Newcastle United

Anything sportlike
Zippy

Re: Newcastle United

Post by Zippy »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:58 pm Stavely looks like microwaved death
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Newcastle issue is an interesting one for the future of the Premier League. As big a cunt as Fat Mike has been, he has still managed to make the club an attractive proposition and now with the already lucrative match day revenues, the Saudi backed ownership can make it commercially very profitable. Create hundreds of small company sponsorships. They can blow the FFP rules wide open which could actually help clubs like Villa, Leicester, West Ham and Everton. Will sponsors give a fuck about human rights abuses in Saudi and boycott the Toon? I doubt it very much.

If the FFP isn't going to be shifted aside, then I'm sure the big six will by hook or by crook become a big 7. The game really is that bent. So will they go for Salah, Mbappe and Pogba for £200m each and then put them on six year contracts on £750k a week or flood the club with talent from across the European leagues? Who knows? But I think there's no chance of them going down and probably spending £100m in January.

I would be a tad worried if I was a Chelsea or United fan and also as a Villa fan, I'm hoping we get in on the act otherwise, Toon are going to win the Champions League before Citeh do.

There's alot more! There's so much more to say but interesting times.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

The Saudi's aren't interested in making a profit on Newcastle.

This is all about them showing what a bunch of good guys they are.
A joyless arsehole.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JW90 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:44 pm Agreed. Pretty much all the owners will have shady dealings in their portfolio. Just different levels really.

If you want a global league you need global money. A lot of it won't be earned benevolently.
Precisely.

You invite in the money then you open the door to the shithouses. And the more money involved the bigger the shithouses.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:23 am I would be a tad worried if I was a Chelsea or United fan and also as a Villa fan, I'm hoping we get in on the act otherwise, Toon are going to win the Champions League before Citeh do.
I’m not worried at all because it’s gone too far to reverse now. The Premier League and UEFA will get the competitions they deserve.

My only concern is the continued existence of the Glazer parasites.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Nooo Carstle need to stay up first 🤣🤣🤣

The fucking absolute hilarity if they don't

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am Nooo Carstle need to stay up first 🤣🤣🤣

They're going to spend an obscene amount of money on decidedly shit players during the winter transfer window.

Oxlade-Chamberlin for £50m
Fred £75m
Tyrone Mings £87m
A joyless arsehole.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

shabbado wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:25 am
Sid Pervcat wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am Nooo Carstle need to stay up first 🤣🤣🤣

They're going to spend an obscene amount of money on decidedly shit players during the winter transfer window.

Fred £75m
Tyrone Mings £87m
Xhaka £150m? (fingers crossed)
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:51 am
kancutlawns wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:23 am I would be a tad worried if I was a Chelsea or United fan and also as a Villa fan, I'm hoping we get in on the act otherwise, Toon are going to win the Champions League before Citeh do.
I’m not worried at all because it’s gone too far to reverse now. The Premier League and UEFA will get the competitions they deserve.

My only concern is the continued existence of the Glazer parasites.
One of Liverpool or Manchester United will be heading the way of Arsenal and Tottenham. I wonder who’ll be the next team to get a megabucks owner?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Pogba for 300m would be pant-pissingly hilarious, especially if he only agrees as he thinks he's returning to Juve
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:32 am

Fred £75m
Tyrone Mings £87m
Lets not get silly
A joyless arsehole.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Fred £75m
Tyrone Mings £87m
They are going to need to do something like that. Go up a level every season until they make top four I would think.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:01 am

Fred £75m
Tyrone Mings £87m
They are going to need to do something like that. Go up a level every season until they make top four I would think.
Yeah, spot on. Citeh did similar when they won the despot lottery.

Chelsea were in a slightly better when Roman's dirty roubles arrived. If memory serves they were in the Champions League and bought some decent players in the first few seasons.
A joyless arsehole.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

shabbado wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:53 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:32 am

Fred £75m
Tyrone Mings £87m
Lets not get silly
Corluka, Lucas Leiva and Joe Hart for £750m?

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Ronaldo for one billion
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN