Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Vespa

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Vespa »

delboy1983 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:08 pm Good man Vespa ,I start a 30 day charity walk in aid of Prostate cancer hoping to make £500.00 for a deserving cause.
Hope to make some pounds and lose a few lbs at the same time.
You hero! Great work.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Great to hear, Vespa.

Well done Delboy too! Is there anyway to sponsor you?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 am Chemo day today, my markers are down 50% in the last 12 weeks which is nice. The chemo gave me tachycardia this morning which is a little worrying when three doctors and six nurses start talking about wheeling you somewhere - I'm fine now.
That's encouraging.

What's the next step? More chemo?
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

shabbado wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:41 pm
Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:19 am Chemo day today, my markers are down 50% in the last 12 weeks which is nice. The chemo gave me tachycardia this morning which is a little worrying when three doctors and six nurses start talking about wheeling you somewhere - I'm fine now.
That's encouraging.

I have a scan next week to see what the cancer is up to. The last one was some of the tumours were smaller, some were bigger. My tumours bed looks like bubble wrap. I've then got another four rounds in this cycle and then they put me on a chemo break and cancer goes wild for a few months.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:44 pm
That's encouraging.

I have a scan next week to see what the cancer is up to. The last one was some of the tumours were smaller, some were bigger. My tumours bed looks like bubble wrap. I've then got another four rounds in this cycle and then they put me on a chemo break and cancer goes wild for a few months.
:shock: You've certainly been through the wringer
A joyless arsehole.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

shabbado wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:46 pm
That's encouraging.

I'm basically on chemo full time until it stops working and the cancer kills me.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:47 pm
shabbado wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:46 pm
That's encouraging.

I'm basically on chemo full time until it stops working and the cancer kills me.
That's pretty rough.

If you don't mind me asking - how much longer will the chemo extend your life? How are you feeling side effect wise?
A joyless arsehole.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kevin04 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:08 pm Great to hear, Vespa.

Well done Delboy too! Is there anyway to sponsor you?
Sent you a PM Kev
Cheers
Del
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

shabbado wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:54 pm
That's pretty rough.

If you don't mind me asking - how much longer will the chemo extend your life? How are you feeling side effect wise?
They don't know, it depends on the scan. Could be months, could be years. I've got a cancer mutation which is a slower growing types (although slower is relative) I'm on so-called '2nd line' chemo which is milder and designed to slow it down not cure it.

This week a chemo with I have a pump attached to me until Thursday, whilst I'm on the pump I just get hot all the time. About three days after the pump comes off I spent a day on the toilet - after that I'm pretty good to go until the next round.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm
shabbado wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:54 pm
That's pretty rough.

They don't know, it depends on the scan. Could be months, could be years. I've got a cancer mutation which is a slower growing types (although slower is relative) I'm on so-called '2nd line' chemo which is milder and designed to slow it down not cure it.

This week a chemo with I have a pump attached to me until Thursday, whilst I'm on the pump I just get hot all the time. About three days after the pump comes off I spent a day on the toilet - after that I'm pretty good to go until the next round.
We're rooting for you, Vespa.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:23 pm
delboy1983 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:08 pm Good man Vespa ,I start a 30 day charity walk in aid of Prostate cancer hoping to make £500.00 for a deserving cause.
Hope to make some pounds and lose a few lbs at the same time.
You hero! Great work.
Well done, Del
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Chemo day today, some of my tumour makers are down which is nice.

When did using your phone on speaker in a public place become a thing? Two cunts today in the cancer center having a full on chat using speakers. I had to break out my noise cancelling headphones.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 am When did using your phone on speaker in a public place become a thing? Two cunts today in the cancer center having a full on chat using speakers. I had to break out my noise cancelling headphones.
Happens more and more. I remember getting the bus home from a hospital appointment and some chavvy mum kept blaring out Gangnam Style on her phone 'because her little boy likes it'. Selfish cunt.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

subsub wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:34 am
Vespa wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:15 am When did using your phone on speaker in a public place become a thing? Two cunts today in the cancer center having a full on chat using speakers. I had to break out my noise cancelling headphones.
Happens more and more. I remember getting the bus home from a hospital appointment and some chavvy mum kept blaring out Gangnam Style on her phone 'because her little boy likes it'. Selfish cunt.
I don't mind people who have load phones when they are talking on them, but putting your phone on speaker because you're too lazy to hold it to your head.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

My mother-in-law conducts all mobile conversations via speaker phone.

It's pure fucking ignorance.

If she's round for a visit and her mobile goes she'll sit and conduct the conversation on speaker phone whilst everyone else is present. After the first few times of it happening i started putting the tv on and turning the volume up ensuring at the very least she has to move to the kitchen.
A joyless arsehole.