Taking back control of our borders.

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: Taking back control of our borders.

Post by Roy Twing »

It showed nothing more or less than the answer to your specific question hillman - that around 300,000 EU migrants were out of work and claiming UK benefits in 2017.
Unlike whatever your link is meant to prove, or why you request an answer to something unrelated.
Just for once why can't you just accept that you've been provided with the info you tried to pretend didn't exist, and hold your hands up?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I said the article was behind a paywall so I couldn't read it.
I could see, though, as I mentioned, that it was three years ago.

The link I gave was NOT irrelevant, as it gives context to the matter, not something you seem to like.

And as you frequently complain I don't answer your questions ( having other things to do being the overwhelming reason) I notice no answer to MY question. You have told us many, many times about how our welfare state attracts these people. My question is WHY, as they could go elsewhere in the EU for more generous benefits? A fair question.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

paolo

Post by paolo »

eastern bloc europeans have spread all over europe

they have free reign....benefits, services, housing

polish, czech (not romany).....grafters, decent......albanians, romanians.....it's a no
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:I said the article was behind a paywall so I couldn't read it.

The link I gave was NOT irrelevant, as it gives context to the matter, not something you seem to like.

And as you frequently complain I don't answer your questions ( having other things to do being the overwhelming reason) I notice no answer to MY question. You have told us many, many times about how our welfare state attracts these people. My question is WHY, as they could go elsewhere in the EU for more generous benefits? A fair question.

Firstly they don't get better benefits elswhere and secondly most East Europeans come here to get out of the EU which they regard as a revamping of the Soviet Union or the Grosse Deutchland of Hitler.
They come from places which have suffered the inevitable nasty consequences of projects like the EU.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:I said the article was behind a paywall so I couldn't read it.
I could see, though, as I mentioned, that it was three years ago.*

The link I gave was NOT irrelevant, as it gives context to the matter, not something you seem to like.**

And as you frequently complain I don't answer your questions ( having other things to do being the overwhelming reason) I notice no answer to MY question. You have told us many, many times about how our welfare state attracts these people. My question is WHY, as they could go elsewhere in the EU for more generous benefits? A fair question.***

*It is 3 years old, but as the original point relates entirely to a guardian 'report' that fruit & veg growers desperately need 90,000 EU migrants, - the figure that is readable (of 300,000+ already here and unemployed) I think it rips the guardian argument apart, don't you agree? Or are you saying the the current (or latest) figures would actually be less than than the 90K 'needed'?

**No, as it has nothing to do with the above mentioned point, it doesn't help, - but feel free to explain why you think it may be?

***You had the time to make several other posts throughout the day yesterday since my previous post, so your 'having other things to do' claim, together with a long track record, doesn't hold much water.
That aside, I have absolutely no idea what the reasons are, - I suspect off the top of my head, that the UK is a famously easy touch compared with other countries, even if those other countries have, on the face of it, more generous benefits?
It is an interesting question, but as I've said, not directly related to the point in hand, but I'll be happy to debate it further once we've put the other one to bed, - ok?
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

paolo wrote:eastern bloc europeans have spread all over europe

polish, czech (not romany).....grafters, decent......albanians, romanians.....it's a no

I've mentioned it a few times, but it still baffles me how the Big Issue, - a scheme set up to help unemployed homeless british people get back on the ladder, has been stolen by romanian (apparently) gangsters, - how did the powers that be turn a blind eye to it?
E & OE

Hillman avenger

I have no other figures so have to accept yours.
Would be interested to know when the figures are taken. Given that , as we know, quite a lot of EU nationals come here for seasonal work ( hence the fuss at the moment). So the numbers employed would vary enormously.

