World Cup 2022

black_guardian

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by black_guardian »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:05 pm How refreshing it is to watch an England qualifying game against a half decent side and world class striker.
You spoke too soon KC. We should have wrapped it up earlier, put on some subs. Sloppy game management. Should have woken up after that Pickford near miss.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

You can blame the carrot nosed waistcoat wimp for that :lol:

England were getting pushed back and he sat on his thumb not bringing on any fresh legs. Obviously too much to ask to brings off Powder Puff Mount or St Sterling.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 pm You can blame the carrot nosed waistcoat wimp for that :lol:

England were getting pushed back and he sat on his thumb not bringing on any fresh legs. Obviously too much to ask to brings off Powder Puff Mount or St Sterling.
Billy Whitehurst. Mick Harford.

They would have sorted out that shower.
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Reg wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:07 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:43 pm You can blame the carrot nosed waistcoat wimp for that :lol:

Or Kammy

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

black_guardian wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:40 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:05 pm How refreshing it is to watch an England qualifying game against a half decent side and world class striker.
You spoke too soon KC. We should have wrapped it up earlier, put on some subs. Sloppy game management. Should have woken up after that Pickford near miss.
Yep, couldn’t agree more. Putting on subs also disrupts the game and you never get compensated enough with the amount of injury time. With our squad, it’s hardly weakening the team either. Poor stuff.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

They might have at least made a fuckin sub or two :lol:

In a bit Foam Moe

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

A good return for Scotland this international break.

If after 20 minutes in the Denmark game, you were to tell me Scotland would have 6 points by the end of it , I wouldn't have believed you. We started horrific in Demark and were quite fortunate that Denmark took their foot off the gas around the 30 minute mark, and we actually played a lot better in the second half and even created a chance or two.

Moldova was a frustrating game. We played fairly adventurous, and were pining balls in regularly but as we have struggled with for donkeys now, we just cannot hit the net and score. If we had any one of real prowess up front, we surely would have won that game 3 or 4, but with only one goal and although Moldova I don't think had any shots on target, it was always a worry. A decent performance, but unconvincing up front and if you can't break down teams like Moldova then how will you beat Austria?

Well, you go there and get quite fortunate with the penalty both it being given and Dykes managing to knock it home, and then putting in a marvelous, defensive performance that the Euro 2004 winners Greece would have been delighted with. You do that! Austrian couldn't get through that Scottish defence and thankfully for us although I would imagine the Anglo, Irish and Taff people of this ere bailwick would have laughed at, but that odious cretin Arnatouvic didn't score a leveler either.

Israel did us a huge favour and beat Austria on Saturday, and then they went to Parken and were stoated 4-0 by the mighty Danes. Our next few games are

October - Israel (h) Faroes (a)

A home tie against a team we will have faced 7 times in 2 years with a record of Scotland won 1, Israel won 2, drawn 3. And there has been nothing between the teams, if not our win against them at Hampden - Allan McGregor made a huge save at the end that was going in. A draw would possibly OK for us, but Israel will need to come out and win here. I would hope with the wee bit of momentum from this round of fixtures we could win this, but we cannot score goals! Hopefully a 50k sold out Hampden will spur us on to almost clinching the playoff spot that night and a victory!

Faroes (a) a tough match, a derby even considering they are just a kick and a punt fae the Hjatland eyja (ég spik de skots-nords tae ken) I'll shh, but they are the best of the minnows, IMO. Rarely get pumped, and were very unlucky on Saturday not to be on the only team in our group to have taken a point from Denmark, but ultimately lost 1-0. They followed up their heroics by beating Moldova 2-1 in Tórshavn. I'll take a 1-0 again, please. I might even take a 0-0 if Denmark have scelped Austria and Israel are out of the reckoning.

Grant Hanley has been outstanding of late for Scotland. He is shaping up in to a brilliant, no-nonsense, defender. He was always a bit scatter brained in his younger days, and prone to the odd mistake, but can't fault him at all since the turn of the year in a Scotland shirt. Jack Hendry is nicely coming away as a decent defender too, he has an interesting way of defending e.g runs about like a blue arsed fly and can dive in too, he is now at Club Bruges so will be interesting to see him in the Champions League. Patterson was excellent at right-back, a shame he missed the trip to Vienna, but I think I would just pick him ahead of SOD for the games in October. Most queer as CJ might ponder, that Patterson doesn't seem to be rated at Rangers. SOD was fine, you can see he is of limited ability, but he did fine yesterday and almost scored. It's fantastic to see players from Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen, get called up to the national team and play too.

Its basically in Scotland's hands - this playoff malarky - ah jings, criven! Also, how odd it is that Austria seem to be a horror run after what was an excellent Euro 2020 for them just 3 months ago! Really bizarre. Turkey have gone the other way as well. After hammering Norway 3-0 away, and Holland 4-2 before the Euros, idiots like Danny Murphy tipped them as dark horses for the Euros. Yet they stunk the tournament our, dare I say, even worse than Scotland? At least we got a point, :) But, they've continued that form in to this triple header and have gone from topping the group to fourth!

I'll head for the noo, but I'll maybe do a CONCACAF or CONMEBOL one if anyone is a fan of my deluded ramblings of trying to kill time at the end of my shift. Oh there, it is, home time! 00:00
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

finchman

Post by finchman »

thuirt gu math kev 👏👏👍
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Billy was a boy and Mick was relentless, good times watching them play.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -qualifier

All female team of officials to referee the Andorra vs England game on the weekend. Firmly behind this, they can’t be any worse than some of the fat old bastard blokes you see trying to officiate professional athletes every week.

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

PHHHWWWWOOOOAARRRRR!
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Scotch losing 2-1 at home to Israel. Still a long way to go but could this be this tournament qualifying banana skim for them?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Lyndon Dykes’s penalty saved. Big moment.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

McTominay at the very end! 3-2 Scotland. Deserved, have to say.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

It's like watching Brazil circa 1970
A joyless arsehole.