World Cup 2022

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: World Cup 2022

Post by Carlos J »

So RaRa off home as his house was burgled.

Shouldn't need to, but has been mentioned here before that why don't they get security in the house with the family when away?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

antdad

Post by antdad »

I suppose but even if they were repelled by security he would've had to return home. Still, do you think a few security guards on minimum wage are going to do much if faced with a gang of armed men, come on in boys. I know the area quite well, Chobham, Surrey near the CFC training ground is in the middle of nowhere.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

It used to be relarively frequent. The bod boys know where the players live, know they have lots of expensive stuff and know when they are away.
Security guards weren't needed when they tried it on Duncan Ferguson's house, an ambulance was more appropriate.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

antdad wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:29 am I suppose but even if they were repelled by security he would've had to return home. Still, do you think a few security guards on minimum wage are going to do much if faced with a gang of armed men, come on in boys. I know the area quite well, Chobham, Surrey near the CFC training ground is in the middle of nowhere.
Not well enough to know that it’s Cobham :wink:

I don’t live that far away. Problem is that these houses are so big that your next door neighbour would have no idea what’s going. As you say, if it’s an armed gang there is not too much security guards can do.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I think now the English FA need to be bold. Not a word associated with them, but hear me out. Southgate needs to be sacked and a real manager needs to be parachuted in. Pep, Anchelotti or better still some disgruntled ex French manager who knows the team inside out. Just for the remainder of the tournament. Time to be BOLD.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:07 am
antdad wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:29 am I suppose but even if they were repelled by security he would've had to return home. Still, do you think a few security guards on minimum wage are going to do much if faced with a gang of armed men, come on in boys. I know the area quite well, Chobham, Surrey near the CFC training ground is in the middle of nowhere.

I don’t live that far away. Problem is that these houses are so big that your next door neighbour would have no idea what’s going. As you say, if it’s an armed gang there is not too much security guards can do.
Come on ant and Jonathan.

Not security on minimum wage. One weeks wages will pay for a few high quality ex forces security there 24/7.

An armed gang aren't going to go there if they know
good security is there. If they don't and go there they aren't going to get into a firefight.

The fuck they will fire their shooters if they know people are there to stand up against them. Guns here Is a threat, people dont like to use them though, it ain't Baltimore.

So maybe soccerers are cheap and read stories about others robbed and think it won't be me.

I'd do that as a basic if off for a long trip.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:10 am I think now the English FA need to be bold. Not a word associated with them, but hear me out. Southgate needs to be sacked and a real manager needs to be parachuted in. Pep, Anchelotti or better still some disgruntled ex French manager who knows the team inside out. Just for the remainder of the tournament. Time to be BOLD.
You think the English public will want a forriner with what happened with Sven and Crapello? Really? We’re fucked if as one of the best leagues in the world we can't produce a reasonably qualified English manager to coach us.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:10 am I think now the English FA need to be bold. Not a word associated with them, but hear me out. Southgate needs to be sacked and a real manager needs to be parachuted in. Pep, Anchelotti or better still some disgruntled ex French manager who knows the team inside out. Just for the remainder of the tournament. Time to be BOLD.
Dream on, the FA are pussies, and now we have reached the quarters, Southgate is safe for at least another 5 years
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:24 am
Dream on, the FA are pussies, and now we have reached the quarters, Southgate is safe for at least another 5 years
No way. He has done the minimum needed.

Just because the players like him, he is an awful and lucky manager.

Get rid

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

... I was 'just putting it out there'. I wanted it said for posterity, like Hansard. :lol:
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:07 am
Harsh, well I said quite well. You'll know the sister village is only a few miles away then, I used to grab the odd Xmas tree from the common back in day in the very earl morning with 15ft of it hanging out the back of the car.

antdad

Post by antdad »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:11 am Come on ant and Jonathan.

Not security on minimum wage. One weeks wages will pay for a few high quality ex forces security there 24/7.

An armed gang aren't going to go there if they know
good security is there. If they don't and go there they aren't going to get into a firefight.

The fuck they will fire their shooters if they know people are there to stand up against them. Guns here Is a threat, people dont like to use them though, it ain't Baltimore.

So maybe soccerers are cheap and read stories about others robbed and think it won't be me.

I'd do that as a basic if off for a long trip.
You've been watching too much U.S TV mate, civilians can't carry guns in the UK even ex-forces. Security won't have guns and armed could mean bats or guns and if it's the later you wouldn't expect any unarmed security to stand up to having a gun pointing in his face. Still, you're probably right and he didn't have sufficient protection in the first place.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

They could use the leg tat we were supposed to be concerned about then all of a sudden told never to mention again
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:15 pm They could use the leg tat we were supposed to be concerned about then all of a sudden told never to mention again
Livin' dat gansta life ain't so kool now bruv.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

His nan reinked it, it's now Jesus on the cross, the uzi lent itself well to this reimagining and is very on-brand
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN