Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
birdie

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:48 pm Well I'm speechless, well almost. Clearly not going for the ball leading with his forearm/elbow and smacks him in the head.

I don't know what these refs are looking at these days, maybe they are not getting the right views of the centre of play because of poor positioning, but something has to be done now it's infesting the game and obviously not just the Prem.

Clear red imo.
Well, the Tigers being from 'ull a bang on the 'ed can sometimes be a good thing, it wakes 'em up.
But I know I'm probably asking a daft question. don't they have a video ref in football?
In rugby, both codes, the vid ref often picks up thing the field ref has missed, but unless that ref was looking the other way even a cyclops couldn't have missed that red card incident.
Brown envelopes in boots, maybe? :lol: :lol:
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:31 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:48 pm Well I'm speechless, well almost. Clearly not going for the ball leading with his forearm/elbow and smacks him in the head.

I don't know what these refs are looking at these days, maybe they are not getting the right views of the centre of play because of poor positioning, but something has to be done now it's infesting the game and obviously not just the Prem.

Clear red imo.
Well, the Tigers being from 'ull a bang on the 'ed can sometimes be a good thing, it wakes 'em up.
But I know I'm probably asking a daft question. don't they have a video ref in football?
In rugby, both codes, the vid ref often picks up thing the field ref has missed, but unless that ref was looking the other way even a cyclops couldn't have missed that red card incident.
That game was in the Championship, birdie. VAR (Video Assistant Referee) is only in the Premier League.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:56 pm

Clear red imo.
That game was in the Championship, birdie. VAR (Video Assistant Referee) is only in the Premier League.
Thanks for the info, but even without VAR the lineman should have been able to tell the ref what went o, or is that expecting too much.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:08 pm
Carlos J wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:56 pm

Clear red imo.
Thanks for the info, but even without VAR the lineman should have been able to tell the ref what went o, or is that expecting too much.
Maybe too much. I can't remenber if the linesman was that side or the other.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The lino runs right wings these days so he should have had a good view.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Incompetent cunts take 20 camera angles, drawn lines and five minutes to reduce what everyone else could see in real time that Bailey was offside.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ifab-plans

Plans to introduce “blue cards” in football for a 10 minute sin bin.

Your thoughts My Zummz?
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sadact7 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:24 pm https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ifab-plans

Your thoughts My Zummz?
:lol:

I posted the emoji 5 minutes ago and just stopped laughing.

It's just unbelievable that IFAB are complicating again when they don't need to. The laws are already quite clear about these offences. Why do they need a new coloured card when they already have yellow to deal with dissent and yellow and red for the cynical foul. Referees will soon be running out of pockets to store the cards.

Any player will also get a red if they commit two blue card offences, or a red if they commit a blue and yellow offence. :rolleyes:

Alexander Ceferin, the President of Uefa, has described sin-bins as “the death of football” and he has not been alone in expressing discontent. Already scarred by the problematic introduction of video refereeing technology, prominent figures within the game have been derisive.

I agree 100%

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I think the sin bin works well in rugby and could improve players behaviour. If would be good if the refs wore microphones like they do in rugby also.
Man U and rangers

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Zambo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:43 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:24 pm https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ifab-plans

Your thoughts My Zummz?

It's just unbelievable that IFAB are complicating again when they don't need to. The laws are already quite clear about these offences. Why do they need a new coloured card when they already have yellow to deal with dissent and yellow and red for the cynical foul. Referees will soon be running out of pockets to store the cards.

Any player will also get a red if they commit two blue card offences, or a red if they commit a blue and yellow offence. :rolleyes:

Alexander Ceferin, the President of Uefa, has described sin-bins as “the death of football” and he has not been alone in expressing discontent. Already scarred by the problematic introduction of video refereeing technology, prominent figures within the game have been derisive.

I agree 100%
So two blues = 1 red ; 2 yellows + 1 red ; 1 blue + 1 yellow = 1 red.
Doesn't that mean 1 blue = 1 yellow. The logic here is defeating this simple soul.

Also have they decided when the clock starts for the blue card? At the showing, or when the player reaches the touchline, or when the game restarts?

It'll be case of 'stuff this' let's just play 'keep-ball', or take our time at throw-ins, placing the ball for free-kicks and corners, lining up for their free-kicks. The possibilities are endless.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Uefa are the death of football
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:12 pm
Zambo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:43 pm

Your thoughts My Zummz?

I agree 100%
So two blues = 1 red ; 2 yellows + 1 red ; 1 blue + 1 yellow = 1 red.
Doesn't that mean 1 blue = 1 yellow. The logic here is defeating this simple soul.

Also have they decided when the clock starts for the blue card? At the showing, or when the player reaches the touchline, or when the game restarts?

Assume the clock will start ticking when the player leaves the pitch

It'll be case of 'stuff this' let's just play 'keep-ball', or take our time at throw-ins, placing the ball for free-kicks and corners, lining up for their free-kicks. The possibilities are endless.

and all negative. Bin the sinbin.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Pawson's yellow card for Ricardo last night was disgraceful. A perfectly timed tackle, cleanly won the ball, no excessive force and a booking.

Twat.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A great tackle and another shite decision to caution. Yes there was contact after playing the ball, but on so many occasions it's unavoidable.

It's a disgrace that you can't challenge yellow cards. This would be a prime candidate.