like to get shafted season after season with key decisions going against you all the time.

This year is the first time ever in the top division that I have no complaints about decisons costing us points.

The chip in the ball. Has the whole of the ball crossed the line ? Yes, that's fine.... The rest of it can fuck right off !
Forever In Our Shadow

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:

The chip in the ball. Has the whole of the ball crossed the line ? Yes, that's fine.... The rest of it can fuck right off !

Typical big club mentality. :roll:
Roy IN!!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Reg wrote:
Zambo wrote:VAR won't work unless there are competent people behind the screen, and that isn't going to happen. That is unless they pull in decent sex refs, like Hackett who use to manage the PGMOL a lot better than the clown Riley.

:shock:

Proves I've got it on the brain Reg, although the s is quite close to the e on the keyboard. Well that's my excuse anyway. :D

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
Reg wrote:

Typical big club mentality. :roll:

It's not about the size of a club, it's about getting the correct decisions. This season VAR has shown that it's not capable of doing that.
If David Coote couldn't see that blatant red card at Chelsea on Saturday, then there's little point in carrying on with it.
Last weekend was a complete disaster.
Forever In Our Shadow

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Can't work it out unless he has assessed that Lo Celso's foot didn't engage with his brain and he didn't see Azpilicueta's leg. Too ridiculous for words, but what other option, unless he is a cheat.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:Can't work it out unless he has assessed that Lo Celso's foot didn't engage with his brain and he didn't see Azpilicueta's leg. Too ridiculous for words, but what other option, unless he is a cheat.

That can be the only explanation.
Forever In Our Shadow

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

I heard on a radio programme that he had VARed two matches that day. Tired ? Eye strain?