Why would it have changed?
Couple of good reasons...
The collapse of the pound (wonder why???)
The resurgence of home economies ( perhaps you should have taken a deep breath and listened to the BBC report from Poland a few weeks ago)
The rise in aggression and hostility towards EU nationals being reported virtually daily

The Full Facts article is HIGHLY RELEVANT. It disputes the commonly-held view that these people get some kind of privileged status here. They don't. Far from it.
Last edited by Hillman avenger on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

You can pick fruit and veg and maintain social distancing, but hope they are washed afterwards. The produce as well as the pickers.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:I have no other figures so have to accept yours.
Would be interested to know when the figures are taken. Given that , as we know, quite a lot of EU nationals come here for seasonal work ( hence the fuss at the moment). So the numbers employed would vary enormously.

Why would it have changed?
Couple of good reasons...
The collapse of the pound (wonder why???)
The resurgence of home economies ( perhaps you should have taken a deep breath and listened to the BBC report from Poland a few weeks ago)
The rise in aggression and hostility towards EU nationals being reported virtually daily

The Full Facts article is HIGHLY RELEVANT. It disputes the commonly-held view that these people get some kind of privileged status here. They don't. Far from it.

Well, I've managed to find a slightly more up to date reference - the ONS, which references the period to June 2019, - so I'm sure you'll agree that the fall in the value of sterling, and the other fallacies you mention, had already been a factor by then - with a bit of calculating to fill in the blanks, - I reckon that EU migrant unemployment was still over 350K at that time:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab ... -june-2019

As I've said, - happy* to debate the unrelated fullfact report once you acknowledge that the Guardian claim that 90,000 EU migrants should be allowed to come here is a nonsense.

* more than happy to talk about something other than the virus, in fact.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:

Firstly they don't get better benefits elswhere and secondly most East Europeans come here to get out of the EU which they regard as a revamping of the Soviet Union or the Grosse Deutchland of Hitler.
Perhaps isolation is getting on top of you. That's what YOU think. Neither of us know what THEY think, but my guess would be that it is the very opposite of what you suggest. And yes, benefits in Germany, Austria, France, Netherlands, Denmark , all more generous.
They come from places which have suffered the inevitable nasty consequences of projects like the EU.
See above

Hillman avenger

Roy Twing wrote:

I've mentioned it a few times, but it still baffles me how the Big Issue, - a scheme set up to help unemployed homeless british people get back on the ladder, has been stolen by romanian (apparently) gangsters, - how did the powers that be turn a blind eye to it?

You should get on to John Bird
He doesn't seem to know about it.
I can find no mention of it only being to benefit homeless Brits, but perhaps you can enlighten me?
As for it being "stolen by Romanian gangsters"...are you saying that there are Romanians selling it?
And they are "gangsters" are they?
Thank God they aren't dealing drugs, people trafficking and so on, but have focused on the obviously more lucrative racket of selling magazines.

Hillman avenger

Are you aware that there are close to 300,000 Brits in Spain alone, and probably close to 700,000 living around the whole of the EU?
All availing themselves of public services, healthcare, and so on.
It's a disgrace.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

You should get on to John Bird
He doesn't seem to know about it.
I can find no mention of it only being to benefit homeless Brits, but perhaps you can enlighten me?
As for it being "stolen by Romanian gangsters"...are you saying that there are Romanians selling it?
And they are "gangsters" are they?
Thank God they aren't dealing drugs, people trafficking and so on, but have focused on the obviously more lucrative racket of selling magazines.

In the real world Romanian and Bulgarian crooks will try to gain control of any income streams which East Europeans engage in. They bring a lot of them in illegally and control them with a mixture of fear of violence to them and their families back home , and the threat of giving them up to the law, ( which they erroneously believe might do something to them for being illegal ).
You'll believe it when they do a feature on the One Show I expect .

Hillman avenger

if you had a coherent argument, your childish BBC comments would undermine it.
So no harm done then.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Perhaps isolation is getting on top of you. That's what YOU think. Neither of us know what THEY think, but my guess would be that it is the very opposite of what you suggest. And yes, benefits in Germany, Austria, France, Netherlands, Denmark , all more generous.
See above

Well I know and employ a lot of East Europeans and that's what they say