Schofield

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Zambo

Re: Schofield

Post by Zambo »

Bringing Flack into this, just demonstrates how far this despicable low life will go for sympathy. And certain people still defend him. :rolleyes:
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:06 pm Go easy on the pipster would you? At school they thought he was black and were very racist to him
I have zero sympathy for him. He knew it was wrong, hence lying about it and carrying on doing it.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Not defending him, so wait.

A question. If this had been about an affair between a male celebrity or other power figure, and a woman, would the reaction here have been the same?

My guess...some would have said she's obviously a woman prepared to use sex to get herself further in her career.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:29 am Bringing Flack into this, just demonstrates how far this despicable low life will go for sympathy. And certain people still defend him. :rolleyes:
I don't know why he brought Flack up. Although I'm not sorry that people on Twitter are reminding Wootton that Flack's friends called him out for hounding her in his column and on Twitter which he deleted when she died and pretended to be her mate.

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:50 am Not defending him, so wait.

A question. If this had been about an affair between a male celebrity or other power figure, and a woman, would the reaction here have been the same?

My guess...some would have said she's obviously a woman prepared to use sex to get herself further in her career.
I'm generally sensitive to the different people would be portrayed.

- Schofield fucking a man he got a job and who was over 30 years younger = people suggesting he's a paedo.
- If Holly was caught fucking a man she got a job and who was over 20 years younger = man a hero, she'd be a cougar.
- If Alison Hammond was caught fucking a man she got a job that was over 25 years younger = lots of fat jokes.

Any story involving a gay man having an affair always carries some suggestion that the gay man is a child abuser.

That said, Schofield has acted in a cynically exploitative manner. He knew he was exploiting this man whilst he was doing it. Using anyone at any age for sexual gratification is despicable, and he deserves to have his reputation and career shattered.

When I left home and made gay friends at University, men like Schofield used to hang out in gay spots and used to try all sorts of shady shit to catch a young dick. Unlucky for them, sex in toilets, sex in public or sex with social loser men who think their only chance of a ghost of a relationship is to pretend they are some sort of gay yoda who could teach you the way of the gay -ironical none of them were ever as cute as yoda - has never appealed to me. I have always had standards.

So I'll be honest I do see homophobia in the reporting of this story, but at the same time fuck Philip Schofield and not in the way he wants.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Another nailed on balanced post from Vespa. =D>
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

antdad

Post by antdad »

Somebody answer me this please as I don't care to look it up.

How long ago was the affair and how long did it last. Was it weeks, months or just a few events and how long did the lad continue to work at that job or in the industry?

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:46 am Somebody answer me this please as I don't care to look it up.

How long ago was the affair and how long did it last. Was it weeks, months or just a few events and how long did the lad continue to work at that job or in the industry?
As far as I can tell it started when the guy was 20 and went on an off for about year.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Vespa wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:14 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:50 am Not defending him, so wait.

I'm generally sensitive to the different people would be portrayed.

- Schofield fucking a man he got a job and who was over 30 years younger = people suggesting he's a paedo.
- If Holly was caught fucking a man she got a job and who was over 20 years younger = man a hero, she'd be a cougar.
- If Alison Hammond was caught fucking a man she got a job that was over 25 years younger = lots of fat jokes.

Any story involving a gay man having an affair always carries some suggestion that the gay man is a child abuser.

That said, Schofield has acted in a cynically exploitative manner. He knew he was exploiting this man whilst he was doing it. Using anyone at any age for sexual gratification is despicable, and he deserves to have his reputation and career shattered.

When I left home and made gay friends at University, men like Schofield used to hang out in gay spots and used to try all sorts of shady shit to catch a young dick. Unlucky for them, sex in toilets, sex in public or sex with social loser men who think their only chance of a ghost of a relationship is to pretend they are some sort of gay yoda who could teach you the way of the gay -ironical none of them were ever as cute as yoda - has never appealed to me. I have always had standards.

So I'll be honest I do see homophobia in the reporting of this story, but at the same time fuck Philip Schofield and not in the way he wants.
Agreed.
And again there is a tendency to equate homosexuality and paedophilia.
The vast majority of paedophiles are heterosexuals. And they don't hang around school playgrounds. They exploit privileged access or abuse family members.
Have a look at any QAnon stream, and you will see before long , when they want to attack a public figure, the paedophile accusation will appear. And anyone who asks for evidence becomes a Friend of Paedophiles..

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Thanks once again for shillsplaining everything to us
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Me: Ha! Schofield! What a nonce.

NME: And in other news, multiple accusations of sexual abuse against the leader and vocalist of the legendary band Rammstein, Till Lindeman...

Also me:

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Yikes... I think that there's a strong possibility Rammstein's world tour will be cancelled. It isn't looking good. smh.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Could Pip replace him?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN