Zambo, you are the ref.

Anything sportlike
antdad

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by antdad »

Don't waste your breathe, he has Mourinho fever.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Petingo wrote:
I thought the fact a player lunged in with both feet off the ground was in itself punishable by the concession of a free kick, irrespective of the player concerned actually connecting with the intended target, Zam.

Is that no so?

And I also think you are right about the second penalty incident....no one could say with certainty if it was deliberate.

But that logic must also apply to the first one where him playing the ball with the top of his foot would have been invisible to the naked eye and as no one could, with certainty, say that was the case in real time, should the benefit of the doubt not go to the attacker and a pen awarded?
Watch it again and checkout Rooney Pet, he is off the ground with both feet as he comes in. It's a 50-50 challenge, and at the end of the day Bravo makes a clean one and does not touch Rooney, despite his silly clutching of his leg. Whilst his studs are up to begin with, and in sliding challenges they nearly always are, by the time he gets the ball it's the top of his foot which makes contact. Personally I thought it was an excellent and brave decision by Clattenburg.

Joke decisions elsewhere though, for the Arsenal pen, not to mention Long was fouled at the other end of the pitch just before and the Arsenal first goal was dangerous play. Also, just before Hughes was 'sent off' there was a foul on the Stoke player before the Arnautovic dive.

If I was heading up the LMA or PFA I'd be knocking on Mike Riley's door telling the twat to sort it out. Everyone is getting pissed off with this shite refereeing and lining.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

antdad

Post by antdad »

"he is off the ground with both feet as he comes in" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now answer the question about the use of excessive force and being out of control.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

antdad wrote:"he is off the ground with both feet as he comes in" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now answer the question about the use of excessive force and being out of control.
Yes Rooney was. No one was out of control though. The only difference between the two players in this challenge, was Bravo won the ball, and then Rooney and Mourinho whined about it, as did all the other ignorant and biased so called pundits and journalists.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo, surely even you can't defend Marriner. Missed the Aguero elbow and now today's foul.
His performance overall was shocking. Chelsea missed way too many chances for it to be his fault but these guys have to be more accountable for their performances.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Rooney rolling around on the ground, like he'd had his ankle fractured...

:lol: :lol:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sinbad wrote:Rooney rolling around on the ground, like he'd had his ankle fractured...

I can't see Jose putting up with his constant mediocre performances for long.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sinbad wrote:Rooney rolling around on the ground, like he'd had his ankle fractured...

Watched the last 15 mins of the Utd v City game on the screens at the Emirates. I'm pretty sure a few weeks back i heard Mourinho going on about Rooney being a number 9 and not a number 6, i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw how deep Rooney was playing.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jonathan wrote:Zambo, surely even you can't defend Marriner. Missed the Aguero elbow and now today's foul.
His performance overall was shocking. Chelsea missed way too many chances for it to be his fault but these guys have to be more accountable for their performances.
Got it recorded, will watch and give an honest opinion as usual. :wink:

edit:

Marriner had a mare, but will be there again next week fucking a game up.

Cahill was blatantly fouled from behind

Costa dived and should have received a second yellow despite the minor contact. These cunts in the studio make me laugh with 'he's entitled to go down' bollocks. If you can stay on your feet you should be doing, anything else is cheating.

Costa's second goal was dangerous play and the goal should have been disallowed

Chelsea on the play deserved to win

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sinbad wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Watched the last 15 mins of the Utd v City game on the screens at the Emirates. I'm pretty sure a few weeks back i heard Mourinho going on about Rooney being a number 9 and not a number 6, i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw how deep Rooney was playing.
That was a reference to his weave clipper settings. Jose now cuts the squads hair.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

sjbarca wrote:I like Bravo.......but that's a straight red card and penalty......mind you Rooney was lucky to still be on the pitch so it's okay.
Rooney is lucky to even get on the pitch.
There's no poem, just prose.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
sjbarca wrote:I like Bravo.......but that's a straight red card and penalty......mind you Rooney was lucky to still be on the pitch so it's okay.
Rooney is lucky to even get on the pitch.

:mrgreen:
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

veritas vincit

Post by veritas vincit »

I didn't see the whole match, just some of the bookings.
I'd be interested in the opinion of the referees performance; assuming you watched, and of Mr. Polls comments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ss-8914947

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

veritas vincit wrote:I didn't see the whole match, just some of the bookings.
I'd be interested in the opinion of the referees performance; assuming you watched, and of Mr. Polls comments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ss-8914947
I only saw the MOTD highlights veritas, and they didn't show one single booking. However would make the following comments.

1. I would take anything that Poll says with a pinch of salt, certainly on this matter. Here we have the ex referee, who openly admitted that he made the maximum number of booking when working himself up the referee ladder, in order to get attention. So it made be laugh to see him write 'The fact Moss cautioned 7 players 5 of them from West Ham, in a game without a nasty tackle showed how he failed to manage the match. Moreover, it's not just 'nasty tackles' which can earn you a caution, there is other stuff as well.

2. Jon Moss is one of the below average refs in the elite group in my opinion, but from what I saw of him yesterday, he had a decent game, playing some very good advantages. He also judged the handball for the West Ham penalty claim correctly. He however missed a blatant dive by Zaza in the Saints box which should have led to a booking.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

From Culture Club?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN