Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Vespa »

minx wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:39 am Try horse blinkers?
It's all very dramaish around that track at the moment, getting there early is nice - just people minding their own business.

Someone kicked a dog that jumped up at them last week, the owner moaned so the runner called the police saying she'd been attacked by the dog. There are now 'keep dogs on a lead" signs appearing.

minx

Post by minx »

I’d kick a dog that jumped at me too
"to be revered" ..anon..

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

minx wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:36 pm I’d kick a dog that jumped at me too
I only know this because I'm on the park Facebook group, which I joined so I'd know when the mobile pizza truck is coming and we can have a nice pizza based picnic in the park with a bottle. Little did I know that it would have more drama than your average low budget Mexican soap opera.

Highlights include:

1. moaning about the bunch of (I assume) Indian guys who play cricket at 6AM Sunday mornings. Who has always been pleasant to me and easily avoided in a massive empty park.
2. someone accusing a football clubs for black kids of 'ethnic cleansing' even when it was pointed out to him it's a club for refugee kids.
3. someone who regularly posts pictures of bags of dog shit hanging from tree branches - it's gross but why photo it
4. the shit storm every time travellers take over the park
5. moaning about all the catering places there - basically a cafe and the odd food wagon
6. moaning about people going the 'wrong' way around the track
7. the dog shit guy taking photos of people throwing their stuff next to full bins - I must admit I find this one funny
8. calling the police on people who fly drones at the park, super early in the morning - then moan when the police tell them it's legal to do so

But dog owners dominate the page, it's very funny.

I recommend joining your local park facebook group, it's better than Netflix.

minx

Post by minx »

Vespa wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:52 pm
I only know this because I'm on the park Facebook group, which I joined so I'd know when the mobile pizza truck is coming and we can have a nice pizza based picnic in the park with a bottle. Little did I know that it would have more drama than your average low budget Mexican soap opera.

Highlights include:

1. moaning about the bunch of (I assume) Indian guys who play cricket at 6AM Sunday mornings. Who has always been pleasant to me and easily avoided in a massive empty park.
2. someone accusing a football clubs for black kids of 'ethnic cleansing' even when it was pointed out to him it's a club for refugee kids.
3. someone who regularly posts pictures of bags of dog shit hanging from tree branches - it's gross but why photo it
5. moaning about all the catering places there - basically a cafe and the odd food wagon
7. the dog shit guy taking photos of people throwing their stuff next to full bins - I must admit I find this one funny
8. calling the police on people who fly drones at the park, super early in the morning - then moan when the police tell them it's legal to do so

Fascinating, I love it

I’m on my town’s “notice board” group and it’s much like the above but covers the few bigger parks and has adventures in fly tipping and lots of “bad parking” photos
"to be revered" ..anon..

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

minx wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Highlights include:

Fascinating, I love it

I’m on my town’s “notice board” group and it’s much like the above but covers the few bigger parks and has adventures in fly tipping and lots of “bad parking” photos
Having a while ago decided to stop using Facebook, I got shown our local notice board. Imagine my surprise upon seeing a photo of myself and family members when we were young kids. Imagine my even greater surprise when two people decided to embark on a conversation about what had happened to us in later life. Now, I must add I have absolutely no clue who these two people are, but they seemed to know all about my family. Or so they thought. Apparently my sister had embarked on becoming a nun. I had decided to join the armed forces and another family member had moved abroad. Pure speculation on their part.

I would’ve loved to have seen their faces when my sister decided to join in their little conversation and set the record straight. :shock: :)
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

minx

Post by minx »

Ooh I want this to happen to me so I can see what people say
"to be revered" ..anon..

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

These people need shooting.

Take it home with you, you lazy fuck
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

shabbado wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm

It's odd behaviour, they buy stuff in a supermarket, take to the park and eat it, then put all the wrappings in the supermarket bag and throw it next to an overflowing bin. Within hours it blowing across the park.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 pm
shabbado wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm

It's odd behaviour, they buy stuff in a supermarket, take to the park and eat it, then put all the wrappings in the supermarket bag and throw it next to an overflowing bin. Within hours it blowing across the park.
+1.
The country has developed an awful throwaway culture. Another issue is bedsits and flats above shops without designated green and brown bins. So, for some reason, the council allow people to dump household waste ON THE STREETS for collection. Not good. Let's just say some mornings are yikes.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

My doctor told me I've got cancer tumours on my peritoneum. I'm waiting for an appointment with the chemo team to see what treats they have in store for me.

minx

Post by minx »

My man, stay strong
"to be revered" ..anon..

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

minx wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:59 am My man, stay strong
I'll be honest, I'm feeling pretty weak at the moment.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Vespa wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:42 am My doctor told me I've got cancer tumours on my peritoneum. I'm waiting for an appointment with the chemo team to see what treats they have in store for me.
That must be devastating news after your excellent recovery and progress back towards fitness. You got through the first diagnosis and treatment with a massive amount of bravery and optimism. Dig deep and you will find it again. Thoughts are with you and I'm sure I speak for the whole forum.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

You've faced this with a fortitude that's been inspirational and truly humbling to observe

Don't ever change
There's no poem, just prose.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:11 am
Vespa wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:42 am My doctor told me I've got cancer tumours on my peritoneum. I'm waiting for an appointment with the chemo team to see what treats they have in store for me.
That must be devastating news after your excellent recovery and progress back towards fitness. You got through the first diagnosis and treatment with a massive amount of bravery and optimism. Dig deep and you will find it again. Thoughts are with you and I'm sure I speak for the whole forum.
Thanks, I'm a bit down today. Need to chat with the chemo team to see what they have on offer, it's cancer in a bag of organs mashing together, which isn't optimal.