Joe Rogan quits YouTube for Spotify.

Music, TV, movies, anything else media not Talksport related
Sadact7

Re: Joe Rogan quits YouTube for Spotify.

Post by Sadact7 »

This might just be me, but every time I see Joe Rogan I have an urge to take a cheese grater to his head.

Weird.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

kevin04 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:19 pm
rorymac wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:37 am
lambrini wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 pm

🔥
I watched this and found it uncomfortable. Seems to be gone a bit hatstand but wouldn't say what medication he's on. I recommend narcotics anonymous and prayer for humility. Hopefully someone will tell him rorymac from talkforum said that :butthead:
Try to take JP at face value, especially with the crazy hyperbole around him.

I think a lot of what Peterson has said is good, a lot of what he says is absolute nonsense, and don't have a particularly strong opinion on him either way. I usually listen to him if he goes on JRE, but even in his more lucid, pomp, pre-benzo, Russian coma etc, I always found him a bit of a whirlwind and hard to follow.

I'm sure my IQ is less than three digits, but this appearance was an absolute ramble. The first 30 mins is just rubbish, "there is no such thing as climate", and he would jump from straw man to long words back to an original point you had forgotten he was trying to make. I cringed as well at the sociopathic businessmen like Trump, and Peterson refusing to see many as that. He wasn't even suggesting every one, just many were.

And, what was the tuxedo for? Joe didn't even ask why he was wearing one! Dress to impress, but lets not kid on that wear a tuxedo on a podcast is still a strange occurrence so I'm mystified why it wasn't brought up!
I don't know about you, Kevin, but I thought the conversation between Joe and Jordan sounded strained, as if the activity felt laborious, compared to their previous meetings a few years ago. idk.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:55 am
kevin04 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:19 pm
rorymac wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:37 am
lambrini wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 pm

🔥
I watched this and found it uncomfortable. Seems to be gone a bit hatstand but wouldn't say what medication he's on. I recommend narcotics anonymous and prayer for humility. Hopefully someone will tell him rorymac from talkforum said that :butthead:
Try to take JP at face value, especially with the crazy hyperbole around him.

I think a lot of what Peterson has said is good, a lot of what he says is absolute nonsense, and don't have a particularly strong opinion on him either way. I usually listen to him if he goes on JRE, but even in his more lucid, pomp, pre-benzo, Russian coma etc, I always found him a bit of a whirlwind and hard to follow.

I'm sure my IQ is less than three digits, but this appearance was an absolute ramble. The first 30 mins is just rubbish, "there is no such thing as climate", and he would jump from straw man to long words back to an original point you had forgotten he was trying to make. I cringed as well at the sociopathic businessmen like Trump, and Peterson refusing to see many as that. He wasn't even suggesting every one, just many were.

And, what was the tuxedo for? Joe didn't even ask why he was wearing one! Dress to impress, but lets not kid on that wear a tuxedo on a podcast is still a strange occurrence so I'm mystified why it wasn't brought up!
I don't know about you, Kevin, but I thought the conversation between Joe and Jordan sounded strained, as if the activity felt laborious, compared to their previous meetings a few years ago. idk.
Because Jordon's grift is coming to an end.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

EddieCheddar wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:13 am I see Neil Young kicked up a fuss about Rogan and Spotify called dear old Neil’s bluff :lol:
Was it "a bluff", though?
One way of looking at it is that NY, in a sneaky and devious way, drew attention to Spotify valuing podcasters higher than musicians, in terms of Spotify profits.
Musicians hold the copyright of the songs; Spotify holds the copyright to " audio content" on Spotify ... or some fucking thing.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

I wonder if when Spotify realised it was going to become a political broadcaster when they signed Joe up?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Having looked at this on Twitter over the last few days, there appears to be a distinct lack of those "private companies can platform whoever they like" types of people on this particular issue. Funny that.

I only really listen to Rogan when he has Joey Diaz on. Could listen to him for days talking about cocaine and hooker stories.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

TalkFORUM is the last outpost of freeze peach
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

gheko

Post by gheko »

Who the fuck is Joe Rogan anyway??

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

gheko wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm Who the fuck is Joe Rogan anyway??
Just off the top of my head:

Joseph James Rogan (born August 11, 1967) is an American podcaster, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) color commentator, comedian, actor, and former television presenter.He hosts The Joe Rogan Experience, a podcast that he launched in 2009 in which he discusses topics such as current events, politics, philosophy, comedy, and hobbies with a variety of guests.

Rogan was born in Newark, New Jersey, and began his career in comedy in August 1988 in the Boston area. After relocating to Los Angeles in 1994, he signed an exclusive developmental deal with Disney, and appeared as an actor on several television shows including Hardball and NewsRadio. In 1997, he started working for the UFC as an interviewer and color commentator. He released his first comedy special, I'm Gonna Be Dead Someday ..., in 2000, and hosted the game show Fear Factor from 2001 to 2006.

After leaving Fear Factor, Rogan focused on his stand-up career and hosted more comedy specials. He launched The Joe Rogan Experience in 2009; by 2015, it was one of the most popular podcasts in the world, regularly receiving millions of views per episode. Spotify obtained exclusive rights to The Joe Rogan Experience in 2020 for US$100 million. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Rogan drew controversy for hosting physicians such as Robert W. Malone and Peter A. McCullough, both of whom provided misinformation regarding COVID-19

In a bit Foam Moe

gheko

Post by gheko »

Never heard of him until this thread.

......working for the UFC as an interviewer and color commentator.

WTF is a colour commentator???

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

gheko wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:09 pm Never heard of him until this thread.

......working for the UFC as an interviewer and color commentator.

WTF is a colour commentator???
I think it’s American terminology for gobshite.

Like when you have a commentary team, you’ll have the main commentator who does the play by play, then the colour commentator who shouts, whoops and tries to be funny.

So similar to a co-commentator but more of a clown.

In a bit Foam Moe

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zippy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:36 am Having looked at this on Twitter over the last few days, there appears to be a distinct lack of those "private companies can platform whoever they like" types of people on this particular issue. Funny that.

I only really listen to Rogan when he has Joey Diaz on. Could listen to him for days talking about cocaine and hooker stories.
His chat with Roger Penrose was very good. I like long-form chats and Rogan does them well with good guesses. But it's got a lot more hit and miss as the years have gone on.

gheko

Post by gheko »

Turns out he's a racist.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:28 pm
Zippy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:36 am Having looked at this on Twitter over the last few days, there appears to be a distinct lack of those "private companies can platform whoever they like" types of people on this particular issue. Funny that.

His chat with Roger Penrose was very good. I like long-form chats and Rogan does them well with good guesses. But it's got a lot more hit and miss as the years have gone on.
+1

He was polite and considerate; didn't swear once. Lol.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

gheko wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm Who the fuck is Joe Rogan anyway??
A bloke who sold the rights to his podcast to Spotify for an estimated $100 million.
( ◡‿◡ )
Treat me right
Let me in if I break