What's your favourite streaming service? And do you still bother with 'old fashioned' TV?

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related

What streaming service do you prefer?

Netflix?
36%
Amazon Prime?
55%
Now TV?
9%
Britbox?
No votes
Apple TV?
No votes
Other (through VPN)?
No votes

Total votes: 11

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: What's your favourite streaming service? And do you still bother with 'old fashioned' TV?

Post by Basualdo »

Only for this month I think.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

ToRmAtO
Winner POTY - 2007 !!!!

Re: What's your favourite streaming service? And do you still bother with 'old fashioned' TV?

Post by ToRmAtO »

I am hoping that the Disney+ when it starts around April that it will be good value. I have checked to make sure that there will be an LG app available.

I will drop Netflix then.
Godwin's law

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Apart from the Mandalorian - if you're into Star Wars stuff - then there's fuck all else worth watching at the minute. In fact they're reporting massive Disney+ cancellations in the States now that that season is over.

The Mouse can suck my cock anyway.
Proud Gammon

antdad

Post by antdad »

[@black guardian ] Today you need a genuinely fast internet connection to get access to any kind of in house entertainment. 200MB broadband minimum.

You need 10MB for two HD feeds, why do you say that?

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Tbh, I only use the 3 HD Netflix screens in my house, my son uses the 4th one at Uni but when 3-4 people connect tv, tablet, mobiles etc at the same time, plus guests, that 10MB bandwidth gets eaten up very quickly.

I share home video files through a NAS drive. Easy to use.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I've got Prime, also watch some stuff on whatever Putlocker is working.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Reg

Post by Reg »

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Roy IN!!

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

"Netflix has a much better interface, Amazon video needs some work"

I couldn't agree more, it's why I barely use Amazon prime, trying to browse through movies you might want to watch is a fucking nightmare.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Basualdo wrote:

The Mouse can suck my cock anyway.
Tiny cock.

colinthewarriormonkey

Some more suggestions Reg

Have to agree with "The Boys" I'm sick of superhero stuff but this was such a brilliant twist on it, it was superb

Hap and Leonard.
Comrade Detective
The Tick
Parks and Recreation
The Shield (so good that Breaking Bad gave it a nod when they said that some of their meth was found in Farmington, which is the Precinct the lead character worked in)
The Americans
Vikings
"The Cunt's Cunt."

colinthewarriormonkey

As for the original post

If there's anything I want to watch on the BBC (The apprentice, dragon's den) then I'll watch it on I player.

At Christmas I watched "Saving Mr Banks" whilst it was being broadcast, it was the only "live" TV I watched in the whole of last year.

I have to say, it was actually an experience, rushing everyone around to get ready to sit down with some chocolates and popcorn before it started and knowing that people around the country were sitting down watching the same thing at the same time. It made me feel quite nostalgic for the Christmases I had when I was a boy.

It was a fucking excellent film BTW.
Last edited by colinthewarriormonkey on Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Vespa wrote:
Basualdo wrote: The Mouse can suck my cock anyway
Tiny cock.
Well he is a mouse.
Proud Gammon

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

I have Netflix, Amazon (through Prime subscription, Sky Q and BT. All I do is browse YouTube and the odd series on TV like watchmen, sticks and stones, Rick & Morty. Other than that it’s sport and film.
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Why can't I quote members' posts in this thread? :? :?

Anyway, Bas: The Chinese New Year is fast approaching. 2020 is Year of the Mouse. :lol: South Korea share the same calendar.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

You can't quote on poll threads, Lucy, the current system doesn't allow it.
But if you cut and paste the text of the post you want to quote a stick it between quote tags such as these [quote = " whomever "] [/quote] complete with equals sign, quotation marks either side of the name...and without the spaces between symbols, of course, then you can get this!
lambrini wrote:Why can't I quote members' posts in this thread? :? :?

Anyway, Bas: The Chinese New Year is fast approaching. 2020 is Year of the Mouse. :lol: South Korea share the same calendar.
Proud Gammon