Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
Sinbad

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Sinbad »

spurs player is in the penalty area, he is clearly having his shirt pulled by a Sunderland player as the ball comes into the box. I'm thinking, that a penalty. Both Glenn Hoddle and Robbie Savage say spurs should have been awarded a penalty. Then we hear from Howard Webb...
It wasn't a penalty as minimal force was used.... :shock:

So what Webb is saying, it's ok to shirt pull on the pitch, as long as you don't tug at the shirt too hard.

What a load of bollocks, no wonder the games in such a mess if that's the view of the technical director of the professional game match officials..

Absolute joke.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Danny Kelly is on talkSPORT, going on about the same thing.... ^^^^^^
Forever In Our Shadow

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sinbad wrote:spurs player is in the penalty area, he is clearly having his shirt pulled by a Sunderland player as the ball comes into the box. I'm thinking, that a penalty. Both Glenn Hoddle and Robbie Savage say spurs should have been awarded a penalty. Then we hear from Howard Webb...

So what Webb is saying, it's ok to shirt pull on the pitch, as long as you don't tug at the shirt too hard.

What a load of bollocks, no wonder the games in such a mess if that's the view of the technical director of the professional game match officials..

Absolute joke.
No wonder Howard Webb moved from being Technical Director of the PGMOL to talk talking shite on a TV channel with other tossers. Minimal force has fuck all to do with it. You put your hands on another player and it's an offence. Pulling someone's shirt is just one of many many offences that the current batch of so called elite officials is getting wrong or ignoring.

The problem is the PGMOL is an island. No website, no means of communication. The League Managers Assoc and PFA should get on a boat and beat their fucking doors down until something is done about it.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Zambo wrote:
Sinbad wrote:spurs player is in the penalty area, he is clearly having his shirt pulled by a Sunderland player as the ball comes into the box. I'm thinking, that a penalty. Both Glenn Hoddle and Robbie Savage say spurs should have been awarded a penalty. Then we hear from Howard Webb...

Absolute joke.
No wonder Howard Webb moved from being Technical Director of the PGMOL to talk talking shite on a TV channel with other tossers. Minimal force has fuck all to do with it. You put your hands on another player and it's an offence. Pulling someone's shirt is just one of many many offences that the current batch of so called elite officials is getting wrong or ignoring.

It was an unbelievable thing for Webb to come out with. At first i thought id misheard Webb. The commentator, who i think was Ian Darke sounded a bit shocked, then went on to say that Hoddle and Savage were giving each other funny looks, after Webbs assessment of the incident.

I'd love to know how much BT are paying Webb.
Forever In Our Shadow

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A bucket load. Premier League refs are on £65k or thereabouts and £1k match fee. Some refs have done 18 games this season so you can work it out. That is not counting FA Cup match fees. I don't think he would have jacked in reffing to become PGMOL TD if he didn't have a substantial rise, and to then move to BT, probably 150k at a guess.

mistymorning

Post by mistymorning »

mark wrote:Charlie Adam has form for this sort of thing. When he was at Liverpool there were a couple of matches where he went after bale in a bad way.

Fuckin deserved it the diving wee shitehawk

antdad

Post by antdad »

Someone just needs to go after pikey Adams badly...nothing too serious just a little studs up knee capping, just enough to make him retire like.

mistymorning

Post by mistymorning »

antdad wrote:Someone just needs to go after pikey Adams badly...nothing too serious just a little studs up knee capping, just enough to make him retire like.

Yeah except he'd eat them if they tried. He's Scottish therefore harder than any of those pansies down south thats how he can go about being an enforcer and get away with it.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Well he's clearly not hard enough to make the Euros...ooooopps.

mistymorning

Post by mistymorning »

antdad wrote:Well he's clearly not hard enough to make the Euros...ooooopps.

I'm not sure hardness is a requirement, otherwise Nigel-land wouldn't be there would it?

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

mistymorning wrote:

I'm not sure hardness is a requirement, otherwise Nigel-land wouldn't be there would it?
Still singing that little song about the one time you beat the English in a battle?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

mistymorning

Post by mistymorning »

Sadact7 wrote:
mistymorning wrote:

Still singing that little song about the one time you beat the English in a battle?

Which one there's hundreds

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

mistymorning wrote:

Forever In Our Shadow

antdad

Post by antdad »

...not exactly the Archbishop of Banterbury is he?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Relates to following post in Premier league thread

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... &start=180

Copy of email I sent to Keith Hackett today and his reply. The biggest problem we have is that the referees body has become an island. They do not have a website, they do not have an email address. It would help a great deal if questions could be asked and answers received.

Keith,

Whilst there can be no excuse for elbowing an opponent in the face, yet again we have an example of it happening because the referee didn't penalise either grappling, holding or shirt pulling. In the heat of the moment, players will react and retaliate, and it's up to match officials to apply and enforce the laws before that can happen.

Some of this can be attributed to poor positioning, but I have no idea why some don't penalise when they see it. We had the ridiculous comment from Howard Webb last week, when he said well he didn't think enough force was applied. Maybe that is why they aren't penalising. Who knows unless we can ask them and they tell us.

Regards,

I am afraid that Howard has lost his independence
And forgotten law.
I mentioned earlier today in the TV studio that if grappling was penalised we would then see less or no deliberate use of the elbow
Howard is trying to maintain links with the refs he use to work with.
He needs to move on and quote law.
It was a very poor Saturday for officials and I have been inundated with emails from my American contacts who were bemused by Lee Masons very poor performance.
Even CLATTENBURG missed a nailed on penalty kick.
I hope that someone at The FA and PGMOL are reading my blog
I was at Bramall Lane and one of the nice guys Trevor Kettle was very poor
Regards
Keith

I was at Fratton Park, and there was a Premier League reffing on that, and he and hos assistants were woeful.

Something has to be done